• Credit Reward: 2800

• Name/Type of Mission: Unknown substance

• Units Required: 1 hazmat, 1 fire truck, 1 battalion

• POI Required: none

• Patients: 0-1

• Prisoners: 0

• Credit Reward: 1750

• Name/Type of Mission: Heavy machinery accident

• Units Required: 2 heavy rescue, 4 fire trucks, 1 platform, 2 battalion, 1 mobile command

• Patients: 1-3

• Credit Reward: 4150

• Name/Type of Mission: Out of control grass fire

• Units Required: 3 water tankers, 10 fire trucks, 2 battalion

• Patients: 0

• Credit Reward: 6200

How about training calls as such? Basically calls where you dispatch units to 'train and prepare' them. Awarding credits would of course still be done as it would take time and a number of resources.

Here are a few possibilities -

TRAINING CALL 1

• Name/Type of Mission: Light aircraft crash training

• Units Required: 2 ARFF, 1 platform truck, 2 battalion chief, 3 ambulances

• Credit Reward: 2450

TRAINING CALL 2

• Name/Type of Mission: Ladder platform training

• Units Required: 1/2 platform trucks (will vary)

• Credit Reward: 1720

TRAINING CALL 3

• Name/Type of Mission: Vehicle entrapment training

• Units Required: 1 heavy rescue and/or 1 fire truck (will vary)

• Credit Reward: 1650

TRAINING CALL 4

• Name/Type of Mission: Heavy aircraft crash training

• Units Required: 3 ARFF, 4 fire trucks, 2 platform trucks, 4 battalion chief, 1 mobile command, 6 ambulances

• Credit Reward: 5100

If completing such training calls then somehow changed how fast the crew can complete a call, that could be interesting to see and rather useful. Of course training such as the plane crash training would occur very rarely. Doubtful changing the speed of completing future calls that use the skills gained in the training would actually happen... You never know though ;)

I just happened to notice that the game does not contain any fence fires! So here is my suggestion -

• Name/Type of Mission: Brush fence fire

• Units Required: 2 fire trucks

• Credit Reward: 650

Another call I thought of -

• Name/Type of Mission: Bark chips on fire

• Units Required: 1 fire truck

• Credit Reward: 320

Hopefully these can be considered!
    Bark chips are found in garden beds for those who are unfamiliar with the term :P

Thought of some more possible calls - this time relating to animals.

SUGGESTION 1

• Name/Type of Mission: Animal stuck in drain

• Credit Reward: 275

SUGGESTION 2

• Name/Type of Mission: Animal stuck up tree

• Credit Reward: 375

... Thought it would be cool to see some more animal based callouts. They may be simple, but every detail adds to the realism :P

To add onto what Kieran has said above -

Going by what is done in my local fire service, here are a few of my suggestions:

SUGGESTION 1

• Name/Type of Mission: Fire Alarm

• Units Required: 2 fire trucks

• Credit Reward: 500
    • 25-50% chance it can upgrade to a fire (such as kitchen, room, residential, chimney, roof, fast food etc)

SUGGESTION 2

• Name/Type of Mission: Fire Alarm

• Units Required: 2 fire trucks, 1 platform

• POI Required: hospital/mall/office building/high rise

• Credit Reward: 750
    • 25-50% chance it can upgrade to a fire

On an unrelated note, here are a few more:

SUGGESTION 3

• Name/Type of Mission: Building impact

• Units Required: 1 fire truck, 1 heavy rescue, 1 rescue

• Patients: 1

• Credit Reward: 1300

SUGGESTION 4

• Name/Type of Mission: BBQ Fire

• Credit Reward: 600
    • 25-50% chance it can upgrade to a fire (such as room, residential etc)

SUGGESTION 5

• Name/Type of Mission: Assist with patient lift

• Credit Reward: 250

SUGGESTION 6

• Name/Type of Mission: Assist with entry

• Credit Reward: 350

Going by the number of likes, a lot of people would like to see something like this.

Perhaps a station based statistics page could be done? Including 3 key things - the incident type, number of these the station has gone to, and the percentage of total calls this incident represents... 8)

No I'm referring to the game. Must be a glitch then if no one else has had this before.

I've been having a look... Perhaps you are thinking about the chimney fire call? It requires the exact same vehicles to attend the initial mission (1 truck, 1 battalion, 1 ladder), and does seem to regularly upgrade to a roof fire. Other than that, I can't think of any other explanation :huh:

Yes, it does expand to a House Fire. Its not a glitch.

You may want to read over this discussion again. I said in my original post that the ONLY mission it expands into is a residential fire - neither of us said that was a glitch

Another thing in relation to this call has come to my attention - what the mission can expand in to.

Currently the smoke investigation can only expand into a residential fire (which will not occur for those who don't do the police side of things). Having a much wider range of possibilities is something that could be looked at.

Let's face it... Every report of smoke in the area does not turn into that one particular call. There are dozens of possible explanations! So having other possible expansions would be great, such as - roof fire, cafeteria fire, room fire, small/little field fire, garage fire etc etc.

Perhaps implementing this could be done at the same time the mission vehicle requirements are adjusted? ...open to discussion as always! :)

I see the new system starting to take shape. The A - E requirements are the opposite to what we have here in Australia (priority 1 - A would be most critical, and goes down as you progress through the alphabet - although we use numbers here). But I'll live as I know the United States do it as code 3 being more urgent than code 2 :thumbup:

Anyhow - what is the meaning behind the other parts of the code? The centre letter is obviously the important part, but what do the other two sections as such refer to?

This would be a good addition, despite me not using police... :whistling:

Although - police in the United States use their patrol cars the vast majority of the time as transport. Australia uses whatever is available, as they have a high number of paddy wagons - but generally patrol cars are closer. Not sure about the UK, mainland Europe etc.

So in summary... this would be cool to see added at some point 8)

Something bizarre I have noticed in relation to the use (or lack/the overuse) of police cars for missions - particularly those involving fire trucks. :huh:

Large fires like the recent scrapyard fire, or the commercial fire - these both require police cars to attend. Whereas missions like the gas station fire or dangerous goods truck accident lack such need for police cars. One would think you would require police cars to block off nearby roads (particularly for large fires resulting in high risk of public danger), but the game does not incorporate this for particular missions... Or simple missions like a road accident or vehicle fire in tunnel - often these still need a police car to help manage traffic etc. Yet that does not occur.

So my question is... Yes players want access to large missions resulting in substantial pay, but why have police cars at some missions and not others where they would typically be required? ?(

In saying that though - a large volume of players appear to avoid having police in their game altogether. This may be due to a number of reasons, but perhaps there could be a setting that says something like 'involve police in missions' - meaning yes or no to missions like the commercial fire to require police cars, based on if the player wishes to have that service in their world.

My overall thoughts are that this should definitely be looked at, but what do others think? Comment below!

The '...' pretty much summarises it up.

Missions like the burning motorbike have the chance of upgrading to a garage fire - which is understandable as the bike could quite possibly be parked in a garage.

But a tractor upgrading to a harvester? Like what the... How is that possible? I am sure people know the difference between a tractor and a harvester. I just wonder how a fire can upgrade like this. Does the tractor magically turn into a harvester? Or does the fire supposedly spread to a nearby harvester? - if that is the case, then it should expand into a 'farm machinery fire'.

If I am completely missing something here, then feel free to comment below. But as it stands... This mission certainly leaves me a little confused ?( ?(

Firstly, welcome. Good to see another Australian!

The departments/expansions are not required - although, if you send an ambulance to a hospital with the particular expansion that the patient states, you will gain extra credits :)

Setting a hospital POI will allow the game to spawn in calls for that specific location. Calls such as a hospital fire will be generated - as long as you have the required number of stations.

I have not known any fire trucks to hold more than 6 people. Although some American trucks may have more, unsure.

As for ambulances.. Never have I seen or heard of an ambulance with 3 paramedics. Fly cars - never seen more than 1 :huh: