Posts by EMS-Chief

The bushfire expansion allowed for the introduction of the following vehicles:

* Ultra Light Tanker

* Light Tanker

(NOTE: The normal fire tanker was renamed to Medium Tanker)

* Heavy Tanker

* Pumper-Tanker

Heavy Tanker & Pumper-Tanker are available without the bushfire extension.

As well as Air Fire Bases which includes:

* Water Drop Helicopter

* Water Bomber

* Large Air Tanker

Certain missions will require the bushfire extension, and will have a number of brush trucks required

(for example, Major Bushfire Cleanup, worth 9500 credits requires 10 bushfire trucks)

I have not had a chance to personally start the bushfire extension on ACT, soon I will be going back through my setup and updating it accordingly.

So I have not had a chance to use the expansion yet.

Cheers,

Hey everyone

I am wanting to name my police units but I have no clue how American PD call there units. (I live in the UK) has anyone go any ideas. or even any resources I can look at.

I believe each department will number them differently.

I don't believe there is a national standard. I would look up which department your building and follow them. Alternatively, you can use one of the bigger police departments as an example if you are building non-realistic.

Cheers,

I just tested moving one of my MCUs (Toronto Paramedic ESU 2) and had no problem in relocating it, just have to ensure the station has available space and is the same time as the transferring station.

Vehicle Move Successful:

Showing Vehicle Specifications:

Showing vehicle moved to new station:

To answer your questions:

1) Yes, Sheriff Units can transport. This was change a little while back.

2) Most likely the alliance building was too far for transport. Any transport capable vehicle can transport a prisoner, you do not need to cancel off the call to assign a vehicle.

3) Fire Investigation Units can transport, Fire Prevention Units cannot. Both units will cover the Fire Investigation requirement, but only FIU's double as a patrol car. There must be a minimum of one assigned with the Peace Officer education.

4) Full squads will aid in speeding up mission completion. I have full vehicle compliments with no issues in transporting.

Cheers,

i would like to see a Quint be used instead of a Platform if required. Engine and a Quint or just a Quint.

Quints are only available to purchase after achieving the CAPT rank in game. We can't make a Quint a requirement on a call where some users would not be able to purchase it yet.

Essentially, if I understand correctly, you are looking for the ability to add Sheriff's Offices for more of a visual purpose, so you can have Sheriff's Offices and City Police.

Realistically, both would respond to the same type of calls if they are a full service, and if they are the services that run limited-services or restricted-services then they are just running for courts.

Ultimately, you can create an ARR with a custom category, name the Sheriff units accordingly and only dispatch them to Court-related calls or whatever you feel your Sheriff vehicles would appropriately respond too.

The problem with creating a "Sheriff Office" would be, in my opinion, would they code them as a full service department (and as such are the really necessary for the devs to take time to code this when police stations already exist that can be done up as needed individually) or would they code them as court or jail-related enforcement and duties only.

I'm trying to understand, other than the realism aspect of it, where the advantages are for the devs to spend time coding a Sheriff Office.

Thanks.

BLS Level calls are:

Alpha and Bravo

(33-A-XX)

(33-B-XX)

ALS Level calls are:

Charlie, Delta, Echo (and currently, although it shouldn't be) Omega.

For emergency calls, a Fly-Car or EMS Rescue can be sent with a BLS Ambulance to upgrade the BLS ambulance to transport an ALS patient.

For Patient Transfer missions Fly-Cars and EMS Rescues are not eligible to be sent, which means you must send the type of unit for the particular patient, based on the MPDS Determinant Level.

As indicated above, you've built a Clinic not a hospital.

Clinics are limited to 5 upgrade levels and only general internal expansions.

Clinics will also allow up to 2 vehicles, where hospitals do not have vehicle bays.

If you need to have a hospital, you'll need to build a new one, as you cannot expand a clinic into a hospital.

Cheers,

Alternatively, you can build a police station and staff it only with Sheriff Units and call it a Sheriff's Office or staff it with patrol car's and Sheriff's for supervisors, while still calling it a Sheriff Office.

Ultimately, based on everything that I've read a Sheriff is a law-enforcement officer, who's role vary from state to state in the US. However, generally are the same as city police, but just operate on a regional or county level.

As, based on the sources below, a Sheriff Department is essentially regional/county law enforcement, I don't think the need is there to bring a new station for Sheriff into the game, is my thought.

Cheers,

Reviewed Sources:

https://www.dgso.org/faqs/8-fa…e-and-a-police-department

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheriffs_in_the_United_States

https://www.sheriffs.org/about-nsa/faq

https://www.loudoun.gov/Docume…ce-Department---July-2020

http://andychenlaw.com/sheriff-v-police/

You get 1 dispatch centre per 25 stations I believe. Therefore, for that to be possible, you would need at least 75 stations.

I believe if you do NOT check off "Create your own coverage area", it will allow the dispatch centres to work together.

Cheers,

That's great! Is it possible to train sheriffs at the academy and assign them to regular patrol cars, and is it also possible to buy Sheriff units and staff regular patrol officers?

No, the Sheriff requirement is a vehicle requirement, not a personnel requirement. As such, requirements for missions are for Sheriff Units not personnel. Personnel must be on the vehicle for the vehicle to dispatch or else (if you tried to dispatch without trained personnel), you will receive an error message.

I have not been able to add EMS units to my ambulance stations. Even with room to add vehicles, it will not let me do so.

Did you recently add a mass-casualty expansion? You may have to add the mass casualty trailer first before it will let you add,

If you could post a picture of the station, showing the expansion level and vehicles, as well as a picture of each vehicle screen, we could better diagnose.

Cheers.

Yes, like previously mentioned the Fire Investigation Unit will dual-purpose as a Patrol Car (with transporting capabilities), whereas the Fire Prevention Unit will not.

Cheers,