Posts by Pappy

I am slowly building up FDNY with accurate firehouse locations and accurate units in the stations, and accurate responses to events. To make the game work I need to use some units from real life as different in the game.
    Engine = Engine
    Ladder = Quint, only to get the 6 person staffing, never send them as an Engine
    Battalion = Battalion
    Squad = Rescue Pumper
    Rescue = Heavy Rescue, slowly switching over to Rescue + boat
    RAC = Air unit
    Mask Service = Air unit
    High Rise Unit = Tanker
    Satellite = Tanker
    MCC = Type 2 engine
    Division = MCV
    Field Comm = MCV
    Squad 2nd Piece = Hazmat
    Hazmat = Hazmat
    BFU = Type 2 engine

I didn't feel like I got missions that I couldn't handle due to many firehouses with less resources opposed to less with more.

FDNY SSL have a second vehicle to bring when they are operating as the SOC Support Ladder. However they are only used for major events such as technical rescue jobs they aren't used for things like vehicle extrication. However FDNY and most US Ladder companies have extrication equipment as most US FDs only have a couple true heavy rescues

You can have one dispatch centre for every 25 stations, and an additional one when you start. They're player buildings so have no purpose as alliance buildings.

The reason I asked was for realism. One dept might have the dispatch centre for many different depts. Also when building alliance hospitals in other cities it would be nice to be able to assign them to that cities dispatch centre.

Patrol cars I use Precinct # and then Alphabet as I think they do in real life ex 20A 1C 7B. For K9 I have one per ESU Station so ESU Truck 1 has K9 1 and ESU 2 has K9 2.

I am still building out my NYPD and FDNY

I use an armored personal carrier in game for the large ESU truck and they are not allowed less then 6 people (in game) so thats what my ESU trucks have
    I have 2 personal in the REP which in game I use the SWAT SUV

Currently I have ESU 1 and ESU 2, as their own precincts (as I think they are in real life) next door the the precinct they are with

Currently each ESU house has 1 ESU truck,3 REP, and 1 K9 they will grow as I grow in the game

My other NYPD Precincts have 3 patrol cars and I add 1 SGT (sheriff unit in game) and 1 Anti-Crime unit (patrol car in game, unmarked car graphic) as I expand

I also have NYPD Highway 1 which I use to patrol the highway and it currently has 3 patrol cars.

I send ESU to the game missions its required for if it is 6 or less I use the REP's if it is more then 6 I use the 3 REP and 1 ESU truck. For the missions that require 18 I send 6 REP and 1 Truck

I also send ESU to FDNY events as they do in real life, MVC with Entrapment, Construction Vehicle, Bus, Minor Collapses I send 1 REP, for Major collapses I send 2 REP and 1 ESU truck.

Person with a Weapon I send 1 REP

I do not have any of the transit set up nor do I know anything about that so I can't help there.

I started my NYC with FDNY as started with Engine 1 and grew from there, currently I have all the Engines and Ladders for Manhattan and the Bronx and I am just starting Staten Island. I have all Manhattan Battalion Chiefs and Division Chiefs as well as the Manhattan Borough Commander. I still need some Battalions in the Bronx (have up to Battalion 20). As for NYPD I am up to the 20th Precinct with NYPD Highway 1 and ESU 1 & 2. EMS I have many stations built both the FDNY and the Voluntary units.

I know you didnt ask me but for naming my FDNY stations I call them what they are called in real life which is just the units that are there

Engine XX
    Ladder XX
    Rescue X
    Marine X
    Squad XX
    Engine XX Ladder XX
    Engine XX Ladder XX BattalionXX/Division XX

Anything else feel free to ask, I love this game and I am a big FDNY buff trying to make everything as real as possible.

I also have an account in the Edmonton Metro Area

I too build a separate police station for the ESU units at the precinct.

I use Armoured vehicle for the large ESU rig and I use swat SUV with only 2 members for the REP, eventually I will have the "A Team" in a true armoured vehicle. I also have K9 out of the ESU stations. I am also building FDNY so I also assign ESU to major calls that FDNY responds to like collapses

OK but many coastal fire departments have a marine unit. The marine unit has a quarters which is often referred to as a firehouse, sometimes the firehouse also houses land units, sometimes not. But that quarters of the marine unit should be able to house different types of boats. Just like a land firehouse can have Engines and Ladders, Marine firehouses should be able to have Fire boats and Rescue boats

Is there a reason that fireboats and rescue boats need their own firehouse? Can why not be able to expand one house to have the other?

Lacombe Fire Department - 7 years - Firefighter, Lieutenant, left for awhile, came back as a firefighter
    Edmonton Fire Department - 8 years - Firefighter

In Alberta

I could be doing something wrong but I have created a group such as a special unit with a second piece for hazmat.

I have Squad 19
    Its a rescue engine that I want to respond as such
    I have a "second piece" with it that I want to respond as a hazmat unit, but I do not want the hazmat unit to respond alone
    I can individually click on the AAR for "Squad 19 2nd" to send it out
    I cannot add it to respond to as part of a hazmat response with engines and ladders and BCs and my hazmat unit.
    Currently I can assign it as its own category and respond only as that but that won't make it respond with the parent company

So if my AAR that I custom make sends 1 Squad and 1 Squad 2nd piece it could select one from each company for example it could select Squad 19 and Squad 14 2nd piece. I am wishing there was a way that they could be selected to respond as a group when needed as such.

Sorry if I am not explaining this in depth enough, if not PM me and I can try to explain in more detail. If it is too much hassle to do then don't worry about it, like I have stated before I am just trying to make it as real as possible to some real life fire departments I know of.