Posts by CFA112

Currently, I am unable to purchase most vehicles in stations that I have purchased either an Engine-Ambulance or Rescue-Ambulance. I am including some pics below to show. In order they are:

An Ambulance station with an available bay, no expansion, no EA's or RA's or expansions.

A full Ambulance Station (this is normal).

An Ambulance Station with a Rescue-Ambulance in it, but two available bays.

A Fire Station with the Ambulance Expansion.

I turned off LSSM to see if it something with that and it did not change anything.

Thanks for any help,

CFA112

I am having a few issues with spawned missions.

1) Seasonal missions are spawning including Easter, Halloween, and St. Patrick's day.

2) Police Missions are being spawned by Fire Stations (that are not complexes) and the Requirements page is indicating the Fire Station is a Police Station.

3) A couple of other players have reported mission spawning well above their current build.

Besides just being weird, the missions can't be completed.

Thanks,

CFA112

Would it be possible to allow Type 3 Engines to be visible in the game's "Firetruck" tab for Available Units?

Currently, Type 1, Type 2, Quints, Rescue Engines, Pumper Tankers, and Ambulance Engines all show up in that tab leaving the Type 3 Engine as the only unit capable of doing Engine or "Firetruck" duties out.

Thanks,

CFA112

This was done as part of gameplay. As MC originated as a game that required you to "Play" on a regular basis. By allowing the player to do multiple follow-ups per vehicle, essentially makes playing automatic, allowing the player to set it and forget it.

I'd also be curious what real-life dispatch center assigns a resource to an infinite amount of follow-ups. None I've ever worked for.

In New England, US anyway, USCG and the state's National Guard routinely operate at local/regional incidents. Last week in Massachusetts there were several USCG assets searching for a missing swimmer off the North Shore (USCG Helo, Plane, and at least one boat). New Hampshire's National Guard routinely responds with medevac helo's into the White Mountains for Search & Rescue and medevac carry-outs; as well as provide wildland fire water drops.

I've seen in-game as well that many players will modify their various stations by using USCG naming. While it doesn't actually modify the game or unit, it shows the concept of USCG or other specific military agencies makes sense.

I would call that part of the gameplay. If you wanted brush units to only go to brush missions, Types 4-7 will do that and never come up as an engine. Type 4 is the ideal unit for this scenario as it does brush only and carries more water than a Type 3 with the same level of available staffing. They're also 9,000 Credits cheaper.

I've never understood these in forums anywhere. Most of the "expert" people that post end up looking like fools posting incessantly (Not always). Maybe a joined in (add date here) would make more sense. There's a few folks with over 4 years playing and are still beginners.

This concept is cost prohibitive and even as a late game idea, would only be available to top tier players who likely already have their strategies set. I think TACRfan pretty much hits the points.

This game doesn’t flow like most games. It’s less competitive and more collaborative, thus the donating coins option recently released.

I can see someone wanting to combine stations down the road, more likely beginning or middle play. IRL, the US has many Public Safety Complexes that house all services. A simpler plan seems appropriate.

Three fully built out regular stations (Fire, Police, Ambulance) would allow for a total of 120 Bays (40 each) at a total cost of 11,380,000 Credits; far less than the 16,800,00 credits and would have 55 more bays than this concept.

Might I propose two alternative ideas? One is a new build and one combination of existing builds. As always, I’m not a coder so bear with me on how easy this is to do. I don’t know how the UK system has been set up.

COMBINATION OF EXISTING STATIONS - PUBLIC SAFETY COMPLEX

-1,000,000 credits per station combined, no limit. (2)Stations = 2,000,000, (3)Stations = 3,000,000, etc

-50,000 per existing Bay. Instead of a finite number of bays set at the beginning, you’re literally combining your station’s existing bays for a price.

-Any new bays are the standard 100,000 per pay.

-120 Bays maximum

-Expansions carry over. If combining a fire station with an ambulance expansion and an ambulance station, you lose that expansion.

-Carries the equivalent of 2 stations per mission type (Don’t need 100 trucks for a car fire)

NEW BUILD - PUBLIC SAFETY COMPLEX

-3,000,000 Credits to build.

-Fire, Ambulance, and Police available immediately.

-3 Bays included (Theory of housing 1 Fire Truck, 1 Ambulance and 1 Police Car)

-100,000 for any new bays up to 120. No discounts for the first couple bays, they’re included.

-120 Bays maximum

-Carries the equivalent of 2 stations per mission type

Any inconsistencies between the two ways of building are part of the strategy. Combining may cost more, but if you start with two, then three, or maybe leave it at two, it will allow building more credits to buy more. How and when is a part of the game and leaves those decisions to the player.

I would add a couple of things I learned from playing before small stations existed.

-Always check in the Vehicle Market for station requirements. As you add stations, missions will require units you may not have gotten yet. Get them before adding the next station.

-Additionally, check the Possible Missions page for the type AND number of units that may be required. You may have gotten the right units, but not enough of them,

-Be careful adding small stations. You can easily become overwhelmed having more mission requirements than you have bays in the stations to house them.

The game design was essentially based on the regular stations having three bays. You'll see pricing for bays is...

10,000 - Add second bay

50,000 - Add third Bay (Same price as a Small Fire Station)

100,000 - fourth and subsequent bays

A lot of folks figure why just add a bay when I can add another small station for the same price, then try to figure out why they don't have enough units for their new missions. It's definitely okay to do it. Just be aware of why that happens.

I think the issue I was having is over the last few days when I noticed it, I had/have about 7 or 8 tasks, three of them being Finish ## Christmas tasks and the other 4 or 5 tasks on the list don't mention Christmas, so they're unrelated. Verifying that, I just completed a task, again without Christmas in the name and received the prize for that task, but the Christmas ones didn't move. So that's making more sense now.

Now on to the other weird thing I found in all this. My "Christmas Missions" award never activated for Christmas. It's been saying, "Only Available round Christmas time" all season.

As one who is normally against any form of auto play, this sounds intriguing. So you're not looking for some sort of unit to just play the game for you, collecting full amounts on missions, but a sort of assistant that requires a financial and time effort. Does that sound right?

If so, this is a rare situation that goes past the usual whining that the game is hard because of the grind. But an attempt to balance the grind with some help. I do think it should cost the player in a major way at the onset or have a bench mark that must be reached similar to getting Rescue-Engines and Quints when ya make Captain.

I disagree the idea that most players will downvote these ideas because they didn't get it as easy. I liked the game the same when I was grinding for 100,000 Credit Fire Stations as much as I do now grinding for 1,500,000 Credit Fire Stations. And may folks are the same. I also think looking at some credit based incentives is a good idea.

CFA112

While Type-1 and 2 Engines are Free, there is a 5,000 Credit savings when building a Fire Station with a Rescue-Pumper or a Quint. Those two units are 14,000 when purchased with the Fire Station as opposed to 19,000 when purchased later.

I believe Wildland only stations were once discussed and I don't know if still planned. If so, would it be possible in place of (or addition to) Wildland only stations, Could regular stations have an option to be "Wildland Only" stations even though the were built regular (with the Forestry Expansion added)?

I'm guessing many players like myself are/will be building these stations in heavily forested are like a National Park or National Forest where the missions of a regular station don't make sense (I.e. Industrial/Commercial buildings, houses, transformers, garages, etc).

My idea is a toggle button like the "Ready for Action" buttons on the expansions, but this one would lock down missions to Wildland only.

As always, I defer to coding & technology issues I wouldn't understand when looking at this. Keep up the great work.

John/CFA112

Still hoping they can bring back the Alliance members' stations on the operations map as mentioned in Bugs. Still miss not being able to know where my fellow players placed their stations.

I think restoring this feature on the operational map would be great. It is helpful when planning station builds within the alliance, as well as being able to see what each station has for units.

You can see the players stations in their profile. However, station planning between players is harder switching between maps and also you are unable to see what that player has in their station for mission sharing plans.

Lastly, you don't know if/when a player pops up playing near your stations or you share an area with another player without going through each individual players profile to see where they're at.