Posts by cj-rvwilliams

Nothing to do with the game, but in some northern states, the sheriff works for the court and handles warrants. In most states, the sheriff is elected and is the top cop for a county and the sheriff's deputies handle patrol.

Right - and in some urban areas we have a Judicial Marshall's Office which takes care of the warrants / evictions - so that is where I will put my sheriffs.

Love these suggestions apart from B. This is a dispatching game, so I don't think we'll be managing hospitals, but the idea of a mass casualty expansion is something that's been suggested before and everyone seemed to like it including myself. Good suggestions!

Thanks, although I can't take all of the credit and I've tried to give credit where it is due when I have incorporated ideas from others.

I don't know if B would create a system where we are managing hospitals. Thats a whole mountain of work needing to be done. The spirit of my idea was a similar mechanic to crew carriers to speed missions up and increase hospital turnover. I know that especially for the days where I am on most of the day I would appreciate nearly every bit of bed throughput as possible. I definitely don't think a fully engrained hospital management would work in this game!

My two cents:

I think a simple approach where we do only utilize one suggestion above will result in just delaying further complaints for a few days. The primary issue is that, per hospital, you can only get 24 open beds in single 24 hour period. I've also heard that the medical system in the US game is incomplete because the original dev got bored. I'm not entirely sure what else needs to be added, but I'd expect I'd recommend something as follows:

(A) Expand Hospital Capacity. I like Caolan's idea of various sized hospitals as it is quite realistic, especially if we can upgrade small -> medium -> large, for those of us who have hospitals that should really be larger than 30 beds.

(B) Add staffing requirements to hospitals. In order for the specialty rooms to be utilized after the expansion they must have the appropriately doctor / nurse to treat the patient.

(C) Instead of releasing 1 patient every hour, release times for patients will be based on their priority code, with A patients getting the shortest time in the hospital and E patients the longest. I know this isn't fully realistic, but it is probably the most easily implemented and easiest for the player base to understand. Patient times could be increased by 2% for additional staff that are available and not assigned to another patient. Once they are dropped off, the clock starts ticking!

(D) Add a mass casualty temporary expansion for major events. This expansion would cost $100k to unlock, but then could be activated at any time (with a 24 hour cool down). Patients delivered to the mass casualty ward would only gain 25% of their normal credit income to the player, but there would not be a limit on how many people the ward could hold.

(E) Medium hospitals could also be expanded into a University Hospital, where the staff could be trained instead of extra bed space.

Basically, what an approach like this would do is (1) expand the opportunity to have beds in hospitals, (2) adjust the discharge rate to be based when the patient went through intake as opposed to kicking them out 1 per hour, (3) allow for staff and training of staff in the only building that doesn't have a staff member assigned in game, and (4) still provide a mass casualty incident method for players whom maximum hospitals wouldn't be enough, but at a reduced reward.

I agree with CT here on some issues -

(1) - I can only sort the list by expansion if it is the SWR expansion, not Forestry or airport. I personally wish this was consistent
    (2) - Condensing missions that can spawn on different POIs would make the list easier to sort through.
    (3) - It can already do that.
    (4) - Just click the button for more details. Too much info isn't good either.

One of the biggest changes in the UK game over the US is the mission requirements. A lot less missions require aerials and if they do it will only require 1 maybe 2 (some missions are an exception). The other is fire officers, unlike a battalion chief who often is a command unit on scene, a fire officers vehicle is primarily only used to transport high level officers to the scene of an incident. This is why it’s not uncommon to see 6+ of these vehicles at large incidents.

For medics, one of the different systems we have is the implementation of critical care and a HEMS requirement. Missions with seriously injured patients may require a critical care trained medic or HEMS.

Are these changes in UK version of the game more of the dev team correcting oversights in the US game, or do they stem more from the differences in the UK and US medical response system?

I figured I'd give my two cents on this since I spend quite a bit of time flying and so have been paying attention:

(1) HRETs don't seem super common to me. I've only seen them in Palm Beach. That said they are super cool and I would totally see them be useful in real life. Perhaps these serve as a more efficient form of ARFF truck...

(2) I think small and large ARFFs, as WinWin suggested is a better idea than having too many various kinds. I've mostly seen the 4,6, and 8 wheel chasis, but less is probably more here.

(3) I don't know what RIVs would bring to the game. An airport specific BCU? The tech is so good now that most new ARFFs seem to be fast enough. Maybe someone with more fire experience than I could flesh this idea out if it is useful.

(4) Chemical Tanker - I don't think I've ever seen them before. My understanding is they often carry reserve foam. Perhaps these are only used for missions that expand to something larger and cause the reserve foam to be required? This is likely better as a trailer; perhaps two sizes - a small size pulled by the utility truck and a large size pulled by a Cab (I know Boeing has a massive one at Boeing Field). Or it could be its own vehicle. To my understanding this should be called a FOAM TANKER.

I ran into my second major wildfire and had an interesting problem. Too much water. It made me think what do they really need when dealing with major wildfires, people and water. My suggestion is set the requirements in dealing with the wildfire missions to people and water. For example, the major wild fire requires 8 tanker and 8 wildfire trucks. You will easily exceed the water requirement and in theory you could use the pickup truck style wildfire trucks and fight the fire to conclusion. What if the requirement was (insert water amount) + (insert number of required firefighters) + battalion chiefs and command posts. I think this would bring a better feel to mission than it has now. Of course the engines would have to be wildfire trucks but now the crew carrier has a real need. Not to mention the Heavy water tanker flying across the county is worth the wait along with the helo's.

Just a thought, have a safe weekend!

Too much water? So did that stop you from completing the mission - as in you have to hit it exactly, or what?