Posts by Nick Fontana

Yeah ours does too (I'm assuming they probably all do).
    I was just wondering what the point of adding the incident notes to calls that haven't been shared to the alliance is. I can't imagine anyone bothering with the roleplay on their own calls, I'm sure that would last about 5 mins. Roleplay and incident notes are all about sharing with other people, hence why the notes section only appears once a call is shared.

It's easier to have an incident built up bit by bit and add notes as it would be done in real life - then when it's shared you send a single message to be shared and they can see the rest so they know what's going on as opposed to you sharing then writing out a whole load of stuff.

But there is a chance they survive, hence why it’s acceptable as the game will not tell you the outcome of the patient. If it specifically mentions death however like a call that is “suspicious death”, that specifically mentions death so the devs would not find it acceptable

This makes sense.

In that case it should be that vehicles request to CLEAR FROM SCENE as opposed to transport to hospital. A dead body will not be taken to hospital.

I'm curious, I'm not against the idea at all but I'm just wondering what you imagine this being used for? What sort of things would be typed in to the notes prior to it being a shared call?

Mainly details around the incident - updates from first arriving vehicles. Reasons for sending them etc.
    Though it's not strictly necessary information, it's a nicety that is all part of the fun within the game.

E.G: 979 MADE PT CONTACT - REQUESTING HEMS
    Then once the mission is shared you could put: "EOC^HEMS DESK - IS (CALLSIGN) AVAILABLE" for example.. Then get your response and deployment from alliance resource.

Hi,

I'd like to see the ability to add incident notes even when the job isn't shared with the alliance.

Once it is shared, they can see those notes and add their own etc.

This would allow for further realism and when a job is shared they can see notes which have already been put in.

Thanks,

Nick

Hi and welcome!

I agree with your point - in some cases, crews do clear from jobs without transporting to hospital. It does happen, keep an eye out for them!

It would be nice to see a request for police to deal with ROLEs.. Fatalities at other incidents such as RTCs would be an interesting thing to manage.

So I feel that an over hall for ambulance is needed. I work for south western ambulance service in ambulance control and there are many things that area needed.

• Ambulance ranks such as Emergency Care Assistant, Paramedic, Lead Paramedic, Operations Officer, HART Paramedic, Critical Care Paramedic, Urgent Care Paramedic, Doctor both in critical care and urgent care working on HEMS and BASICS.
    • More ambulance service vehicles such as pathway support vehicles, operations officer vehicles, motorcycle response unit, HART teams, HEMS, BASICS, community first responders, co-responders.
    • St John Ambulance for events
    • Ambulance control like dispatch centers but for ambulance
    • HART vehicles, such as water rescue vehicles, off road vehicles and command vehicles

I am happy to offer any advice and support for you on how ambulance control do things its like mission chief but for real lol 8o and we get paid 8)

Hi mate,

I second all of these things. I was previously a call taker and then a dispatcher in EOC, now operational in a different service.

https://board.missionchief.com…s/?postID=22657#post22657

Above is a post I wrote not long ago.

I'm the Content Adviser for the ambulance/medical side of the game, so rest assured I'm reading everyone's comments and putting ideas forward!

I'm not sure how easy introducing a multitude of roles will be, as it gets a bit tricky on when to back crews up etc. I'm looking at trying to get a medical prioritisation system being used, similar to reaching a C1, C2 etc etc..

It will take time but I'm hoping the next step will be to focus on the medical side of things, there's just no set date.

I'm looking to push for a medical system ASAP and a vehicles pack to allow for things like CCPs, OTLs etc to be required for missions.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Exactly this, you can build stations and have no vehicles there but that’s a very expensive way of increasing run distance.

I second that idea. Standby is a MASSIVE function of dispatching and should definitely be implemented into Mission Chief. The ability to be able to send vehicles to standby as opposed to only being able to move them would drastically change the way I play Mission Chief and would also add an entire new element of tact and strategy to the game.

Hi all,

I hope you are all well!

A lot of the time, especially when your area is well covered and well resourced, response times are very quick. We all know this is ideal, however it’s not realistic. We simply cannot have the same demand as the lifelike service’s and especially for police and ambulance cannot have quite the same amount of resources.

Missions are generated per station and within a preset radius of said station. I would like to be able to alter this. I think a great addition to the game would be to allow for each particular station to have its own radius customisable.

This would allow for very realistic covering. For example, Polegate Make Ready Center covers a very large area as it is considered a ‘hub’. Ambulances will run considerable distances to arrive at calls, however this is not reflected in the game during quieter times or when there are a lot of well resourced stations. If the radius could be increased, then missions would be generated from one station at a further distance, allowing a more realistic and true to reality response; this would be very good also for rural areas which are not surrounded by other stations but cover a large area. It would mean that calls are not always so close.

I understand that having lots of buildings will spawn missions, and when demand is busy, the nearest vehicle may be quite far away, however when it’s quiet, missions will not spawn at a distance for that particular service therefore response times will always be very close.

I think an option within the dispatch center to change the radius per station or within the station itself would be brilliant. It could be done via square miles; outlining an area similar to how is done when setting a patrol route; or just choosing a number which alters the maximum distance.

Let me know what you think on this idea below and by completing the poll and like if you are in agreement.

Thanks,

Nick :) :)

Hi all,

As you all well know, the current ambulance and medical system is very basic, and rapid response vehicles have little function within the actual missions. We are all working hard in the background to discuss the best method of going forward.

Below are a number of vehicles I would like to see introduced into the game at some point; when this will be, I don't know.

-Patient Transfer Ambulances (strictly for HOSPITAL TO HOME transfers)
    -Critical Care Paramedic/Advanced Paramedic
    -Operational Team Leader/Paramedic Team Leader
    -Hazardous Area Response Team
    -HEMS helicopter & HEMS car

This would be a brilliant starting point and with a more advanced medical system in place, a great way to introduce realism into the medical side of MC.

I also work for an ambulance service in the UK.

It's a complex system and each particular ?"diagnosis" (a medical problem which we are unable to rule out, e.g - stroke, cardiac arrest, major blood loss etc) will have its own code.. There are 2 medical triage systems used in the UK, which are soon to be nationalised to NHS Pathways.. The other is MPDS.

Following from above, a Cardiac Arrest would be a Category 1 (7 minute emergency) with both Pathways and MPDS, however the coding for MPDS would be 9-E-1, whereas for Pathways it would be DX010.. This is the simple difference in coding between the two triaging systems.

Ambulance responses in the UK are a NATIONAL criteria.. Services across the UK may have slight variations in their local policies, but these are negligible.

When it comes to implementing a medical system into the UK version of MC, I believe a simple "Category 1", "Category 2", "Category 3" etc etc.. would be most appropriate.

Each incident will require specific resources regardless of the category, because this is how emergency incidents work. All that needs to me made certain, is that a Category 1 call has a MINIMUM of 3 "pairs" of hands.. I.E three paramedics. Within Mission Chief this could be done through a personnel count as opposed to a vehicle count. This allows for more realistic dispatching; for example, one ambulance and one rapid response vehicle; two ambulances; 3 rapid response vehicles and an ambulance (as the clock is stopped when a TRANSPORTABLE resource attends scene).

The way I would like to see this done is through the MC Content Adviser Teams (myself, and the others appointed for their respective service).

It is very clear there are some players with great knowledge of the UK emergency services which play the game and are involved on this forum. Knowledge is power - between us, we can ensure a realistic and appropriate medical system which works well for Mission Chief and has a decent amount of lifelike requirements but does not take away from the enjoyment and satisfaction of Mission Chief.

As for above, taking into consideration response times (which are below) a timer for arriving on scene within said time frame allowing for bonus points would be great.. This could work in a similar way to taking your patient to the correct hospital in relation to the required specialities.

Category 1: 7 minutes
    Category 2: 18 minutes
    Category 3: 120 minutes
    -- Calls below this point are not blue light emergencies.
    Category 4: 240 minutes
    Category 5: Clinical / Out of Hours (other service) Call back
    ^^ These are NATIONAL across the UK and are no longer referred to as "red/green" calls..
    If anyone has any further suggestions, replies or questions, feel free to always leave a comment.

Nick :) :)

Hi guys!

We've just got new HART vehicles - VW Transporter 4*4 vehicles, and Sprinter 4*4s also.

The Transporter pictured here is from NWAS but the same. Can anyone make these two please? If possible, animated with some nice blue and white grilles!

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30516287_1332425706901537_5886527668744093696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=39cd1e59fd0bfb19b3d3d6f7f12668c3&oe=5CA1EBF0]

[Blocked Image: https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/45640439_10217550373813577_2446179515127300096_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=0fbfdc26ddd9e5bbf23c146bd880b9de&oe=5C742417]

Hi all,

Current route displays are great, but from a zoomed out perspective, confusing - you can't quite make out what's what.

I would suggest there's an option for an arrowed line to run from the vehicle right to the mission as the crow flies (a straight line from the resource to the mission just to see where it's coming from and it's general direction/distance)

Sometimes looking closely at the routes can be confusing as multiple resources going to different jobs with different routes won't let you see which is going where.

The arrows would.

Vote up!

Nick

I'm liking the sound of this and have, myself, put a similar idea forward.

In my service, we have some cars manned with paramedics, technicians, both of which will attend incidents. Usually alongside an ambulance, but sometimes they arrive first and confirm they no long require any other resources required. Other times, they are manned by critical care paramedics, operational unit managers, paramedic practitioners, operational team leaders etc etc, and therefore HAVE to attend certain incidents to supervise/manage the scene. This is where having fly cars able to discharge some patients or call for extra resources would be great, and then having a separate vehicle like a supervisor or team leader in a car, they are then required in some missions similarly to battalion chiefs, in the actual mission requirements.

The only issue with this as explained to me by TACRFAN is that it involves a complete medical system overhaul as it is not that dynamic, so who knows, but I agree it'd be great!

Hi all,

I think it would be a good idea to introduce timelogging into the game. It would be cool if when you open up a mission it tells you how long ago you received it, what time the first unit was sent and when the first unit arrived. That was you can prioritise some incidents over others, can see how long they've been there for and also just implement a little more realism and strategy into the game.

I don't think this would be a very difficult thing to do, just some coding, but think it would be a great feature to have!

Let me know what you think,

Thanks,

Nick

Hi all,

I know it's been brought up before, but starting to get a bit silly now.
    Fly cars are near on useless at the moment, they do not act as another pair of hands and they just sit idle underneath the priority of fire trucks.

In real life, sometimes multiple units are assigned to one patient. As it is, MC will give one ambulance per patient and either transport or not. There is never a point where for example, at a cardiac arrest, an ambulance on scene requests another ambulance or a fly car to attend as a second pair of hands. Why is this not something in game?

It is not uncommon to see upto 3 or 4 medical vehicles assigned to a cardiac arrest call - in some cases they are stood down, in other cases they are not. It is getting a bit boring just sending one ambulance per patient and not some patients needing more vehicles to make sure they're okay. This can't be a massive change, surely?

My idea would be that some patients require multiple units. HEMS might be a necessity for some RTCs (if you have HEMS in game), or for some Cardiac Arrests. It would be good if calls were more dynamic and took a more
    realistic approach to medical requirements, such as a stabbing requiring a fly car (could be an officer, or a critical care paramedic) etc etc.

Some feedback on my idea would be greatly appreciated. :)