Posts by Barake

Types 1. 2 and 2 usually carry 500 gallons of water. They can also act as a water shuttle for wild land fire and should be counted like the water tankers as having water carrying capacity. Type 1, 2, and 3 water capacity should aslo be counted for other missions like large field fires, etc.

I think the "regular" missions that are field fires, hay bale fires. anything not structures, vehicles, etc, should allow wildfire trucks to handle them.

I see what your saying, never thought of it as counting people so much is having enough personnel there via the crew carriers and either lots of small trucks or a mix bag. This way you could have the city trucks help out since they won't count towards the engine count but the people count.

I ran into my second major wildfire and had an interesting problem. Too much water. It made me think what do they really need when dealing with major wildfires, people and water. My suggestion is set the requirements in dealing with the wildfire missions to people and water. For example, the major wild fire requires 8 tanker and 8 wildfire trucks. You will easily exceed the water requirement and in theory you could use the pickup truck style wildfire trucks and fight the fire to conclusion. What if the requirement was (insert water amount) + (insert number of required firefighters) + battalion chiefs and command posts. I think this would bring a better feel to mission than it has now. Of course the engines would have to be wildfire trucks but now the crew carrier has a real need. Not to mention the Heavy water tanker flying across the county is worth the wait along with the helo's.

Just a thought, have a safe weekend!

So today I finally got a "new" wildfire call. Thought it was great that getting X gallons of water to the scene was just as important as the equipment. Thanks to the Devs for the improvements they keep giving us. This call though brought up a couple of questions;

1) How do POI's really work? I have forest POI's all over the region and the fire showed up where there wasn't a forest POI with in 50 miles of the fire. I also have the boxed checked to use my POI's and not the default. So what is the deal with POI?

2) disregard this question, I answered while I was typing. :D :D :D

I think an alternative would be create wildfire stations or even better rural stations. In my county alone you have two very different stations. The urban stations while some are pretty small in size and don't have a rescue truck assigned, the rural stations tend to be anything from a garage to a small steel building with a tanker or two and a old army truck with a hose reel and tank and perhaps an engine. I have always felt this game was designed for urban environments and it shows. Not a hit against the game but as it grew here in the US for example things just didn't fit too well. There are some county's that have stations that would rival a major city then there are those that have an old garage with the tanker and converted 5 ton truck outside and the used engine in the garage. Instead of adding an extension to large stations, have a wildfire/urban station that is restricted in it's size and use of extensions.

The problem with combo units was always them being too over powered, hence why the previous dev was against them. However I do think there is a case for units like this so I’m sure it can be added to the list

TACRfan, this phrase, "being too overpowered" always makes me scratch my head. This is not a pvp game so why the concern? How in a game like this is something overpowered? Here in Jacksonville, JFRD has some strange combo trucks that I din't see how they could be coded, but overpowered?

Thanks to the Admins and Devs for getting the small station upgrade with coins added to the game.

Actually I like your suggestion, here in Jacksonville and I think through out the state, there are "trauma" hospitals that are designated and equipped to receive mass casualty's and the other hospitals would take up the regular calls that would normally go to that hospital. Perhaps a combination of your suggestion and that of Charlieaa would work. Designate a city or county hospital as a trauma hospital allowing a hospital, when a mass casualty event occurs, to increase capacity temporally. To do this would require having enough stations to trigger X amount of patients thus allowing the "upgrade" to the hospital.

Not that I am aware of when it comes to transfers. Moving apparatus to a staging area is a different set of rules and you can interact with the units then.

I have a question about this; I have 22 counties covered in NE Florida, recently I put each county under it's own 911 center to stop calls that they couldn't handle. My question is should I edit them like you suggested TACRfan and would that also help limit the calls to area's that don't the stations that should trigger the calls?

I would like to expand on this question, I have 22 counties covered in NE Florida. Recently I assigned a 911 center to each county to stop crazy calls from happening in the rural counties that can't handle them. It seems to work most of the time, should I also use that edit function to better ensure I don't get calls they can't handle? Also does doing this mean when I go to dispatch I won't see the neighboring counties equipment anymore?

Thanks