Posts by newfoundking

I thought the same thing the first time I saw it too. To me a drug lab has always been a meth house basement operation. But I've thought a little on it, and after seeing a few instances here for similar situations, it could be a legal drug lab (probably not) like a marijuana grow operation (O Canada anyone?) or even a pharmaceutical lab, or more realistically, an in home alarm system, or in a commercial building like an old warehouse or something equipped with an alarm and the drug producers either never disabled it due to attention or otherwise.

If it's illegal, it's likely that they aren't registering their property at Vivint as a drug lab, but this information could be flagged in the system by the police as a potential drug lab?

And then again, it's probably an oversight, and not lazy drug producers, or legitimate agencies ^^

Would the amount of swat needed be able to be a bit balanced? Irl, in the whole of South Australia, there's one bearcat :/ makes it hard to play realistically.

Thanks! :) :)

I hear ya, especially in my area where there's technically no armoured vehicled whatsoever. What I did was get creative. The Armoured vehicle is just what I used for larger SWAT vehicles, and for SUVs, what I did was implement crisis negotiators, detectives, whatever non-patrol units would make sense and assign them to SUVs. So if I have a bank robbery, I might send 3 detective cars, which meets the requirements, and doesn't break the realism totally either.

As it stands right now, there's no real way to set number of people based on AAR. SWAT is the generic for either SWAT SUV or Truck. I use it on the calls that require just 4 SWAT, as all my vehicles will have a minimum of 4 officers, but sometimes the truck is significantly closer than the SUV.

As it stands right now however, dispatching based on the number of people isn't possible, probably in part due to limitations and the system only choosing the people AFTER the vehicle is sent if they are not assigned. The same happens with Water rescue vehicles as well. Might be something to bring up in a suggestion for improvements. For now, I recommend assigning your personnel to vehicles. SUVs all get 4, trucks all get 6, and then you can do the math from there. Assignments prevent officers getting sent on patrol in a car and your truck or SUV going out with only a couple people on it, instead of a full load

For me, the realism is definitely there where units get stood down en route or on scene. In fire dispatch, we often send trucks responding to a scene back to their station when the call is of a minor nature, but some calls, it's only determined minor after a few minutes, so units are being released before the call is completed. This happens for expansion down missions, where a Rollover turns into a regular MVA or something, where units may be on scene and not be needed any more. It's much quicker to take them down in one fell swoop than one at a time. As more expansions are added, making calls more and more minor, this makes sense to add.

Another call that comes to mind where units being released could be beneficial is the Active shooter. Once the police are done, that's when the patients appear, but this means that I've got one helicopter and 4 SWAT units (maybe more) tied up waiting for the paramedics to clear the patients.

A different solution would be a cancel select option, similar to how we dispatch units. Select the units you want cancelled (en route or on scene) and cancel them, so we'd have a cancel all, cancel ambulances and cancel selected buttons. That's the best solution in my head

I believe that is correct. Disabling it under settings will stop calls from growing. It's helpful particularly if you find yourself building calls up in the red that you can't answer. I leave it on because it helps the pot grow faster.

While it's a good idea in theory, I get the abused thing too. Not only could you use it to speed up areas, but you could also end up 'selling' your account to someone new. Whether it's an actual exchange of money, or whatever, there could be a chance that you could sell off your account with that. Done with the game? Sure, I'll sell everything I have, give it to someone new, so they don't have to unlock all the things like Quints and Rescue Engines, and they'll have a few million (or tens or hundreds of millions) to play with to start off, not to mention the coins. It is crappy when you want to start over, but not from scratch, but I get why Sebastian is weary of it too.

A mission expansion is a random chance (there's percentages set in the code somewhere) that your mission will change into the expanded missions, upon unit arrival. Like a small protest can grow into a medium, a domestic can turn into an officer down, or flood size can go anywhere from small to giant. Basically it just changes the call on you when the first unit shows up. Most times it makes it bigger and requires more units, but in some cases, the unit requirements can change, making some units on scene no longer necessary.

Looks good! A different type of setting that is easy to see is great. Good work!

I like these types of icons because you're able to quickly identify call types and priority when you "accidentally" leave the game running and stack up 30+ calls

So to me, this reminds me of the game 911 Operator, where you can equip personnel with two items each that will help them in some way shape or form when it comes to calls. I think it was instituted in that game because they wanted to make it a leveled game, so you have to do something than just answer calls. I never really liked that for a simulation type game. Let's be honest, a cop going to a riot isn't going to have to choose between pepper spray, a vest and a gun, they're gonna take that and more.

I could see a useful (and costly) update being brought into this setting though that wouldn't change the game too much, but could make it a slightly more leveled experience, which is allowing vehicles to be upgraded. Say Type 1 Engine has all the regular equipment, upgrade 1 would give it slightly better, and upgrade 2 better again. That's more realistic in my opinion, and it allows departments to level up over time, similar to how they would in the real world with not new equipment perse, but better equipment.

Just to clarify, you're asking for an ability to turn off alliance buildings while still allowing staging areas to be shown?

I think that could be helpful, especially if you're in a densely populated area. Perhaps have a separate option to disable alliance staging areas, so that you can turn those off too if they're not useful to you currently

Starting out, the game feels slow. Your best bet is to find an alliance near you and use it to build up your coffers through call sharing. The game does go slow, but that's the point. If you could lay it out seconds, you could get bored even faster.

When you get a little further ahead, an alliance isn't as necessary, but starting off, if you have an alliance nearby to join shared calls, you can really increase your credits and get more stations quickly. The game is about waiting, and you'll learn that rushing through it won't get you anywhere, except maybe burning through coins. I was frustrated when I started too, but you learn to plan and work towards goals.

I'm at the point now where each fire station costs me a million credits. It's painful to save up, but I plan. That's what you need to do as well. Plan and take it slow. The game is designed this way.

Maybe, and I'm shooting in the dark here, but provide automatic training for like x many people free and available to all people with more than however many ambulances

So like for example, if you had 300 ambulances because you've been playing for ages, and training was completed at the fire school as a paramedic, you were able to instantly train 150 paramedics, so you could have 1 on each rig, otherwise they'd all be assumed to have EMT. Have it as a one off applied only to players upon release of the game with more than say 10 ambulances or something, because someone with less than that many wouldn't notice that much of a difference either way. After that initial boom, you'd be able to train them regularly like a HAZMAT or Mobile Command Class. It's not automatic, but it would solve the issue at hand. The only other solution I can see is to just designate half of the resources as paramedics automatically, but I think that would create problems for people that may have 2/3s of their rigs as BLS and only 1/3 as ALS.

To expand, I can understand not wanting to keep vehicles if they're no longer useful, but I'm kicking myself for some of the vehicles I had, like the dozens of type 1s I've replaced with Quints or Rescue Engines and deleted. Or moving a truck 200x so I don't have to delete it. Somewhere to store it would be nice, but instead of a 10k charge, perhaps building it at a cost of something like 500k or inflated like fire stations get, but having it so that the unit is no longer in service and cannot be put into service until given a station. If it was a 500k charge, but had no limit on stored vehicle, it could be useful for storing vehicles when you have too many for the type of officer (like SWAT, HAZMAT, etc) so you can put in a car that can be used, but could also be good to move some of those type 1s or fly-cars or whatever you have too many of until you can afford a proper home for them. My big thing is I had a bunch of RL SUVs for SWAT as what i snow armoured cars and Motorcycles as patrol cars. As they're being replaced, I have to wait until I can afford an expansion and rename the cars, or delete my PC, train the officer and then give him a bike. If I could store the PC, when he was trained, I could put the patrol into storage and move the bike there.

Even if it was a coins only item, like I don't know, 35 coins, or reduced for premium members, I'd buy into it. It can be helpful for station planning, especially when new units are released, or you live somewhere like I do, and they shifted all the units around the city when they bought a few new trucks.

Eh, I'm not a big fan of sirens because Portugal uses different sirens than Canada, Newfoundland different than Ontario, Hell, the RCMP don't use the same sirens as the Provincial Police.

Radio sounds could be nice, but I have one big desire. The transport and Updated Call Type sounds are identical, and I hate both of them. That bloody doorbell. If it was a beep, or something like a radio noise, that'd be infinitely better. If they were different, well, I'd be like a pig in sh kid on Christmas

I think that this would fall under a game suggestion, as opposed to general discussion, but nonetheless

Are you talking about a van to carry multiple officers to a scene or to carry multiple transports from a scene? I've seen the prisoner transport request, which I think would certainly really make the game easier, but should be based on something similar to the MCU or a leveled vehicle like a quint, otherwise it'd be too easy to play. If you mean a van to take say 6 officers to a scene, I think that would no really be useful as it sits right now.

The game only measures people for the Water Rescue, as well as SWAT units. The only way this would be a helpful add would be if they changed the count in the game to count police officers on scene and not the number of cars.

I think this would help a lot more with the police side, however this game right now is definitely fire centered. If they changed the police system to require number of police officers on a scene, especially now with the addition on the count for SWAT officers, and the police motorcycles (which can carry only half that of a PC) it would be a very helpful add and could make the gameplay very different and perhaps better for police style calls.

Of course, this would be a big change, as all calls would need to be changed because patrol cars go with just 1, but can take two, so you'd have to judge calls on whether you need 2 officers, or 4, etc.

Suggestion has been mentioned before I'm sure, but I'd like to suggest a way to disable certain audio events, or at least do something with the audio.

I usually will play the game for a while, let it run, get a few MCIs and then check out. If I dare open the site without muting the computer, I'm a goner. I don't like to play with the sound off because I don't hear the ring from calls coming in, but the bell(?) that plays when a transport request is just over the top. It's already loud (usually over powers youtube or other internet audio) which would be manageable, but when opening the site with new transports, a bell sound plays for EACH one, all at the same time, which creates a deafening sound.

If there was a way in settings to disable just the gong, or to adjust volume of the game audio, that'd be dandy. Even a lowering of the volume would be an improvement. Right now my solution is mute all sounds before closing and muting the computer (or phone) every time I reopen, just in case I forgot or it didn't stick. This is the part of the game that I like the least and would be the biggest improvement for me.

No one forced him to put combo units in the game. He controls what goes in. If he didn't want them going in, they wouldn't be in.

While nobody forced him to put it in, when you run a game of any sort, you add what people want, or people don't play. While it is his game, it's obvious that he adds the things that we want to see, not just whatever he wants. While you do draw a line at some point of things you put in, you have t o meet the players halfway, else they'll go elsewhere and the game is over. I believe the rescue engine and quint are the halfway point. He didn't want combo units, we did and he met us halfway with some combo units

We've done wild fires, using both the major fire and custom mission. Some other suggestions are:

• Ship fire (Cruise ship with mass casualty, Container with possible HAZMAT)
    • Concert fire (Mass casualty and fire)
    • School Fire
    • Subway fire (or subway crash)
    • Bus over cliff (Stuck climber + MCI)
    • Major Airliner crash in neighbourhood (Major fire and multiple injuries), basically large aircraft crash on steroids
    • Apartment building fire
    • Rural large fire (Typically need a lot of tankers if there are no hydrants)