Posts by Ryan26

I only know of one fire station where I used to live where it was such a big building in a central area of the district that part of the building was a police station, where I live now most towns in the county including mine have separate buildings for the departments but are relatively close. My towns PD, main fire station, and the county EMS building that houses an ambulance are right next to each other all within 50 yards of eachother but are still separate buildings, and my department only has an SUV with BLS equipment for medical calls so I just separate everything like it is IRL.

Usually they stay on scene helping out the ALS staff by grabbing stuff from the ambulance or medical bags, or help lift the patient to transport. Just depends on the situation. But the devs should definitely figure out a fix to prioritize what patients get treated by what units.

Invest in some fly cars, and they might see this and attempt to change it, but I agree that if there's a combination of ALS and BLS patients the medical vehicle matching with the status of the patient should prioritize treatment on that patient, but if you were to have a BLS patient on scene and send both an ALS and BLS ambulance it would not be out of the ordinary for the ALS ambulance to take over.

This is what the EMS Rescue is designed to do, not Heavy Rescue. EMS Rescue is treated as an ALS vehicle but can't transport.

heavy rescues in many high population areas do have light medical supplies, it's not uncommon at all in big town and city areas for a rescue from a fire department to respond to a medical call if a ladder or engine isn't closer to the call. The EMS rescue is kinda more like a major support unit, for example in a building collapse it would carry some of the same rescue equipment as a rescue from a fire department but also more advanced care equipment than an ambulance or fly car.

If it crashes the game it's a big, maybe a select all options or something g would solve the problem, when you have a lot of units it's not a quick job to move them to a staging area, a solution would be appreciated

Vic is right, it's a game, it can only handle so much at a time. And a game can handle a lot more than us. Think of how fast it can send 10 units simultaneously compared to if you were in a dispatch center dispatching 10 units you have to call all of them individually over a radio and give the call details. You're asking this game so much and it's just not able to do it.

Putting this in the suggestions thread is a good idea. It would make the game more realistic and add the feel to the game that patrol vehicles actively patrolling and non patrol units returning to stations are paying attention to their surroundings. It's not as common but sometimes first responders do end up finding things by themselves and stop to help.

I see where the creator of this thread is coming from, I have this same issue, while I like to keep a realism concept while I play many times I end up with calls requiring fire and police units and I don't have any available because they are sitting at calls that have ambulances required and no longer require the police or fire units. This would be a very convenient feature instead of having to go through and individually clear either the amount of units required or all the units on scene that are no longer needed instead of only having the cancel all ambulances button. This could also be implemented for fly cars too, seeing as they aren't counted as ambulances even though when being dispatched they fall under the ambulance tab.

I will try that, I'll actually probably start setting up to have 3 dispatch centers in each area for all 3 different services. That's how it's set up IRL anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

I'm going to test that later today but I think they do go faster when responding rather than just patrolling or returning to their stations

If it's at all possible, I have been getting overwhelmed with major calls stacking up with less minor calls, obviously there are more major calls to make the game not be boring but maybe reduce the amount of major calls just a bit? I have calls stacking while prioritizing them, for example I have a riot with injuries and a full cardiac arrest but at the same time I have a major brush fire.

It would be cool though if they set vehicles at different speeds based on size, and another cool thing would be if they could figure out a way to script vehicles to slow down or stop at intersections to simulate clearing traffic before proceeding through. Obviously if it is possible it's going to be difficult to figure out

While it is true that they will send the services from that specific area to a call right at a boundary line, there could be a need for mutual aid to respond first to a call for example if majority of the units that are stationed in that part of a jurisdiction are on a call already mutual aid would be sent as first due and other units from that jurisdiction would still respond but because they are further they are mainly sent for jurisdiction purposes while those mutual aid units begin working the scene.

While this is true, scene cleanup is very important in emergencies, and on accident scenes tow truck drivers are at just as much risk as firefighters, EMS personnel and law enforcement officers. In minor things like a blown tire for example tow truck drivers are first and most times the only responders. And if you ever watch a Nascar event tow trucks are counted as emergency vehicles. A tow truck would be a very amazing, realistic minor update to have for car accidents. And as you said this is an emergency dispatching game, many places the units on scene request a tow truck and the dispatcher has to contact the tow company.

It's an emergency dispatching game, not a scene cleanup, so I don't really think this would suit the game.

Most likely the "every 3 minutes" is an average, I keep mine set like that too and it will be quiet for a while then major calls start coming in back to back with some minor calls mixed in.

I like the fleet garage idea, the only change I would make to it is you can set them as unavailable if that's how you want it. I based my set up on the city my uncle works in as a firefighter, and I found a very reliable source for making it super realistic. But there are a lot of reserve units that are used for swap outs during maintenance but would also be used in the event that emergency services are overwhelmed and more resources are needed, at which point staff from off duty shifts would come in and use the units to assist.

You can think of your own outcomes of these things, I sort calls out by priority of whether or not there's a victim, for example IRL if there's a big storm emergency services are going to prioritize the calls with victims first, if a building burns down that's preferably better than someone being trapped under a tree and passing away. I don't really imagine my own way of how it ends and how the patient is after the fact because the game is about dispatching units and building resources to further the game experience. As a first responder it is my job to help someone as much as I can and then they go to the hospital and I move on and help the next person, if I save their life, good on me, if they pass, I shake it off because we all know not everyone can be saved but the longer you keep dealing with the ones you can't save the more people you don't save that you could have saved. And honestly, I don't like to think about death in this kind of game either, I save that for call of duty and rainbow six siege.

I think it's in the settings on the dispatch center too, but when you go to the dispatch window you should be able to see where you can change the distance that the mission is able to spawn from a vehicle, I have it set to 400 km and it works great to spread the calls out across the map.