Posts by Barake

A majority of my missions today were in the rural counties I cover. The patient played the lottery if they got an ambulance. If they were lucky it would arrive in 5 minutes or less. Bad news, it was a 20 - 30 minute ride to the hospital. Living in the country has it's benefits, but you might have problems with fire/rescue. I have two hazmat calls. It took 30 minutes for the trucks to get to the scene.

What ever the algorithm is that the game uses to determine calls, it hated me today. :rolleyes:

Got my first mission tonight. Simple one, 4 cops, 4 feds, 1 Sheriff. I didn't have a sheriff with in 50 miles so I bought one. 15k for the unit plus coins for training. I also needed 1 fed so add in another 10k. I already had the cost for 3 feds (30K). Payout 981. Guys, the cost to build the Fed building, and at least 4 cars is bit high. Since I only have one Fed building covering 1 major city the pay outs will not cover the investment for years. Even if you only count the cost of the units themselves, not a good deal as it stands.

I would actually I’d prefer the opposite. I would like to add units like SWAT and patrol cars to the new FBI building. In my closer areas they have SWAT bearcats and I am quite sure of, many, many patrol units within the organization as well. The FBI doesn't just own specialty Vehicles, they own many other units as well.

Also, I would just rename an FBI station if your jurisdiction has a FBI unit which, I know there are quite a few of those. Adding regular units into the FBI station will also make that way better.

I would like to see the HRT unit added for hostage and kidnapping missions. Not sure what you mean by patrol cars.

Sounds good, I know the JFRD has a cross trained paramedic on all the engines and it is not unusual to see the engine go out with the rescue truck. Seeing some of the ambulance missions expand would not be bad either.

I would like to be able to move special trained personel to stations that require them. I ran into a problem where I trained up guys for the new wildfire planes at a training base but since it was not a firefighting plane station I can't move them out even to a plane station.

A little friendly advice, if you stick too closely to reality you will find yourself in trouble trying to answer calls. Sometimes you have to take a little artistic licence at what is at a station. For example, many of the VFD and county stations park some equipment outside or under a metal garage, tankers and wildfire trucks the most. So you will have to add stalls at your station to include them. The important thing to remember, its not a simulation and depending what your goals are feel free to be flexible. I still put my stations where they should but the equipment is not 100% accurate.

I would like to build on what Tyler9117 hit on. If we present a problem, we should suggest a solution. Well here is mine.
    I suggest you have to have at least 8 police stations along with the requirement to be captain in grade.. Then I would rewrite the missions and have the FBI involved in certain ones along with some just for the FBI. For the FBI only they would be simple just a car or two maybe investigation type missions. 250 to 500 credit range. The joint FBI/police missions would be bank robberies, kidnapping, terrorist atck and I would modify the new FBI missions to require more police stations and less FBI.

I know this game comes out of Europe, but the whole Federal police is going to be tough to put into practice here. The as I said in my last post the FBI are the federal police here in the US and unless you are a large city or a city that has a need for an FBI office it just isn't that common. Even if you role play the homeland security and marshal service they tend to be in the same building. I have looked around and I have not found anything from the devs about the federal police, can somebody point me in the right direction?

With the advent of the wild fire, its time to make a wildfire alliance event. It would just be a string of wildfire (all sizes) and throw in a structure for added color. Also using all the other rural style fires that are already included. The regular wildfires seems to come up rarely and this will allow use for all the new toys the dev's added for us. 8)