Posts by wings203

This has been discussed previously, but I think it is worth bringing to attention again.

The current limit of just 1 person per helicopter is not good enough. I believe it should be changed to a minimum of 3, maximum 5. This then simulates the inclusion of a pilot, co-pilot, and any medical personnel in the rear.

Open to discussion as always, but hopefully others agree with my point of view on this... :D

In just one week, 911 Emergency Dispatch has expanded to include members in approximately 15 states - California, Florida, Alabama, Colorado, Massachusetts, Michigan, Tennessee, New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.

People with setups in any part of the United States are more than welcome to join however, that list does not limit you. Interested in joining?

Apply today!

I seem to recall reading this somewhere, but I can't be certain... :D

When I dispatch several ambulances to a mission that has say 8 patients, sometimes there are patients codes suggesting they can be treated by BLS. However, when I send both to the scene... Often the BLS sit there trying to help an ALS patient (when it can't), yet there are BLS patients waiting to be treated. So I then have to wait for the ALS to get round to the BLS patients.

With that occurring, sending BLS units on scene with ALS is more often than not rather useless. Is this a known bug, or can this be brought up with the relevant people?

Welcome to 911 Emergency Dispatch!

As you may have expected going by our name, we are based in the United States. If you live elsewhere but have a setup in the United States, then still feel free to join.

* please note - a minimum of 10,000 credits in earnings is required for acceptance. An understanding of the rules is necessary. We also require you to have your stations positioned realistically *

Members are currently situated in:
    California, Florida, Colorado, New York, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Texas, New Jersey, Ohio, Delaware, and Alaska.

We strive to let our members enjoy their time playing, while also having an aim for realism. Taking part in our frequently offered alliance missions is a great way to earn a few more credits, and to take a look at what other members have in their setup.

If you are someone who is looking for a fun, active, and entertaining alliance with friendly players and management... What are you waiting for?

Apply today!

Perhaps it is worth considering some changes - no members visible when not in the alliance, all members visible when in it.

If someone outside of the alliance wishes to contact someone in charge, then there can be a 'contact alliance admin' button for example. That message then gets sent to admin/founder, and only if and when they reply is when the outside person sees who it is :thumbup:

In the end, some change in coding would be required... However, I think it is worth it if it stops people from trying to recruit existing alliance members. It would also save moderator time by eliminating their need to investigate such incidents.

That's actually an interesting point that has been raised... Not sure if others would compare it this way, but it's like seeing an entire employee list of an organisation before being in it - which doesn't happen. Maybe something worth considering? :D

I feel as if this has been brought up in the past, however nothing was really clear...

In the mean time, I suggest you consider not transporting all your patients to a hospital. Yes they might request transport, but you technically don't actually need to transport them. There's only a 250 credit difference between the two :thumbsup:

With your new dispatch centre, try hitting 'edit' (on the main screen after selecting the dispatch centre) and enable 'create your own coverage area', then hit save. That should fix your issues - if they don't however, then please let me know :thumbup:

Those calls could happen in those places, just not as common. Otherwise, you could always use the 'marina' POI - plenty of boats there :D

Yes, there is a way to hire more people without using any form of payment!

Navigate to your station details page (where you can see the list of vehicles inside the station), and click 'hire new people' (towards the top left) - you can set it to hire people for the next 1/2/3 days. 1 new person is added to that station each day, but remember to click on that same button once the 1/2/3 days run out if you wish to hire more.

Station costs have been brought up many times in the past :D They increase once you have 25 stations to make sure that the player is still challenged by the game, otherwise it would simply be far too easy.

If I recall correctly, discussions have been brought up fairly recently regarding the way the patient system works. Although, I don't believe there was ever really any final solution. Things might change a bit now with the new owners, will have to wait and see... :)

As for the costs of hospitals - there are 2 hospital facilities in the game (1 normal hospital, 1 urgent care centre which you can have a couple ambulances stored at). The large hospital costs 200,000 credits, or 35 coins. The urgent care centre costs 100,000 credits, or 25 coins. Take note that you do not actually require a hospital for medical calls, you just need the ambulance stations. There is the option to simply let the patient go if you have no where to transport them - but for realism, this of course isn't ideal.

While I still remember, it's worth pointing out that it is recommended you start with fire services. They generally earn a lot more credits than ems or police. Once you have a 10 or so fire stations, then it's probably worth looking at the ambulances!

Hope that helps you... :thumbup:

Again, I'll try to answer the points you have raised :thumbsup:

1. The game requires permission for ambulances to transport so that the player can choose which hospital the patient is transported to. Sometimes people have certain ways of running things, or perhaps one hospital is nearly full so they would like the ambulance to go elsewhere!

2. Vehicle 'statuses' are shown next to the unit names in the radio section (bottom right of your screen). '1' is returning to station from a call, '2' is available at station, '3' is responding to a call, '4' is on scene at a call, '5' is transporting a patient, '6' is not available, out of service. Each different status is shown by a different colour too.

3. It is not possible for ambulances to get 'stuck' at hospitals in the game, although I would like to see that as a feature!

4. I see where you're coming from for nominating hospitals, but I think having to manually do it is better. Just my opinion though :)

5. Fly cars and ems rescues have BLS capabilities as far as I know, but I could be wrong. I don't think we will see that changed.

6. I believe this happens, but not completely sure. From memory I have seen BLS calls requesting an ALS unit instead. If it's not currently part of the game, I too would like to see that incorporated. Patient conditions can definitely worsen over time.

Hope those answers help too... 8)

I'll try to answer most of your questions... Let me know if you require any further explanation :thumbup:

1. Yes you can send fire units to medical related calls, but they will only treat the victim to a small amount - an ambulance is then required to complete and/or transport the patient. Once all necessary units are on scene, the mission will continue.

2. Each mission requires particular units, which can be seen on the 'possible missions' page in the bottom right of your screen. You can also view 'mission requirements' on each mission/call screen (also located in the bottom right). You could always send what your local service would, then it will tell you what you actually need once that unit arrives on scene.

3. In the vehicle purchase menu, it states what vehicles are needed at a particular number of stations - refer to this especially when you're first starting. Each new station you get should unlock a few more missions. The number of missions you get at one time relies on the service with the most stations +1 (so if you have 10 ambulance stations, you will receive a maximum 11 calls - 10 +1).

4. There is an option to finish a call with coins (received when levelling up in ranks, or through real money donations, events etc) - I wouldn't personally go using them all up. If you don't wish to spend these, the mission will automatically go away after 3 days I believe.

5. As I mentioned earlier, missions are unlocked based on what and how many stations you have. Refer to the 'possible missions' page.

6. Yes, lots of calls will generate at random places. Some calls require the player to place 'landmarks' (or POI's is what the game calls them).

7. At the start, there are a limited number of missions - but certainly more than just car and bin fires! As I said, different missions will become available once you get more stations built.

8. When buying a station, you generally have the option to select what 'starting vehicle' you have (you typically have a few options). Ambulance stations all start with ALS ambulances however, and police stations all start with a police car. And yes, you can buy all vehicles separately through the vehicle market (located on your station info page, towards the top).

Hope that provides enough help for now - enjoy the game :)

I agree with most of what both of you have said... 8)

The command/battalion units need looking at. I don't particularly like it when I have just a few command units, yet half my missions require one. That is a slow and painful process to be waiting every time for a command unit to free up.

I also like the sound of allowing a battalion chief to act as a command unit :thumbsup: Similarly to how I have suggested in the past with how to improve water tankers, perhaps make it so that 2 battalion chiefs can 'replace' 1 mobile command? I see that as a fairly simple and logical solution to these issues! What do others think?