Posts by Alasizon

I was able to just successfully swap engines between a station. What type of vehicles are you trying to swap?

As far as the Mass Casualty vehicles, are you trying to move the fire version or rescue version?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find the 1 per day to be detracting from realistic growth. Sure it takes some time to setup new areas/stations but if you plan ahead, not a problem.

Every weekend the tasks vary slightly but it is usually something along the lines of "Train X number of personnel instantly using coins" or "Complete X number of extensions instantly using coins"

Are you complaining because you didn't reach all of the tasks? Note, some of the tasks every weekend require spending coins so if you are thinking you'll meet all the tasks without spending coins, that isn't the case.

And now for a mass casualty expansion:

Carbon Monoxide Leaks: [Missions Added IDs 750, 751, 752 & Overlay 752/a]

Vehicle Into Restaurant:

----

Mission Name: Shooting at Nightclub

Amount of Credits: 4,400

Expansion required (if applicable):

Time to complete: 15 Minutes

POI: Bar, Discotheque

Required Units: 10 Police Cars, 5 Ambulance, 2 K9, 2 Sheriff, 1 Fire Engine, 1 EMS Chief

Max Patients: 30

Minimum Patients: 3

Patient Category: Traumatology

Transport Probability: 35%

Prisoners: Min 0, Max 3

Upgradeable Missions: None

----

Apartment Building Collapses:

Its possible with Chrome that it is a memory leak somewhere within Chrome (Chrome is known for these sorts of issues and is a massive memory hog) based on other add-ins that you have installed. Unfortunately there is no real way for us on the forums to troubleshoot that.

With regards to crashing, that wouldn't be anything per say to do with the game but likely your browser. What browser version are you using?

As far as the LSSM setup goes, you have to click on extended alarm window in the top left corner of the settings tab which will take you to the settings for that feature.

Not everyone has/utilizes them as it requires a special training.

Much like police motorcycles, they are there to add realism but aren't mandatory.

They effectively are just a realism option for patrol car variation.

There are very few real world scenarios where a motorcycle unit is required over an actual patrol car (although I do know of a department that made all their traffic accident investigators also be motorcycle based)

Thanks everybody for the comments. I recognize it’s a range and there are averages, but my question was if some factors impact where in the range you land or if it’s totally random.

If it’s just a bunch of us players on here, all we can do is guess and observe. I was hoping to understand how the game actually was programmed.

Seems that nobody actually knows and the best we can tell is that it’s random in a range.

If you are asking if there are hard coded parameters that guarantee a higher payout, no. What we can all tell you though is that the algorithm has a range that it determines the payouts to be within and not every mission has the same variance.

Wildfires, Building Collapses and Train Station Collapses have very large ranges of possible payouts. Overall, it still averages out to pretty close to the prescribed payout.

The way I look at it with Wildfires is that the difficulty/complexity of terrain varies a lot in real life so the wide range compensates for that.

I don't think it's crazy to think that it's possible but on average I don't think it's going to be six ALS patients every time.

It isn't always six ALS. Possible patient codes show as:

29-A-1

29-B-1

29-B-2

29-B-3

29-B-4

29-B-5

29-D-2n

29-D-2p

29-D-3

29-D-6

29-D-7

29-D-8

29-D-9

Fall was definitely a harder one to choose - I based the Wildfire Outbreak option based on the # of acres burned in the West by month but as we all know, it is becoming wildfire season year round out West with the current drought.

I'd love to hear more ideas if anyone has any on seasonal options as my ideas certainly aren't the end all, be all.

I’d like to propose having seasonal alliance events either in addition to or replacing the generic “storm” option. As it stands right now, the existing choices need some company. It would add that touch of realism to be responding to a blizzard for instance during winter as opposed to just a generic “storm”.

Winter (December – February): Blizzard

Spring (March-May): Tornado Outbreak

Summer (June – August): Heatwave

Fall (September – November): Wildfire Outbreak

Blizzard Missions:

• Damaged Roof
    • Hypothermia
    • Traffic Accident – Ice
    • Car in Lake
    • Frostbite
    • Shoplifting
    • Loss of Heat in Residential Structure (details below)
    • Loss of Heat in Commercial Structure (details below)
    • Container Fire

Tornado Outbreak Missions:

• Tornado touchdown in rural area
    • Tornado touchdown in urban area
    • Damaged Roof
    • Ceiling Collapse
    • Glass shard embedded in hand
    • Serious injuries caused by glass
    • Person under Tree
    • Tree on the road
    • Falling Light Pole

Heatwave Missions:

• Heatstroke (or the Heat Stroke summer version)
    • Air Conditioner Fire (details below)
    • Loss of Air Conditioning in Residential Structure (details below)
    • Loss of Air Conditioning in Commercial Structure (details below)
    • Burning car
    • Drowning
    • Dehydration
    • Shoplifting

Wildfire Outbreak Missions:

• Little Field Fire
    • Large Field Fire
    • Small Wildfire
    • Medium Wildfire
    • Wilderness First Aid
    • Lightning Strike in Forest
    • Acute asthma
    • Cabin Fire
    • Neighborhood Evacuation (details below)

New Missions:

As someone who deals with abandoned luggage all the time, I can tell you the K9 and much less the ATF and FBI don't show up on the response. Usually a K9 is only called in if the bag is suspicious and I've never had the ATF show up for abandoned luggage. The FBI showed up once (out of 5,000 plus calls) but that was due to what was abandoned.

Now once the incident has progressed, that certainly changes who shows up, but not for the initial call.