Posts by leutmatho

EDIT:

Also instead of an upgrade "slot" type system, I think it would be better to be based on money atleast for the main and required components of the truck, for special equipment I understand the thought process of using slots so that a player cannot create a truck that is capable of all types of calls. Things like pump volume, tank capacity, ect that are required components of the truck should be more expensive to buy for better options but not use a upgrade slot.

basically what i was thinking is you get the vechile what comes with doent take an upgrade slot the apgrade slots are for additional equipment so you want to make a rescue engine so you buy a basic type 1 that comes with 4 upgrade slots it would be like this
    Rescue engine
    comes with a pump, water tank small, fire fighting equipment basic, than you can add 4 additional things so for a rescue engine you would add
    Slot 1-Basic rescue
    Slot 2-technical rescue
    Slot 3 and 4-vechile rescue

So you get the basic things to classify it as say a engine then you can add additional things to make it a rescue engine or paramedic engine ect

this is the list i will have up in the next 48 hours

Trailers hazmat mobile command heavy rescue HVP (me) to complete
    Ambulance rescue or squad (me) to complete
    Fly car(me) to complete
    Ambulance(me) to complete
    Police car(me) to complete
    SWAT Truck(me) to complete
    Training(me) to complete
    Maintenance building(TACRfan) to elaborate
    Quint platform basic command(Hillis) receive more opinions
    One time vehicle upgrade spot (me) more opinions
    Presets(me) to complete
    More Upgrades(ME) to complete and more opinions
    Add units NOT in game but requested on forums(me) to complete

thanks for your input guys i will be posting a redo of the chart adding police and ambulance units and some units not added in the game

I like the idea and the chart. Just wondering why the quint and platform do not have basic command?

due to space restrictions on these units i know here in aus we have a larger style brittish lader and yhere are only 2 or 3 quints here in america they might have that.

I like this idea!!

thanks i know there are alot of departments that have trailers like this due to buget and staffing problems

It might be nice to have a new building that we can build for 500K that would reduce the prices of the upgrades, it could be a work shop

i like the idea the way i see it is you buy the vechile and it comes with the basic so almost what it is know and the only thing you can change when buying it is off road or not and then depending on the unit one some other things and then any upgrades after that would cost between 1,000 credits and 30,000 credits plus the training of staff

Please continue to share your thoughts and ideas i am compiling these ideas and i will make changes to the table

another thing could be a trailer that needs a utility or Battalion to use it and you could make it mobile command mobile air hazmat heavy rescue and high volume pump so when you buy it you make it a certain type

units Upgrade slots Additional
    Firefighting
    Equipment
    (1 slot)
    Pump
    (1 slot)
    Water Tank Small
    (1 Slot)
    High volume pump
    (2 slots)
    Foam
    (2 Slots)
    Hose Tender
    (1 or 2 slots)
    Basic Command
    (1 slot)
    Basic Rescue
    (1 slot)
    Technical
    Rescue
    (1 Slot)
    Basic HAZMAT
    (1 Slot)
    Vehicle Rescue
    (1 or 2 Slots)
    Type 1 3 or 4 YES Comes With Comes With YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    Type 2 2, 3 or 4 YES Comes With Comes With YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    Quint 2 or 3 YES Comes With Comes With YES YES NO NO YES YES YES YES
    Battalion 1(limited) NO NO NO NO NO NO YES Maybe YES YES NO
    Platform 1 or 2 YES YES YES, IF PUMP NO YES NO NO YES YES YES Maybe
    Heavy rescue 3 or 4 YES YES YES, IF PUMP NO YES, IF PUMP NO YES Comes With YES YES Comes With
    Mobile air 1(limited) NO NO NO NO NO NO YES NO NO YES NO
    Water tanker 1 or 2 YES Comes With Comes with Large Tank YES YES YES NO Maybe Maybe YES Maybe
    Utility 1, 2 or 3 YES NO NO NO YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    Hazmat 1 or 2 YES YES YES,IF PUMP NO YES NO YES YES YES Comes With Maybe
    MCV 0 or 1 (limited) NO NO NO NO NO NO Comes With NO NO NO NO

paramedic squads known as ambulance rescue here they are not used for fire related calls they are more like a technical rescue unit used for trench rescues SAR USAR vechile rescue ECT they are also used here like what you guys do in America where you have a engine go to a medical our fire and EMS are seperate so even though fire fighters are medical trained they dont go to a asthma attack or broken bones because of the small amount of fire units and last but not least we dont have to build a fire station with a ambulance wing just to get that capability so instead of coasting 200 plus credits for one unit it will only make it 100 credits

i think an upgrade system like hospitals would work well
    so there is a list of upgrades that you can choose from but you only have a limited amount of slots
    example a type 1 has 3 or 4 upgrade slots it comes with a pump and a small water tank you then can you fill you upgrade slots
    so you could have a rescue based fire engine so you would choose Basic Rescue (1 slot)(removal of trees) Basic HAZMAT (1 Slot)(reduces the hazmat Requirement) Vehicle Rescue (1 or 2 Slots)(Replaces Heavy rescue at car related calls) and one other
    im making a table for it so give me an hour and it will be up

I believe it is the response times and speeds so for example you dont need a cop car and fire truck respond code 3 lights and sirens to a tree on a path you would send them code 2 lights only safe speeds or code 1 normal driving similar to this thread Code 3 response

where i am swat or police special operations patrols in vehicles with there kit in the back and respond to normal calls then when there is swat situation that requires a swat vechile the bear cat as seen above is driven by swat members from a station with things like command vechiles ect

plus the other thing to look at is unlike Britain and australia in America it is easy to get a firearm and a lot more people have them so more calls will involve a firearm there and less in the other two