Posts by leutmatho

it all depends on the areas alarm response regulations and standard operating procedures i know here in australia it has a resnebly high response size expecially after recent and fatal nursing home fires

uints get put on standby for multiple reasons for example
    when a full time unit is on a large call the volunteer fire brigade gets a page to respond to station for standby to reduce response time by like 5 minutes
    When there is a major event that may cause problems to standard response procedures
    When there is a large scsle bush fire strike team is on standby at station to provide quick response in a mayday situation or when the fire alarm upgrade is set it makes the response faster.
    The uk normally sends i unit to a call and some units get put on stanby (from what I'vebeen told)

Thats just some of the reasons why units get put on standby.

its a great idea i know units on standby gappens quite alot innaus due to the high amount of volunteer fire units that have a 3-15 minute what till it leaves the station so elevating that what would be good

could we get a section in the board that puts recent news from both the game abd community stand point it would be stuck to the top if the page and that way oeople are looking in the same place for news plus uou would get immediate feed back from the people that came up with the idea to begin with

we all meet up once a week anyway so the good old thumb drive pass around happens
    Plus we need to maje a way that you can share more than just the standard amount of images because here in aus we have way more agencies that use similar equipment like we have at least 5 agencies use heavy rescues: police fire ambulance SES rural fire service

i know both the NSW Fire Rescue and ACT fire brigade use them

The ACT has

• Breathing Apparatus Support (BAS)
    • Breathing Apparatus Accountability & Command (CMD)
    • General Purpose (GP)
    • Mass Decontamination Support (MDS)
    • Rapid Decontamination Support (RDS)
    • Rehabilitation (RHB)
    • Salvage & Ventilation (S/V)
    • Technical Rescue Support (TRS)
    • Tilt Tray (TT)
    • Urban Search & Rescue 1 (USAR1)
    • Urban Search & Rescue 2 (USAR2)
    • Welfare Support (WFS)

I cant find anything for NSW Fire Rescue
    I do know it has a pod system plus a semi truck and trailer usar unit

Love the idea heres my thoughts on it though
    The station
    Make the station 400k or 500k(300k seems a bit low)
    Not all units bound to the airport(here in aus if the airport units are the only ones available close by they go to it http://www.dailytelegraph.com.…46d8fa533b8a180c630ee4e06there have been tines were crash trucks have responded to nerby areas for fires or car crashes)

units
    i think instead of having the domestic appliance it should be a type 1 or type 2 engine or have all three
    Add quint (most airport units in aus even the engines have turrets like crash trucks)
    You should add a rescue truck plus rescue engine when added
    Or instead of the ones above have an airpot engine which covers all three ass a coin purchase
    Add the Brush rig when added(many airpots have these unuts because getting a large crash truck through dense bush they use a brush truck)
    The airport crash trucks and engines are foam tenders(it is generally law in most countries for airpot unuts to carry foam)
    Water tankers arnt really a thing in airports due to the amount of hydrants(for structure calls your close to hydrants and normally aircraft fires are out before the tanks are empty due to the quick response time(longest response time 5min) and effectiveness off the techniques and equipment)
    Add mobile command vehicle (many airpots have these)
    Add utility unit(normal airportfire stations have at least 1)

Calls
    Add normal units to the calls(normal out of airport fire teams are normally sent to many calls as part if standard procedures especially automatic fire alarms)
    Increase the amount of units per call (here in aus it is required that a crash truck goes to every gire related call with exception to some military bases)
    Add Battalion unit to every call (i always see the Battalion car go to every car at the local navy airbase)
    Add stair unit to all large aircraft (at least 50% to 75% chance need)
    Make small and large aircraft(not all aircraft require the same units airports that only have small aircraft only have 3 or 4 units)
    Make a military aircraft call (has calls like medical/small fires/accidental discharge/crash alarm/hot refueling)
    Helicopter poi (has calls like rotor accident/medical ect)
    Add airshow event(like the sports events but requires airport units ambulance and police

Thats just my 2 bobs worth

depends it would be classified as a AFA automatic fire alarm and they normally have higher response regulations than normal buildings