Posts by cj-rvwilliams

I wrote a fairly large list of improvements to the police / FBI side of the game a few days ago. Here it is: Prisons and other PD Ideas (clickable link).

I disagree with the Sheriff being renamed. Most of the calls it is required for is warrant related or serving of various papers. In the locations I have lived are all warrants are administered by the Sherriff's office or by a state Marshall (in CT). I don't see the reason to rename a unit that seems to be fairly accurate in its usage in a good chunk of the country.

WinWin - I respectfully disagree. This is a great quality of life feature that should be exceptionally easy to implement. There really isn't an excuse to keep these inconsistencies and it is sensibly in line with what has already been implemented.

In Vermont, I have several stations that only have 3 pumpers. This is a quality of life feature that would also benefit consistency of the combo vehicles being able to be purchased at station construction. Besides - this should be a super easy fix. The base code is already in the game to allow this to happen with Quints and Rescue Engines. Not creating the consistency is just lazy developing.

To my understanding, there is mounted police in nearly every state PD department in the US, as well as most major cities have it for riot control, and some mountain west cities have it because Wyoming still wants to live under cowboy law!

Cybercrime probably is the least necessary of what I have proposed. I'd personally like to see the mounted police as many state departments have those, but the devs will have to be careful to not implement them in a way that screws people in locations that don't have mounted police in terms of mission generation.

Since the last update seems to have indicated a focus switch to revamping the PD section of the game, I have a few suggestions:

Prisons - I know we have alliance prisons, but I would like to see each player be able to build their own prisons as well (not just holding cells at various stations).

Additions to Police Stations:

- Health and Welfare Response - These are units that are popping up in left-leaning cities in the US over the last 3-5 years (possibly longer), that are a BLS ambulance combined with a law enforcement officer. These units respond to missing individual, mental health crises, drug overdoses, alcohol intoxication, etc (only non violent offenses and welfare related checks), often with a typical police officer on standby.
    - Drones - Even the little dinky town I went to college in in WY has these now.
    - Transit and Railroad Police
    - Bomb Squad
    - Mounted Police - useful for crowd control in areas that have them. This could be implemented through a large horse trailer (pulled by a semi, carries 6 horses for mounted police) and small horse trailer (pulled by police utility truck, carries 2 horses for mounted police).
    - Marine Law Enforcement (either a marine boat that can be pulled a police utility vehicle or a police boat station)
    - Cybercrime Investigations Unit
    - Animal Control Unit
    - Police Chiefs
    - Detectives

Additions to Federal Police Stations:
    Currently Federal Police Buildings only staff FBI. I would propose expanding these stations to include other portions of the federal police force, as well as being able to staff patrol and SWAT units. Perhaps implementing them in a way that requires expansions to be purchased for different agencies.

- Fish / Game Wardens
    - Air Marshals (for airport threats)
    - Customs / Border Patrol
    - US Secret Service (anti-sniper, ERT, CRT units)
    - ATF response team
    - FBI improvements including a Hostage Response Team, Crisis Negotiation Unit, and Tactical Helicopter Unit - expansion to police aviation stations)

Since we are able to purchase quints and rescue engines initially with the station, I would love to see the same be true of pumper tankers since they are also engine combination units.

In my experience, the SWR expansion is used frequently wherever I build it and the ARFF calls are also fairly frequent.

The forestry missions seem to never come around more than once or twice a week, and I'd love to see more of them spawning, although they seem to require far fewer units than would actually be required. This issue can also be cross applied to the Rescue and Fireboat Stations which don't seem to be required frequently at all.

It would be great if Utility Trucks could pull an ATV/UTV trailer. These could be used for wilderness / side-country, S&R, Forestry missions, and other rescues where normal vehicles might not be able to access the terrain.

I would love to see more kinds of rescues added. Perhaps the same way forestry engines were implemented. Currently we can build types 3-7, but if you only want to build one kind you can. Rescue variants could be built, but a heavy rescue could be used in place of the lighter rescues if a player doesn't want the complexity.

Love the new unit ideas though!

I would like to suggest the FBI buildings could also be used to represent DEA and ATF, even Secret Service bases etc and perhaps having a mixture of all, would be more useful. Los Angeles as an example has all four plus loads of other federal law enforcement agencies within the county and city. Perhaps this would be a solution?

So these units are actually called Federal Police Stations not FBI Buildings, so perhaps having expansions of the building for each agency would be beneficial and fit within current mechanics.

I think there could be an expansion to police stations to include bomb squad units, command centers, etc that are not a part of the FBI.

I agree. Not all bomba squads are federal agencies.

@manfromcny - can you cite your source for that please? I haven't seen that.

And also - just based upon my experience living in MT/WY/CT the new missions are missions that a sheriff (and/or constable) would perform (especially in terms of evictions and service of papers and certain warrants. Based on the missions to which a Sheriff is assigned, I disagree that this is a captain or a Lt unit.