Posts by Jason

Does it not take into effect speed limits on OSM? I play in a rural area and it seems when my deputies need to get from one town to another it seems to be at about speed limit (65-70 mph). Granted... In real life they tpically push 90 to 100... Lol

Edit: I ask this because I'm curious to know whether adding a 55mph speed limit on the gravel roads would be beneficial or not.

Delay in getting back to you @thatoneiowan - Sebastian confirmed the OSM speed limit DOES influence the vehicle speed. Not necessarily a 1:1 factor though, the calculations a bit different. So yes, adding speed limits to your roads (especially if they're faster roads) should see a improvement.

Of course do ensure they're correct as OSM push for accuracy. I know someone before made an edit on OSM to make something easier in their game that wasn't entirely correct and lost their OSM editing access.

I would surely think the issue with a medical transport combined with an engine is that an engine could be required on a job for hours, however a patient requiring to go to hospital will require this almost straight away.

"Just lay back here and get comfy, as soon as the building fire's gone out and cooled down we'll be on your way in a few hours or so. If you could also keep breathing that'll be great."

I guess in regards to OP's suggestion, we're looking at a fly car combination with an ambulance (because it doesn't transport). However, patients will be treated a certain % by engines anyway and a fly car just does more % than a fire engine. So either way you're gonna need an ambulance at some point.

Granted it's not entirely clear, but anything that's not a fire usually can be resolved by a heavy rescue or utility truck if it is a simple call. I think the only exemption is the person under a tree, which is 1 firetruck and then 1 ambulance once the tree has been removed.

I don't think this is something that needs urgently looking at. As Gavin said, it would involve a cost to do any work to decrease the size of a station. Decreasing a stations level offers you no benefit other than it becoming smaller. You can choose not to use the available garage spaces currently.

There will be no refund in decreasing the size of a building.

To cover in brief to what the thread mentions;

- Mass Casualty; Sebastian is not interested in this idea in essence it can make the game too easy. You have a big incident going on that puts a challenge on your resources. This is what the game is all about, the challenge at managing your resources. If you can send a unit that can deal with the majority of patients in one click.. is that really fun? Where is the challenge in that?

- Advanced Paramedic/Doctor Cars/Fly Cars to Complete Calls - In essence I can see everyone's point. At the moment an Ambulance can complete a call and then it's a certain % chance it requires transport. Certain calls have a low chance (so more often is treated at scene only), others are 100% chance thus will always go to hospital. A Fly car will treat to a certain amount on all incidents, but the decision to transport isn't made until the treatment is fully complete (which only happens when an ambulance finishes the call). We've brought it up when the fly car originally came out with Sebastian if a fly car can treat 100% and then if transport required, it will require an ambulance however I can't recall his comment. Obviously it wasn't a yes. I imagine this is what everyone wants to see. Low injury incidents being attended by fly cars only, and an ambulance only being required if transport is required.

I like the idea in adding such feature, to allow for some more customisation. However, it's not clear to me how it would change game play. What gets added to functionality of other features based on rank etc?

I don't see his comment as rude. If they don't agree with it, they're entitled to say why.

I do agree in some respect this is quite a change for a browser based and mobile application game. There won't be any plans to add such addition currently. Of course as time goes on we can look into that, or at least seeing if calls can be made more dynamic than what they already are. However, there are limitations in that.

A call I had in real life involved one of the heaviest people in the UK passing away at home.

They used a crane borrowed from the zoo usually used to move sedated elephants to get him out. His window was removed too. It was certaintly resource intensive.

A minute to travel 0.35 miles is an average speed around 20mph. I don’t see that being a realistic emergency response speed.

The speed cannot be changed as it’s what’s calculated from the routing system. Usually people complain it’s too slow though. It’s a first to see someone want it slower!

MissiomChief involves managing resources as an emergency response.
    Rehabilitation is not managed via an emergency service so not something we will consider at this time.

Your suggestion is no ideas get done on the presumption that Sebastian doesn't want to.
    To some degree, yes. He doesn't always like ideas. Very often he will go against his own thoughts because we push that something everybody wants. Othertimes, he won't do it.

Mass casualty is something we proposed and he declined. His concern was it made the game too easy for his liking. He doesn't agree to every idea and we accept that and propose something else.

Sebastian does this alongside being a father and volunteer fire fighter, so there's not a lot of time to spend doing things. Additionally he doesn't want updates rushed in otherwise you'll run out of things to suggest and add.

The OP has asked the question and got a reply. If you want to discuss further you can open a new thread or PM me or another of the community team.