Posts by Jordie8396

IK this is an old post, however, as I'm sure some of you are aware, this bug still exists. not sure if it happens all the time bui i definatly noticed it today.

I wrote this post in a bit of a daze this morning in response to a chat myself and some people in my alliance talking about small stations being >300,000 credits for some people, I completely forgot that the station only has one slot to start with (thinking is automatically came with 6) thus the wording of my original post.😑

hi all,

I'd like to suggest the introduction of extra-small fire stations. These would be ably to hold 1-2 fire appliances.

I suggest this because accross the UK the majority of on-call fire stations only have 1 maybe 2 appliances and it seems a waste of space - for those players playing hyper-realistic (like myself) who only use the IRL units per station - To use a current small fire station for these stations since there's always 4-5 bays left going to waste per station.

Hi there,

A member of our alliance suggested the idea of Trio-stations (a station where all 3 services can be based/dispatched from). I know it is rather niche however there's already the ambulance expansion to fire stations, and a number of local authorities have begun moving towards these hubs for all 3- (or in some cases 4-) services being based out of a unified station.

The inclusion of this in came would help increase the realism and reduce the need for placing the 3 separate stations in the same place.

hi, I've had a number of new players complain of missions that require units that they do not have (and dont have enough stations to require) are spawning.
    For example, one of our members has 3 police stations but is getting missions requiring dog units - even though you are not required to buy a dog unit until after 6 police stations.

Hello, In my set up I have seperate dispatch centres for police, fire and ambulance (as occurs in real life), just wondering if there are missions which will now not spawn bc there's no other services allocated to the dispatch centre (if that makes sense).

Also wondered whether merely having a dispatch centre (with no stations assigned to it) brings the benefits of additional missions compared to assigning stations to a DC.

Cheers.

You can send any vehicle including an ambulance to receive credits for the mission. So in your case, sending an ambulance to any mission would get the transport or the missions value. But, if there are initial transports and you make the ambulance go to a hospital before the mission ends you won’t get the missions payout.
    Hope it all makes sense, I am happy to help.

Are you certain this is the case for all servers? I've seen a number of differences in the way the game works depending on which one you're using
    (We're on the UK server )

Hi Everyone,

Myself and other admins in my alliance noticed people in our alliance send ambulances to missions where they are not required or all patients have already been transported, but they don't send any other resources. We thought that people only receive the credits by sending police or fire to the missions and the ambulances only get the credits if they treat patients and/or transport. We just wanted to know if this is correct? So we can inform our members and not waste resources unnecessarily.

Cheers
    Jordie8396

Hello I'd like to propose a new building-like feature: an HEMS/Ambulance rendezvous point.

As you may know, some hospitals that accept HEMS patients do not have a dedicated on-site helipad for air ambulances to land, instead the air ambulance will land at a designated rendezvous point, say a nearby park, where patients are transferred to land ambulance to complete transport to hospital. an example of this in my area is the Royal Gwent hospital in Newport, South Wales. in this case the helicopter lands in Tredegar Park at the edge of newport and transported the rest of the way by land.

My suggestion would be a building like feature where you send the air ambulance and a land ambulance to meet before the land ambulance continues the journey. I propose this works in one of 3 ways:

• The RVP will be linked to the designated hospital, so when you choose the hospital as the air ambulance's destination, it automatically flies to the RVP where an ambulance is automatically dispatched and then automatically moves drives to the hospital.
    • You have to specifically send the air ambulance to the RVP, which designated a hospital and the land ambulance (which is either automatically dispatched the RVP or the player has to dispatch one there) automatically makes it way to the hospital once the transfer is done.
    • You send the Air Ambulance and a land ambulance to the RVP from which you they choose the destination of the land ambulance.

Obviously using which method is easiest or best to implement. [hopefully they make sense]
    The RVP would either have low cost to build, or be free to build. or could even be possible expansion for hospitals if that would work?

This idea I think will bring even more realism to the game, since there's the extra strategic planning required make for a swift transfer, as well as the negating to potential issue of sending helicopters to those hospitals with no helipad for those of us players who try to keep it as real as possible.

Sorry for such a long post but I many ideas regarding this, including a possible expansion for hospitals to have helipads, therefor HEMS can only be sent to helipad equipped hospitals - whic would also give the RVP suggestion even more of a reason to exist.

I should probably stop now but I hope you consider these ideas. Cheers, Jordie.

Thanks. These 2 solutions will be useful for some, but don't solve the issue I have. Excluding from ARRs really isn't the answer for me, as I still need them in the ARRs - they carry my CC trained staff. If I put JRUs in a custom category, then they become RRVs so no point having them. The whole benefit of them is they can also attend as a police car. The issue for me is they respond as an IRV when they cannot carry prisoners. The cleanest solution would be for the devs to reinstate the IRV category in ARRs and return the Police Car category to despatch any nearby police vehicle. I currently have all other police vehicles in a custom category so they can attend when I dont need them to transport prisoners (ie the 5th vehicle in the original example).

OH, yes I understand your issue better now. My comment was only a suggestion for a potential work around, which I use to good effect.
    Have you tried having your IRVs in a custom category so only prisoner carrying capable IRVs respond to an IRV ARR. I agree this is a messy way of doing it, and that in the long term the devs should fix it but, for now, This is the way I do it and it works well once you work out set up correctly.

I hope find a solution that works for you soon!

Hello
    As far i know there are 2 easy fixes to this.
    First would be to exclude JRUs from ARRs
    alternatively if you and to be able to dispatch JRUs wit ARR,
    There is an ability to change the vehicle's category to a custom category. you can then also specify that the vehicle only responds to calls for said custom class (See attached picture). You can then ast up ARRs using the specified custom class (which will appear at the bottom of the list)

Hello! As the Chief Operating Officer of the Wales & West Alliance, I would like to announce we continue a nationwide recruitment campaign for players of all levels.

We are a small, but active, multi-agency alliance, covering the whole of the UK, with our major operational hub spread across South Wales up through the West Midlands and across North Wales; with additional clusters in Northern England, Southern Scotland, the South West and London areas.
    We are looking to expand further and therefore, we are looking for recruits especially located in the following areas:
    ► South East England
    ► South West England
    ► East Midlands/Eastern England
    ► Northern England
    ► Northern Scotland
    ► Mid & West Wales
    We are proud to consider people of all levels and abilities, from Rookies just starting out, to Old Timers who are looking for new faces.
    Does this sound like you? GREAT! For more information or to apply, visit our
    Alliance page today!

Our only restrictions really are that we request that any applicants must have realistic placement and naming of buildings; and that applicants agree to our rules (which there are not many of).

Thank you for considering us and we hope to see you soon! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wales & West
    (& East & North & South & Scotland)
    [Recruitment: OPEN]
    We are a small, friendly alliance covering All Parts of the UK.

Introduction
    We are a multi-agency alliance, covering the whole of the UK, with our major operational hub spread across South Wales up through the West Midlands and across North Wales; with additional clusters in Northern England, Southern Scotland, the South West and London areas. We try to keep buildings in the realistic locations, but do not require realistic unit allocations to these buildings. We do however try to set up hospitals with the correct departments they have in real life.
    We are looking to expand further and therefore, we are looking for recruits in the following areas:
    ► South East England
    ► South West England
    ► East Midlands/Eastern England
    ► Northern England
    ► Northern Scotland
    ► Mid & West Wales
    We consider people of all levels and abilities, from Rookies just starting out, to Old Timers who are looking for new faces.
    Does this sound like you? GREAT! Apply today or contact an admin for more information!
    Although we do wish to expand to the areas stated above, we will consider applicants from areas already covered as well.[/size]

Please ensure you have read and understood all the alliance's rules BEFORE applying.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Still not convinced?

Additional Info about us
    Our alliance is very active with a many members online most days. We currently have 35 or so members, with an estimated 600+ stations and buildings between us so far.
    The Alliance as a website where non-members can find out more about the alliance, as well as being a place where alliance members can come to for all kinds of information and advice, with both in-game and out-of-game discussions.
    Additionally, we have a discord server, which members can join for further interaction - including the access to region-specific tactical operations channels - Access to the server is obtained via a link in the forum.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to post below or contact me directly and I will endeavour to reply ASAP.