Posts by gorilla

This would be helpful, however if someone could work out how to extract the api data it would be possible.

Yeah I can access it but the issue is around making it useful format.

My set up is realistic as to locations of all buildings.

Vehicles though are not realistic to locations as would be a major pain.

My set up is across Central Scotland including Glasgow and Edinburgh Airports and all of Fife and parts of Southern Perthshire.

I typically set up all stations the same but that has evolved over time with game updates

Typically they have 2 Engines (RP/CARP mix) those that have no CARP have Arial Appliances. All have Fire Officers and Hazmat units.

All but some of the legacy stations have Water Carriers.

I have 6 BASU and 6 ICCU strategically placed too.

All my police stations have 2 IRV, 1 ARV and 1 DSU (this is behing doubled)

All ambulance stations have minimum 4 ambulances each has a critical care staff assigned.

I have 1 RRV assigned throughout the ambo stations.

My clinics all have 2 ambos although due to critical care not being supported in clinics yet I'm considering putting my OTLs in them.

That's my main set up. I have a small experimental set up on 3 Scottish Islands this was originally designed to try replicate Scotstar but has been difficult to sort out. Each island has a clinic, police and fire station. All on a separate dispatch and set so I get very basic calls there. I don't get patient transfers from these clinics either which I'm thankful for as transfers would need to be by land ambulance and one clinic is nearly 2 hours from Glasgow by road.

I have noticed that on both App and Browser there is a small issue when starting either a Large Scale Mission (LSM) or Storm for alliance admins.

Typically we don't see this issue as we have a set programme for events but we had a few issues recently that's brought this to light.

When a free LSM or Storm is avaliable to be started that is the only option there is now no option to start a paid for event. Not a major issue but when you have set up a programme bases in the free event limits its making it difficult for admins to run paid for events as to do this they need to be set to being a normal member to start it and then back to being admin.

Can we please have the options to either pay for it or use the free event.

For fire I use this website

https://www.ukfirestations.co.uk/

For police I use Google and Police Scotland Website

For Ambulance I use google but have found 2 good FOI requeta for Scottish Ambulance Service

For hospitals I use NHS Inform website.

I also use google for alliance hospitals, prisons and training sites.

Prisons I have a good little map that was sent to me that shows every prison, YOI and Secure Unit in England and Wales.

As to alliance ownership and admin.

I am one of the main admin for the original UK Emergency Response

Our founder stepped back from the alliance running as he had other things going on and not having time.

The current "chief" has had to step back due to very personal reasons and asked me to take on running the alliance.

So before you continue to assume what's going on get facts correct.

I've never once said I had rights to anything either.

A perfectly reasonable proposal was put forward by one of your group.

But clearly you didn't fancy changing it.

It is not my problem that you have paid money for servers, domains and a website. So why bring that up. In the chat you sent me.

You asked what could be done to resolve it and I said change your name.

As stated above absolutely no issue with using UK Emergency Response but do like others have done. They have added either unit, team or another word to end of it.

Also no objection to use of UKER as your proposal dropped this in favour of UK Emergency Rescue

UKER can be used by a few alliances as a acronym/abbreviation and should be used as such and not as part of a name to distinguish from others.

This is interesting, I always thought it was a single use thing so only one person can use a name. Ill see if this can be implemented. Do you have links to your alliance and the other one?

They have decided to add UKER to front of their name to make it different.

No issue with anyone using that abbreviation as there are lots that can.

They then use the UK Emergency Response name

Now every other alliance that uses UK Emergency Response have added an word to their name like team, unit ect which clearly distinguishes them.

The alliance admin messaged me saying they use to have tactical in their old name before changing to Emergency Group and then changing to what they are now.

My alliance is https://www.missionchief.co.uk/alliances/33

Theres is https://www.missionchief.co.uk/alliances/580

Great to see an alliance changing their name to be exactly the same as my alliance.

United Kingdom Emergency Response.

We have used the UKER abbreviation too.

It's not original, fair or respectful to other alliances.

Also the alliance that has copied our name is known to spam members of other alliances with mesges to entice players to switch.

All for competition and that but come on be unique with your name.

We all know about how we can separate out areas by using different dispatch centres which is a great feature.

Just been thinking as to how I use my dispatches.

Combined with my AARR.

I have a set category in my AARR that only is for missions that spawn in my island dispatch area.

Now it is working perfectly and I have developed a good understanding of the best set up to have for realistic island coverage.

Anyway what I am now noticing when going through missions us at times I miss a call that is from the island dispatch and send a mainland response which is annoying as some trips are near 2 hours for a main land road unit to get there.

Would there be any way we could add an option to provide a way to identify calls that generate one set dispatch?

The simplist way I thought of could be to colour code dispatch centres so that when a call generates the text for the call name is a set colour according to the dispatch.

Or alternatively a 2 alphanumeric code could be added that displays on call dispatch screen.

Clinics is a mistake. Fire stations it’s because they are technically firefighters rather than paramedics. Unless we put the critical care course at the fire school it would be difficult to do

A mistake, ooo, when will it be fixed?

I know there is nothing in the game rules just now to stop other alliances messaging members of another alliance but it is becoming a common issue now that members of the alliance I'm part of are experiencing on a daily basis.

It is beginning to annoy them that they are being sent these unsolicited messages and they are asking for a way to prevent people contacting them directly unless they are either part of the same alliance of are friends with the other person.

Surely the devs can introduce a way to control this.

As to providing a place of contact for new applicants that could be done by having a button that says contact alliance admin and that will send a message to alliance admin (not co admin).

Yes blocking works but only works after the fact.

It is about time the devs changed this so that we can decide who can contact us in game.

As much as I am all for realism in the game feel this would be added complexity that would slow play down.

I am working to build a very accurate setup for what I'm doing on the Scottish Islands. If I was to go for full on realism I'd be wanting airports added as a means to transport patients. As it is very common for some emergency transfers from the islands to be by plane to Glasgow airport then onto either the PA in Paisley or to the QEUH in Glasgow each stage would need a RVP.

You can have multiple areas with critical care, I only have critical care in my main region where as in the smaller regions I have it turned off, you need multiple dispatch centers.

I have tried to have that and it is not working. I have 4 dispatch centres.

Northern, Eastern and Western Commands all would have it on

The 4th my island dispatch i set to off and it turns them all off.

So not working for me.

OK, got 2 possible fixes that would help this.

1. Activate critical care at clinics too, as in real life it is common that some clinics/miu/such do have doctors or advanced trained staff either in site or on call, to respond to incidents that need advanced care. We have the vehicles at the clinics so would make sense to have the staff.

2. Is sort of implemented but needs reworked, just now if we turn off critical care all dispatches turn it off. It would be better if we could switch some off and keep some on, this way we can manage critical care slightly better.

Ideally would be great for both to be done so it makes it easier to manage.

Im a bit confused by this, are you suggesting a clinic could handle a major trauma. Its not about the staff, ye by all means you could have the best trauma team in the world, but without the facilities it wouldnt work? A clinical wouldn't have xray, ct, mri, operating theatres, emergency department with resus, blood bank etc etc

No, never said a clinic would handle major trauma cases, just pointed out that in some areas local clinics have advanced trained staff avaliable to help with emergency cases.

Currently in game a clinic can only have paramedic ambulance based there but in real life some clinics have a paramedic ambulance and a advanced medical professional avaliable typically a GP who responds to emergencies like cardiac arrests, major trauma and multiple casualty incidents, this is done to provide advanced care until the patient can be transferred to the local hospital or airlifted out.

In Scotland on the islands each has a emergency clinic, they operate as MIU and mostly by nurses but due to the remoteness each clinic is typicaly part of the GP practice and it is common for the GP to also treat emergencies in these clinics. Yes we have air ambulance but for some rural locations even they can be an hour away so are not seen as critical care in some incidents more as emergency medical transfer for a patient stabilised by the local medical team

The critical care in game is essentially advanced paramedic or a doctor so it would not be unreasonable to have clinics in game allow this.

I like how you say critical care isn't needed at clinics.

It's a clear issue that no one is considering how some rural clinics operate.

Some locations do have doctors/staff on site that provide critical care.

This generalisation that clinics are minor injury units/local isn't good.

I know within Scotland rural and island clinics offer critical care during emergencies as they have staff there that provide not just their basic normal care but double up to provide critical care. I also believe similar arrangement are set in rural locations in the rest of the UK and Ireland.

So surely adding critical care to clinics would be very beneficial to those of us working to build a realistic set up.

So poorly planned and executed.

So the update was released this morning with intent to not have critical care turned off option, that has been added as clearly wasn't going to work without it as most players would struggle until they have sorted out their service for it. Brilliant planning fron the devs. Sounds very like a case of release it and force players to buy coins to do anything.

As to the clinics take it they are overlooked too, yet again. Do the devs actually plan how they do anything?

The double credits for 24 hours is obviously a wee bit of oops here is an event to say sorry.

No point in saying more on it as clearly won't be fairly discussed. That's already noted with your e are volunteer comments, nowhere did I have a go at any of the forum team but take my comments as you see fit.