Posts by WNYfirefighter

I have researched a good deal of the country and it's pretty much the same. Cascade system on a Heavy Rescue or other truck, hazmat equipment on the rescues, my county has a county wide hazmat team made up of members of the depts and doesn't have a HazMat truck, nor do we have a command truck. In fact within 100 miles in all directions I think there is maybe 5 command trucks. All the rest are command modules in SUVs or command desks in a Heavy Rescue. Mobile air units it's less in a larger radius because they are on the other trucks, most places don't waste money on a separate truck that would require even more people in an age when it's difficult to get crews.

Any chance on being able to put special equipment on one truck. In most places there isn't a HazMat truck or a huge command vehicle or a specific mobile air truck. It would make the game a whole lot more realistic to be able to expand a truck's function by adding a cascade system, extrication tools, EMS equipment, HazMat equipment, or a command center into a truck. In the US we have walk-in Heavy Rescues and Rescues in many places that have a command center inside them while those big bus like things are not very common in the majority of the country. Another improvement would be instead of a required amount of certain trucks just have them require at least one of the needed trucks and then a certain amount of manpower to put it out.

The US Coast Guard handles the rescues a certain distance off shores in the Great Lakes, Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and the Gulf of Mexico using both ships and choppers. Rescue Boats I would love to see, also the ability to add water rescue equipment to trucks and have a separate truck which some depts have. The dept I am starting with covers part of the Genesee River and has a dedicated Water Rescue truck but most depts that perform water rescue have the equipment on their Rescue or Heavy Rescue and some have a boat. ATVs would be a good way to handle Search and Rescue. That's what's used to rescue people from woods here and they are also used for Brush Fires.

And Light Rescues are generally a Pick-up chassis like a F-250 to F-450 with a small Rescue or Utility body with small amounts of rescue tools and in many cases carry special rescue equipment leaving space in a Heavy Rescue for a cascade system, fire equipment, and plenty of extrication tools including struts, cribbing, etc. Utilities are usually Pick-ups, SUVs or Vans for personnel transport or plowing any light duty stuff including traffic control.

EMS Chief's isn't a good suggestion. Most places don't have such a unit. USAR also is rare in most of the country. ATVs, Brush Trucks, Mini Pumpers, EMS courses to train personnel in the various levels of EMS, all a better idea.

Controlled burns are things set on fire and burned by the depts here as part of training. What you are referring to is more like a fire that is being overhauled. Controlled burns have way more than 2 Pumpers. Our last one had 3 Pumpers, 6 Pumper Tankers, 3 Tankers, 3 Heavy Rescues, 1 Rescue, 1 Fire Coordinator, and 2 Ambulances.

It's not always a fire truck. Sometimes it's another ambulance. My dept we don't even take a truck to assist EMS but we are the exception not the norm. Interhospital transfers between our own hospitals would be nice, it's very common in real life. Often a local ambulance will transport to the local hospital and then the county ALS units will transport to the city.

Adding beds which is how you expand your patient capacity is 19,000 credits each not 70,000.
    70,000 is the different things your hospital can completely handle.

As a person building in Rochester NY where AMR exists, they cover the whole city by posting Ambulances around the city in parking lots. Their actual base is in the extreme western end of the city, far from most of the city. AMR Buffalo does the same as does Monroe Ambulance in Rochester & Monroe County as well as Twin City Ambulance in Tonawanda/North Tonawanda. People doing those ones have to pay 200,000 for one of those posts that they might put one or 2 ambulances in. And 20+ posts at 200,000 each would get extremely expensive.

The US has many helicopter agencies. Our's is Mercy Flight Western, with the crew I mentioned. They also have an ambulance division that started in 2009 that operates out of 2 bases. My dept deals more with the helicopters than their ambulances, rarely do their ambulances make it this far into my county. Strokes are always Mercy Flighted from here because our county hospital doesn't do Nuero Surgery.

Helicopters in my area are 3 people. Piolet, co-pilot/flight medic, and flight medic. Doctors are not in the field here.
    Fly cars and Battalion chief vehicles should switch personnel assignment. There is no way 3 chiefs would be in one car. It's just the chief and his stuff.

That is way more than ever stands by around here. Fireworks gets a Pumper, carnivals, fairs, games or functions get a couple cops and at most a couple ambulances. I can't imagine anyone tying up that much at anything.

The reserves used by local cities are both in stations with active apparatus and in closed "Annex" locations that are former fire halls. Reserves aren't used in the rural county I live in, too much cost to keep a truck that isn't going to be used except at maybe a 7th Alarm fire during another 7th alarm fire. And no they aren't crewed in the career depts that use them, although some combination depts with limited apparatus have them slated for volunteer use, volunteer depts with them naturally don't crew any of their apparatus so of course the reserves aren't crewed in those.

Why fly car based with the helicopter? That doesn't really make sense, helicopters are for transporting people from long distances away from the care they need. Fly cars are for first response non-transport care (among the other trucks used on rescue calls like Pumpers and Rescues) and for getting a paramedic to a BLS ambulance to provide higher care. They don't really have anything to do with helicopters. Now ATVs I could see it being nice to have as they are for reaching places a chopper or ambulance can't get to and bringing the patient out.

The dept I belong to operates 2 Rescue Pumpers. The Heavy Rescue has been gone for a few years now, and 2 other depts have done the same with their Heavy Rescues, replaced them with Rescue Pumpers which in our rural area free up a Pumper Tanker to haul water. They take up less room at a scene too, 1 truck is smaller than 2.