Posts by Wings

Very disappointing to see that advancements in increasing the call radius have been reversed. It is one of the single biggest things wrong with this game.
    The current call radius settings is laughable on the AU version at least, can't speak for the UK or others. I have 2 different networks of over 30 stations all placed in real life locations and I have little clumps of calls generating around each station.
    Several of us on the AU version have been lobbying the devs for a long time to increase call radius so now to see that it's been reduced again because it encroaches on other members territories in alliances is sad. Surely that's a problem for the alliance to deal with not the whole game?

We all agree that the best solution is to make the radius customisable, I ideally for each individual station (so that those near ferry routes don't have calls spawning in the water) and with a minimum protection to eliminate cheating - but given that there is next to no development happening in this game at all then out of the options of keeping it as it is or increasing it I definitely vote increase it!

Love number 1 and number 5. Number 3 is good too and could be expanded to include very basic vehicle servicing & maintenance, the game already tracks total kilometres travelled for vehicles so that might have been the intention at some point.

Number 4 would be great too, and has been suggested before a few times - even if only admins can see the "last online" time.

I'm not in favour of number 2 though. Delegating roles is one of the only abilities of the alliance admin over a co-admin, it might work in some alliances but not others. If it is important for a co-admin to be able to delegate roles then just make them an admin as well (you can have more than one).

+1 I would love this too.
    Doesn't even have to be an excel export to be honest but it would be great just to have a long list of members in the alliance on one page so you can select all and copy/paste into excel. I can easily get around any formatting once it is in excel but the PITA is having the member list spread over 20+ pages (in our case).
    Not a priority I know, just add it to the list of many hundreds of things to be changed/improved.

No it's fine to have accounts on multiple versions, just not multiple accounts on the same version.
    A lot of people are first introduced on the AU version (local advertising) then when they finish the game in 2 weeks and they hear about the far more advanced US version find themselves moving on to the US one but still just playing in Australia.

I think an option within the dispatch center to change the radius per station or within the station itself would be brilliant.

Great idea! We need this!
    A simple "minimum radius" override in the back end could prevent anyone setting the radius too low.
    If/when you request it from the developers please ask that they build it for all versions of Missionchief (i.e. Australia - we don't have a forum section!) not just for the UK :)

Have these like this and it'll only show your main calls.

Yeah I know about that. That's not my question though. I'm part of a large national alliance covering all of Australia so I still want to see the alliance shared calls but only in my city and not the whole country. Those toggles will remove all alliance calls altogether.
    The "Maximum Distance of Alliance Missions" setting works perfectly on the AU version but I can't get it to work on the US version regardless of what I have it set to it just shows all alliance calls so I think there might be a bug. I'll contact support, unless I'm missing something.

Does anyone know, why all missions from others are shown in my mission list?

Did you end up getting this to work?
    I am having trouble with this too. This is the "Maximum Distance of Alliance Missions" setting at the top of the "Settings" tab of the Dispatch Centre. It doesn't affect calls on the map view however it limits alliance shared calls in the mission/call list so that only close ones are shown.
    This works completely fine in the Australian version of Missionchief but in the US version it doesn't seem to do anything, I have tried changing it and reloading the game several times I still see alliance shared calls from a long way away.

Anyone else?

My ambulance setup is like so

Thanks I understand that, mine is already set up the same way though.

My question was if you have any ambulances included in your call ARR settings, or if you select ambulances separately when dispatching?
    For example, the "Industrial Fire" call can have up to 4 patients. So on your Industrial Fire ARR tag that I see in your screenshot, do you have any ambulances set? Or do you press that button and then manually add the ambulances as required (with the green buttons) on each call?

(My current set up has 4 ambulances built in to the Industrial Fire ARR tag so I don't manually add any ambulances but that means that I am sometimes using more than I need to.)

Ok, so do you have individual ARRs set up for each call? And if so do you have ambulances assigned to each call's ARR?
    Or do you use the ARR to dispatch all units and then select ambulances separately based on the number of reported patients?

Just wondering how you guys dispatch ambulances to large calls?
    Up until now I have just set two thirds of the number of possible patients as the number of ambulances on the ARR for a call. For example, the Fire in Hospital mission can have a max of 25 patients so I have set my ARR for that mission to 17 ambulances. I know the mission will likely generate for less than 25 patients and they won't all require transport so 1 ambulance could treat multiple patients.

This often seems like a waste at times though because sometimes before dispatching a call I'll see only 5 patient names at the top for example, so I have to go to the ambulance tab an un-tick 12 ambulances. I considered removing all ambulances from the ARR templates and just dispatching them separately at the same time based on the patients written for each call however some calls don't have any mention of patients until the units arrive (or even sometimes when the call is nearly finished) so that just slows the whole process when I am sending ambulances so late.

Has anyone found a good approach to this? Am I missing something?

Apparently this practice of alliance members messaging other alliance members is fine by the development team.
    None of my members have done it but there is one particular alliance on the AU version of the game that do it a LOT and myself and another admin from another alliance have been calling them out on it so they wrote to the game developers for clarification and got this reply...

Xyrality Support
    December 10, 2019, 01:13 +1100
    Hey ***, thanks for messaging us. We'd like to apologize the long waiting time but we have a lot to do at the moment.
    We would like to point out that actively recruiting members from other alliances is perfectly fine so long as there is no malicious intent like insults, harassment, bullying, blackmailing and/or impersonating other alliances or players.
    If you get harassed, blackmailed, insulted or whatever just contact us and tell us the according player/alliance names and dates and times of the incidents. If such things happens in the forum you can contact the forum staff ( https://board.missionchief.com/index.php/Team/ ).
    For the incidents in the game you should contact us and we will look into the incident and take appropriate actions in accordance with our policies. As stated there are no rules for legitimate recruitment methods.
    I hope this clarifies the situation regarding issues that have been raised by your alliance with myself in a way which I hope can be more adult in the future. I hopefully look forward to us all enjoying the game and leaving the matter at rest. I wish you and your alliance a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year