Posts by Jason

Open this page (normally found as Possible Missions in the bottom right of your game window) while logged into MissionChief. Any mission highlighted green you will get. If it's not green you are not meeting the requirements in the column specified.

If you still feel there is a bug let us know :)

Would a SWAT unit treat a patient completely?

You'll find a SWAT unit treats the patient until an ambulance arrives.

Not sure where you're at so very likely it is done different, but PD goes to all crashes if dispatch is notified of them in Iowa... Especially for property damage only calls. They have to do their report and if on public road they would need to figure out who is at fault.
    Also... I work at the DOT in traffic management and know that Claims gets upset if they don't get their case number if someone hits state property ;)

EDIT: I'd also like to add that not requiring it for the game would be nice, typically one of my town's officers is on a call when I have to trip fire somewhere else and my deputy is much further out... lol. Also helpful for newer players or those who don't want to build up PD (similar to me... not interested in building up my FD, just have 4 stations and don't plan to add any more)

Interesting. It's a UK thing I imagine. Everyone pays a lot of money for car insurance and it's a legal requirement to drive on a public road so damage only collisions we get people to ask their insurance companies to investigate it.

The amount of stations of your largest number of a particular type, +1.

I think the idea is to allow you to grow your maximum number of missions without doing so ridiculously fast. Your progress is intentially slowed by the increase in cost for buildings 25 upwards, so it goes hand in hand for that reaskn.

You could also use an MCV and just label it Battalion. An MCV is a command and a battalion in one, so if you require one of each, just dispatch an MCV and it covers both. Unless I am wrong?

You are not wrong. An MCV at a mission will fulfil the role of 1x BatChief and 1x MCV

I had about 120 vehicles on the move yesterday which are APNG and didn't come across any issues. Naturally, being animated, they will use more system resources so if your computer isn't able to keep up with it then you may not be able to use APNG.

I've asked Sebastian to look into having a way for the images to not alternate when responding (between the normal and lights on version). Of course while that works to show a unit responding between two static images it just makes the animated ones look like the vehicle doesn't know if it wants it's lights on or not!

Exactly as suggested. It's not necessarily going to deal with an incident as a whole but treat someone sooner than an ambulance would, due to it still travelling. It avoids you having 2+ people crewed up in an expensive ambulance.

Ultimately, at least in the UK, there are loads as a cheat to meet response times. Ambulance trusts are monitored on these figures. They can't get ambulances there because of distance/delays due to traffic but more fly cars spread out mean they are on scene quicker. That's not necessarily bad for a patient as help arrives sooner, but if you were to look at the nearest ambulance beyond a response medic it would never meet it's target time.

You can use a utility vehicle to cover a heavy rescue slot on a call. Both vehicles (the other being a heavy rescue) do the exact same thing currently.

I have about 25 Utility Vehicles and 2 Heavy Rescue (up until the Rescue Engine come out) as 80% of my fleet of pump engines had rescue capability (thus were Rescue Engines). There was only 2 heavy rescue units based at HQ. So I could cover HR requirements I use Utility Vehicles and have done as far back as I can remember. Now it's not too bad with Rescue Engine but I still use Utilities.

The other vehicle that covers a role you may not realise is the Mobile Command Unit also covers a Battalion Chief role too, so if there is a requirement of one of each on a mission, you don't need to send a Battalion Chief separately.

It's still to be looked into. He's currently in the middle of an update involving various new things so hasn't had opportunity to stability test an increase. It's not been forgotten about, however!

You can clear the mileage of a vehicle by deleting it and buying a new one; as you would in real life.

I don't see why you would need to reset the mileage, either from a game perspective or a real life one (with it being illegal to alter the mileage of vehicle).

You said you don't see why it would be necessary.. so yeah, why?

There's a lot of things he can add. But while some part comes down to time to do, others are balancing updates on what he releases. If everything was added so quickly you'll soon run of things to add.

Let me reiterate that the inland water based setup isn't a 'no' but more a 'not yet'; personally I'm looking forward to it and keen to see too.

Odd. When a mission requires 2 Heavy Rescue I often send one of each of a Heavy Rescue Vehicle and Utility Vehicle and never had an issue.

When I get a single HR requirement I'll try deploying both to see if there is any conflict.