Posts by Brainiac515

But then you would have large boats driving through the streets for a bit so it’s a loose loose unfortunately. Like I say it’s because Open Street Maps (which the game uses for the pathfinding) only makes the sea a texture rather than a specific texture so unless there is a ferry route, there would be no routes for the game to use.

Honestly haven't gotten as far as the large boats yet so I wasn't thinking of them and/or how they are used. I assumed the fireboat and rescue docks were built on ocean coastlines though am I wrong? Using the same logic as above you can just disable the ability to travel via roadways and ONLY have them travel via ocean or defined water waterways (using the POI system). This would of course make them more realistic, at least in that one regard of them traveling across land, but at the same time make some missions not accessible by large boats if people are not careful where they place their docks and where they set the POI's that trigger ocean missions (making sure they are actually accessible by the ocean or large water way).

Not familiar with Open Street Maps either but with what little researching I did they do have a tag system they could be utilized to ensure it would work. But then we start getting into an issue of time spent compared to results achieved as it wouldn't be a quick thing to do. In short it's still very much doable but I doubt the dev. team are willing to spend the time to do it for such a small outcome.

I have a similar issue that happens with me but luckily I end up getting around it. Literally every other time I log in via the mobile app it pops up with a german login/registration screen. I am able to just close and restart the app and it fixes itself for whatever reason though. Just hoping it doesn't become an issue in the future....

You would think it would be fairly straight forward to have it use the road system when in range of road objects and switch to line of sight when not. Honestly haven't coded with google's map API before but there should be a fairly simple way to make it happen is my point. I just imagine more realistically the dev team just has a bit more on their plate then they can handle and this is a non-issue for them.

I can confirm having just reached my 5th PD station that the Large Brawl event does indeed spawn at 5 stations not at 6 stations like it says you need to have for k-9. Now scrambling to get k-9 together to try and complete the 4 Large Brawl missions I have waiting... and I can only imagine I will have several more by the time my K-9 guys are trained. :(

Really hope this can get fixed as to prevent the issue in the future or at least change the required stations to 5 for k-9 so people arn't caught off guard and have to stall all their progress to scramble for something they had no intention of getting for quite awhile.

Whats sad is I built my first 5 PD stations all at once and upgraded them all twice and added two cars to each. So I have 5 stations with 2 people and three patrol cars each and somehow I am suppose to get k-9 going...I intended to build up my patrol car count while building up staff before getting into k-9. Now I gotta sell off vehicles, scramble to train staff and halt all progress for days in order to get by this issue. :(