Posts by Badgermedic

Rescue Ambulances in the UK could be the ambulance/control units that search and rescue teams use. Equally though, they could be industrial rescue/medical teams or motorsport rescue teams vehicles. I see a lot of hybrid rescue/medical units outside the NHS in the UK. Could fit in with peoples setups.

Was answered before saying that you can purchase all vehicles you get in ambulance station's.
    Also its 100000 credits cheaper to get an extension on the fire station instead of buying an ambulance station that is apart of the fire station anyway.

Depending on your location of your fire stations, it would be worth having fire stations with the ambulance expansion, while in other places (e.g. uk) they are only useful if the station is shared with mountain reacue or other services as ambulances aren't situated in the fire stations.

In Wales their heading towards Ambulances based at Fire Stations as 'Social Deployment Points' coming from an ambulance hub initially. There's a lot of it going on, especially in South East Wales.

I'm running my game across West wales with five hospitals where they should be. For some reason in the last two days, one of my hospitals isn't clearing. All my others that were near full on Tuesday night when i shut down for the evening cleared by Wednesday lunchtime when i was back on. It still hasn't cleared by now. Any ideas?

For those who are putting Mountain Rescue Bases in their setups, especially with the new EMS Rescue truck. Here's a Mountain Rescue Council of England and Wales and Lowland Rescue badge for your buildings.

Images

• MRC Badge.png
    • LR Badge.png

I can see it being used (by me at least) for my Coastguard Rescue Teams, Mountain Rescue Teams and for HART when i build their Welsh base (eventually). Lots of scope from one unit.

Has anyone done any UK Mountain Rescue Vehicles? Such as Land Rovers, both Defenders and Discoverys, Double Cab Pickups (as they seem to be going over to these) and Control Vehicles?

I've tried but can't get them as i want them.

EMS rescue should stay needing an ambo to transport and not be ALS, depending on the use. In the UK, HART are advanced paramedics, but have no transport capability. They are essentially just paramedics who drive fancy vehicles with rescue equipment in.

Bit of a derogatory statement. Yes they have 'fancy' vehicles and are often ridiculed by the 'normal' crews. They have advanced drugs and capabilities that normal road crews don't have. HART have a special skill set that supplements the normal NHS crews with water/rope/confined space training plus more. SORT (HART) in Scotland do all of the same but they do however have what are basically rescue ambulances with the ability to treat and transport in addition to the rest of their fleet of vehicles.

also since I am trying to go for realism with my departments I have a few questions with ems rescues. What reason would an EMS agency have to have a rescue role (traditionally a fire department task) and how do they define response jurisdiction with fire departments with a rescue truck close by, are there turf wars over this issue?)

In New South Wales Australia the NSW Ambulance had a full rescue capability for years. It was downgraded a bit but they still have Special Operations and Special Casualty Access Teams who do extrication, plus rope, water, etc. SCAT also provide the paramedics to the rescue helicopters.

What are HMCG Rescue Stations?

British Coastguard Rescue Service Stations. Teams of 10-12 staff based around the coast. Trained in rope, water, mud rescues and missing persons search. (I was one for 13 years). I had been building using small fire stations but might go over to ambo stations with a EMS Rescue unit instead

HEMS Flycar?,could see it being something they might add as in the US They have Flycars for Lifeflight i belive, I Could also see a Detective unit being added to deal with lets say a "Murder call" to investigate it and then maybe progress to a manhunt?

We have HEMS 'fly cars' in Uk. Usually Critical Care Cars carrying a CC Paramedic and Doctor team. Most Air Ambulance units now have them.

This is a completely different bug. It's when you dispatch a huge 'clump' of units at the same time, the game doesn't know what to do, so sends them in a straight line.

All the other units i sent went the correct way down the road. Only the batt. chief on the way there and the ambulances when transporting did something different.

I had a bizarre one the other day. Big fire at a power station in Pembroke, West Wales. Batt Chief attended from the station across the water by going in a direct line rather than the roads that everything else used. Strangely, when loaded ambulances left, they did the same, but everything else went back on the roads.