Posts by tylerk

This is my 2nd ever post on this forum, and I apologize if I'm bringing up discussion that have been run through many times which I may be doing but in my years of playing on 10+ accounts with my main account having 542 buildings I have learned some quirks and things with the game I wish could be changed. Firstly my main account is based in southern California and I started it in San Diego county and expanded out. The east county portion of San Diego County is quite spread out and there are some populated areas that are 10-20 miles from the nearest fire station where calls would never be generated in missionchief at this point. What I've done now is created fire stations there labeled "Mission Generator - [Community]" and expanded them with respective expansions to make it more realistic (i.e. ambulance + water rescue near a river, wildland expansion near a forested area, etc). This is not a perfect fix and I wish I could someday move and utilize those as real fire stations if some sort of call radius feature was added.

Additionally being that my stations now cover San Diego County, Riverside County, Kern County, San Bernardino County, and Imperial County, I have added units from different states and counties as mutual aid resources. For example Fire Station 32 in Needles (San Bernardino County) is supported in real life by Mohave Valley Fire Department so I added those stations. I don't want to be responding to calls in those areas, just using them as mutual aid units. Same with units from Yuma, AZ to support Winterhaven, CA (Imperial County) as well as Clark County Fire Station 87 assisting San Bernardino County Fire on accident on the I-15. So if there was a feature to turn off call generation to a station that would be very useful.

I also wish truck companies could be used as rescues on a lot of incidents. For example in Carlsbad, CA a rescue traffic collision would be handled with only engines, a chief, a truck, and an ambulance. No heavy rescue unit. But a cliff rescue for example utilizes the Urban Search & Rescue unit. It'd be nice if there could be some sort of Heavy Rescue Training that could be given to Heavy Rescue units and those would be required on major rescues such as structural collapses, and other incidents where heavy rescue training would be needed.

I also have opted to use quints for certain San Diego County fire engines and designate their unit type as "County Fire Engine" and always assign 1 "county fire engine" in the AAR since there is only 1 truck company in all of the San Diego County Fire Authority and almost every structure fire call requires a truck company. It would be nice if you could add a "No Trucks Needed" or some type of option to a dispatch center or fire station.

Finally, my main annoyance at this point is the frequency in which I receive Industrial Fires and major hazmat calls like Unknown Tanker Spills, Hazardous Materials Truck Fires, etc. These always frustrate me especially when they are in rural portions of the map where units will be committed for 1-2 hours waiting for hazmat and mobile command units.

As a final point, a lot of people talk about how something could be exploited and whatever, but at the end of the day this game is really just a game about doing what you want to and there is not really any competition. I get that it would affect the sales of in game coins, but it sucks when some mechanic isn't added because someone might be able to exploit it.

I am not sure if I understand it correctly but you can use the "Alarm and Response" option to make 'buttons' that respond defined vehicles.

I don't know how it works in other countries, but in the US there are different alarm assignments like for example in my area for a residential structure fire you will have different assignments such as:

• Initial Report: 1 BC, 3 ENG, 1 TK, 1 MED
    • Working Structure Fire Upgrade: 1 BC, 1 ENG
    • 2nd Alarm: 1 BC, 4 ENG, 1 TK, 1 LIGHT & AIR, 1 MED

I don't know how exactly he wants to incorporate this in the game but that's what he's referring to.

Cali is definitely tough. We have very few rescues and don't put them on most calls anyways.

I think Missionchief is made for other parts of the US where rescues are scattered all around but I think Missionchief should work for anywhere in the world or at least the US for the most part.

That's why I think combination type units would be good

• Ladder Rescue
    • Mobile Air/Mobile Command Vehicle

We've seen combo units before like Rescue Engine, Pumper Tanker, etc. so I don't think it's too far fetched to think this kind of thing could be added.

If you use LSS-Manager you don't need to memorize. It could tell you a certain call needs 2 rescue units of any kind or 1 heavy rescue. The thing about making all of my engines rescue engines (I did that in the north zone of San Diego) is that the actual heavy rescue units at county fire stations have no use even tho they usually would assist on rescue calls.

In San Diego City, National City, Coronado, Imperial Beach, Bonita and Chula Vista combined there are 3 heavy rescue units available. I am fine with that but I would like to not send 2 of those 3 heavy rescues to a partial building collapse.

I have 3 ideas that have constantly popped up in my head I have 271 fire stations on my main account that covers all of San Diego County and the west side of Imperial County and a couple Riverside County stations. The different departments pose different problems for the Missionchief missions that I will list below, and my ideas on how to fix them.

Some areas do not utilize rescue units at all

I think one of the main issues I run into in Missionchief is trying to figure out how to get rescue units into areas that have no IRL rescue units. For example, the north zone of San Diego County does not use rescues. Vehicle accidents get a BC, 2 Engines, a Truck, and a medic. The truck has extrication equipment. In the rural parts of the north zone, they don't even send a truck. I'm able to use rescue engines up there which is fine by I would love to be able to utilize Platform Trucks/Quints in the north zone for most rescue incidents such as traffic collisions, extrication calls, medical emergencies on cranes, stuck climbers, etc.

I would like to keep some calls though from accepting the truck company as a rescue so maybe some calls could need a "Rescue Unit" or "Light Rescue" where a Utility, Truck Company, or Rescue Engine would suffice and others need a "Heavy Rescue" which only the Heavy Rescue and maybe the Rescue Engine could complete. I would say calls like Person Trapped Under Machine should need the Heavy Rescue or Full Building Collapse.

The response area of the rural stations of the counties should be much larger than the Metro stations

I've seen this idea brought up multiple times before but it is really something I would love to see in the game. Here are the suggestions.

• Add a checkbox in the dispatch centers that says "Allow all missions requiring expansions to be generated anywhere in the coverage zone" that would allow all specialty calls such as water rescue missions, forestry missions, medical missions, and all other expansions to be generated in any station's district not only the district of the station with the expansion.

In San Diego County there are only a couple Water Rescue units but there are lakes and rivers and a coastline all throughout the county so I would love to see this option. Additionally there are way less ambulance stations than normal stations in the county but obviously everywhere in the county has medical calls so I would love to see some areas where ambulances have extended ETAs because the closest station doesn't have a medic. I also think this would give more use to HEMS.

• Add a dropdown box similar to the "Maximum Distance of Alliance Missions (in KM)" that says "Maximum Distance from Stations for Mission Generation" that would allow you to make county fire stations generate missions further from the station and keep metro stations generating missions relatively closely. Maybe the options could be

• 1 km
      • 2 km
      • 5 km
      • 10 km
      • 15 km
      • 20 km
      • 25 km
      • 30 km
    • Also add a checkbox that allows you to disable the global radius for mission generation and choose by individual station for that dispatch center

Some areas do not utilize truck companies at all either

Some areas of the rural portions of San Diego County as well as Imperial County do not have truck companies at all. There are no structures taller than 2 stories so there is no need in most cases when ground ladders can reach everything. Instead of a structure fire getting 3 engines and a truck, it will get 4 engines. I think there should be a choice in the dispatch center to "Allow Engine to Perform Ladder Tasks" that maybe lessens the amount of money you get for those missions or something. Currently I just sprinkle some quints into the areas with no ladders and disguise them as engines but it seems like a cheap way to go about it.

(Note: I know the devs are busy and working on other stuff and these changes would take a lot of work to implement, but I think they would make this game even better and I would definitely have more motivation to build more rural stations if I knew I wasn't going to get calls right next to the station every time and I might get ALS calls in the BLS station areas and things like that. Good luck)