Posts by LCNMPatriot

So i would know here in NYS, Tow Trucks here use (Ambers) No sirens. I have not seen a tow truck in my past 5 years use different lighting or a siren that would be illegal to have a siren on any DOT or public safety vehicle.

Tell me about it, I recently moved from Upstate NY to Las Cruces, NM and came across several tow trucks on my trip down here that were operating with red lights/sirens. In the US in most cases they're tow services that are contracted by a municipality (police department) and use them for when towing on 'official business'.

What's worse is the state of New Mexico's emergency vehicle lighting. It seems down here that the only color lighting that's controlled by law is red. Fire, EMS & Police all run red lighting (or a combo of red and another color). Literally -any- other utility / road work / dump truck / heavy machinery / etc just run whatever lighting they feel like. I've actually seen state DOT contractors doing roadwork operating with green, blue, white and amber on the same vehicle along with hideaway white strobes in the headlights and wig-wag tail lights.

I can't count the number of times I've started to pull over for a DOT road work truck coming up behind me. It's infuriating.

I'd like to see this as an option as well.

I'd also like to see the time needed on-scene to be variable based on the -kind- of EMS call as well. In the EMS world there are 'stay and play' calls where patients are treated on-scene before transport and there are 'grab and go' type calls where time on-scene is minimized. Having a cardiac arrest in-game where the ambulance sits around on-scene waiting for the patient timer to tick down before asking for transport to the hospital just doesn't make sense to me.

Ric

I understand the hesitation, but at the same time most of us (even those of us that have been FF/EMT's our entire lives) are surprised that a 'mobile air' type vehicle is even really a thing in a game such as this. Outside of major metropolitan areas, very very few departments have dedicated air trucks. Not a single one existed in my county nor the surrounding four counties back in NY. Filling SCBA bottles from the on-board cascade system is one of the primary jobs -of- a heavy rescue. Having a separate mobile air truck just seems to be a "waste" of credits/coins, but that's just my $0.02

Ric