Posts by wings203

Not a necessary feature in my view. Your first sentence had me thinking - 'hey isn't that already available as a staging area?'

While it has been brought up though... My city area has ambulance stations all over the place, so no need for 'ems patrols'. Do such patrols actually exist in other parts of the world? Would be interesting to know what cities/countries operate like that :thumbup:

The ambulance service in my state is a completely separate agency from fire services, hence my choice of having ems academies.

Although some ambulance stations are co-located with fire services, they still operate as different agencies - one of the fire academies also allows other agencies such as the ambulance service to use their training grounds if need be. But overall, I would like to see separate facilities introduced for medical training (as that is how it works for my local services) :thumbup:

I’ll be honest I’m not sure I really understand the need for this feature. All mass casualty incidents in game require other units either fire police. All the others are either small medical missions which have less than 4 patients and don’t require too many additional units (or non at all) or missions that require other types of units to be completed.

I just think there are more important updates than this and I personally can’t see the benefit.

Some valid points, completely agree with this. Like I said in my original reply to this thread - I find no benefit of having such a feature, as personally I don't see any missions it could actually be useful for?

I agree with all but point numbers 2 and 5 :P

Handing out a 'daily bonus' of that much just seems like an excessive amount. I personally don't think coins should be handed out in that large of a quantity, particularly day after day. Perhaps a once a month thing could work better? Or a fortnightly amount of 5 coins (every little bit counts right?)?

As for the quint and rescue engine access - you kind of explained it yourself. While they may be paying for membership, I think wiping out that ranking system as such for them simply shouldn't be done haha

So overall some good ideas, :) point 2 could just do with some tweaking!

Same as @TACRfan - I have all of my stations in exact locations, playing with full realism (unless unable to do so).

I started with the main city centre, and am working my way outwards. While doing so, I make sure that I have sufficient units in the area before expanding further outwards. Say for example I am constantly waiting on battalion chiefs... Instead of just building stations with engines, I look around and pick nearby stations which are home to a battalion chief. That way I can cover the missions in a more timely fashion :P

Based on what I constantly see mentioned when it comes to combining units - it is unlikely that a 'rescue ladder' will be introduced. While still a good idea, I think there are some other combination units that are more wanted :thumbup: But while they have been brought up, where are they primarily used?

As for prison buses... I think they have been brought up a couple times in the past, although not too sure on what the chances are of them actually being included. If at all possible, it would be cool to see it as a police unit for the game at some stage :)

Not yet available in the game. Latest news was that they're in development.

Also note that after some feedback they will actually be called 'urgent care centres' once available :)

How about renaming "Heavy Rescue" to "Equipment Rescue"

And naming the new one to "Technical Rescue"

Hmm... What would be the difference between the two?

Are there any countries/cities out there that have 'equipment rescue' units? Or is it simply your wording of things? :P

This has been discussed a few times in recent years... See here and here :)

Discussion pretty much pointed out that the unit wouldn't really be any different in game to the normal engine.

... I'd suggest just renaming one of your engines, or something along those lines

TBH, i'd go with the rather go with USAR, as the function is generally clearer, that said, we really shouldn't be getting bogged down with the term used, as long as the function is clear, then the principle of whatever id going in is fine.

Both terms are used here in Australia.

USAR is what we call our smaller units (SUV's/Battalion Chief type vehicles). Technical rescue has only recently been introduced into my state service - previously simply called 'rescue'. The heavy rescue unit in game pretty much covers the 'technical rescue' unit we have. Meanwhile the utility unit could easily enough represent our USAR units in my opinion, but some may think otherwise...

I agree with the points in the quote above - as long as the function is clear, then it should be fine :thumbup:

Our paid firefighters here are usually 1 or 2 per vehicle... :thumbup:

But in saying that - volunteers it's a different story. A lot of the battalion chiefs (called QRV's where I'm from) have room for 4+ people. These units are a little different to battalion chiefs in the United States though, as far as I can tell... QRV's are typically driven by anyone from the station, it doesn't have to be one of the people in charge from what I understand :D They also hold a small tank of water (approx 400L), and are useful for tight places where the larger trucks can't reach.

Like @me181 said - it shouldn't be a problem if this was implemented. Simply gives us more crew options!

Really liking the sound of some of these!

The 'brush trucks' as Americans(?) call them are the real standout feature to come in my opinion... :thumbsup: With my understanding of what they are, the state in which I am from has bucket after bucket (station after station? :P ) of these such vehicles. This is due to a large portion of the state in fact being large open grassed fields etc - a severe lack of built up metropolitan areas like other major cities/states.

Can't wait for these to be implemented! 8) Do we have an idea on a max crew capacity for them yet?

The reason the manhole fire sometimes doesn't need the battalion chief is because it's only needed (I think) 90% of the time.

I originally thought the same when I first saw this thread... :D

Although after some digging, that doesn't appear to be the case. Take the room fire for example - that has a 30% chance of requiring a platform truck (which it specifies under the 'possible missions' section) or a 70% chance of requiring hazmat for the gas station fire... Whereas it doesn't mention any percentages for the manhole fire.

I might be wrong, but that's what the mission details seem to suggest. More than happy to be corrected :P