Posts by Jason

Let us know if it happens again, it maybe a 1 in a million glitch that got through. I personally don't really pay much attention to crew numbers on deployed vehicles so maybe missed.

An error would normally prevent it being sent out.

They're .APNG which isn't supported in all browsers, but will work in most updated ones.
    They will still alternate for now though so it will alternate 50/50 between animated picture and normal.

Sebastian may implement a way to fully use the animated image only but hasn't given a timeframe.

Interesting that it's showing 0 crew when on route. Is this a regular thing for you?

I know autonomous cars are quickly becoming a thing around the world but I don't think MissionChief is ready for that yet!

Do you have a graphics pack enabled? Having one wil remove the option.

If that isn't it, can you confirm what you're using to access MC? (Mobile browser, iOS app, droid app etc).

Thanks.

I like the idea but Sebastian wouldn't be too keen on it. He likes updates to regularly come out in 'little and often' amounts; doing this would see the end of any future updates.

Additionally he doesn't like dual role vehicles as he finds these just make the game too easy, meaning we've had to push quite hard for the ones we do have. So I do see his point as well.

We've been weighing up how we can propose this with a meet in the middle compromise but not progressed too far currently.

It's most likely a poi set by someone else. If projected missions aren't your thing you can disable them in your dispatch centre settings.

In the UK Officers would love to do an 8 hour shift haha. 12-16 hours isn't uncommon on a regular day. 10 if they're lucky.

Sebastian didn't like the idea of cars just randomly patrolling. I see your point but he wanted it so the player had control of where they went.

You create your own one at the bottom of the graphics pack page.

If you wish to use graphics from another graphics pack, you need to contact the author for permission to reproduce the images into a new pack.

Additionally, we're not aware of any other mapping software that is free or cheap to use beyond OSM. Most require expensive licencing as you highlighted in your post isn't a financially viable option for us.

As Gavin stated though, you can make OSM more accurate by making edits yourself to the map (with the O for Open referring to it being open for editing). https://www.openstreetmap.org is where you need to look. Your first edits need verifying so won't display straight away but my edits were usually active in 24 hours.

That is another issue with the routing system that Sebastian states is out of our hands.

Ultimately, we're asking the routing system for the best route to a location OR randomly generate a job on a route. As a ferry is a means of getting from A to B it plots missions here and uses it for a route. It shouldn't be any slower using them - as in, if using it to drive it should use a normal driving speed.

All the routing system provides in return is waypoint coordinates (example [[10,5],[15,6],[11,19][4,8]]) or a single coordinate ([4,5]) for a mission (but in a bit of a funky way), for example. Therefore we cannot validate it, as in checking "Is this waypoint on a ferry route?"

The alternative is use a better routing system but these cost money. A lot of money. If you consider each time we query a vehicles travelling time by opening your mission window MC makes a huge number of requests. This would be quite unsustainable as a free to play game.

If you want to see the routing system, this is ultimately what it is; https://www.leitstellenspiel.d…81&loc=51.146495,0.883670

You give it a start point and end point and you get;

JavaScript
    {"status":200,"hint_data":{"locations":["nqcUAKUiFwAAAAAACAAAAA4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAP_____aoAAA3XYMA_NJDQAAAAEB","kHEGB5dxBgcAAAAAVAAAAAoAAAAAAAAAdgAAAL4N7wXaoAAAW28MA2B8DQAAAAEB"],"checksum":3718332330},"route_name":["",""],"status_message":"Found route between points","route_geometry":"ylzp`Be~ct@lAqFo_@oZkR{O{E_InF_q@bBwVnA{Of@{ErDcGjCgTf@sIbBoKbBoU{@kp@f@kHf@sDsD{@sScG{^oKgJ{E_NsDcBS_DsDcGwBRsDS{ER{EnFcj@fEg^~Mc~@vLod@jMod@~CwLbBkH~H{YrDwLjMgY?oFbBgEvBg@nA{EjC_DjHsIj\\ka@fEoF~RkWzJoPjMbVrDzThe@{_A","via_indices":[0,50],"via_points":[[51.148509,0.870899],[51.146587,0.883808]],"found_alternative":false,"route_summary":{"total_distance":1375,"total_time":104,"end_point":"","start_point":""}}

Obviously very confusing haha.

I use the application about 95% of the time and never noticed the issue, but then again I don't often use the map so I will pay attention to this.

To confirm, markers appear for jobs that you have you on your list. The mission is completed, and clears from the mission list but the map marker remains? Is that right?

The PayPal payment gateway should work regardless of language. When you are transferred to PayPal it should default to English, unless you have logged in already at some point then it would remember your language settings.

If you could explain or perhaps post screenshots (editing out any personal information) that would be appreciated.

As a player in the UK using a realistic setup I do get your frustration. Although I don't start struggling until 20-30 missions down the line.

Ultimately I make use of pre-deploying units to jobs so they attend straight after their last one. If you work it out properly so units aren't travelling over the county you can pretty much deploy every unit twice before having to wait.

As discussed before Sebastian does not see a 4th game a financially viable option. He works flat out to manage this game amongst the others and often we see people complain that updates take a while to appear; with that in mind what is the expectations of him to setup and manage an additional game and manage the content there too? The idea just seems quite unrealistic there but has been discussed with Sebastian before.

The idea of having a better choice over your calls is something we've discussed in the community team and would take some time to implement on Sebastian's side of things; however, I am unsure if it's something he will want to consider or put a timeframe on doing unfortunately.

I do not see the requirement as the age of persons in game is not relevant and that is not likely to change.

Create a police station with no police cars, expand police cells, name it whatever you want.

It's an intermittent issue, which is caused when a route is not supplied to the game within a short period of time.

This can happen if the routing server is slow, or there's an internet issue between the two. The longer the route it might need to take the more likely it'll happen if there is an issue.

There's no real fix for it. If it's happening a lot to others too we can get Sebastian to investigate it.

Both of those provide push notifications. I use Prowl (for iOS); the other one obviously being for Android devices. It's not formally supported but it does work, hence the translations aren't implemented. They're not in our translation system so I can't change them, unfortunately.

For those wondering what it is.. In essence you get a push notification to your phone (and browser if you set that up) when a large scale alliance mission is started.

Prowl - https://www.prowlapp.com
    NMA - http://www.notifymyandroid.com

What each one will do is provide an API Key unique to your account with Prowl/NMA. You copy and paste it in the relevant box in your MissionChief account and it'll feed notifications through to your phone. It is only the large missions (ie storm) and the other large scale missions you get notifications for at the moment and I don't know if Sebastian plans on expanding on it (it's remained in this state for many months).