Posts by Kaziya

I know we have a few different threads and thought about combining them somewhat. Some of these could be errors, but are corrected in next EMS release.

New Training:

EMS Academy - (New Building)

ONLY EMS Station Staff can be trained. EMS staff can be transferred between EMS Stations only, NOT able to transfer to Fire Stations.

• ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus (3 days)
    • Tactical Medic Training (4 days)
    • Hazmat Medic Training (3 days)

Fire Stations-

• ALS Medical Training for Fire Apparatus (3 days)

New Vehicles:

EMS Stations -

• EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance
    • Hazmat Ambulance
    • Tactical Ambulance

Fire Stations-

• EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance

ARR:

There are no options to select an EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance, Hazmat Ambulance or Tactical Ambulance individually like a firetruck, platform, etc.

Selecting an the following ARR's will happen if a vehicle is nearby.

• Patrol Car - Will tick the box for Tactical Ambulance.
    • HazMat - Will tick the box for Hazmat Ambulance.
    • Firetrucks - Will tick the box for EMS Engine Ambulance

What will NOT happen:

• EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance, Hazmat Ambulance and Tactical Ambulance will NOT have the box ticked when a ARR has ALS Ambulance.

• ** Verified by selecting ALS button with 1 ALS Ambulance requirement.
    • EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance, Hazmat Ambulance and Tactical Ambulance will NOT be selectable for Patient Transfer missions.
      • ** Verified by looking at units in area of call in the dispatch screen, call did show ALS units from same facility.
    • EMS Fire Engine/Ambulance, Hazmat Ambulance and Tactical Ambulance will NOT leave the station unless ALL assigned staff have appropriate education.
      • ** Verified by sending units out with non-trained staff.
    • Firetrucks with EMS Fire Engine /Ambulance trained staff, will NOT provide patient care.
      • ** Verified by other commenters on other posts.
    • Hazmat Ambulance will return to station that has a Hazmat requirement but no patients.
      • ** Verified by sending Hazmat Amb to Overturned Tanker Truck mission with no patient prior to Hazmat truck arriving. It was noted the Hazmat Amb returned to station prior to end of mission.
    • Tactical Ambulance will return to station that has a Patrol Car requirement but no patients.
      • ** Verified by sending Tac Amb to Caller Hang Up mission.

What WILL Happen:

• Tactical Ambulance will STAY onsite for a mission that has a Patrol Car requirement and patients. WILL count towards Patrol Car requirement.
      • **Verified by sending Tac Amb to Active Shooter mission. *** UPDATE it was noted at some point during the mission the Tac Amb did leave the scene. It was not noted if the unit did treat a patient or not; with it leaving it reopened the requirement for a Patrol Car. *** UPDATE it was also noted that on calls with multiple patients, patrols, and fire on the scene; that when sending the Tac Amb to transport, it will REMOVE the patrol car count, thus potentially needing to send a patrol car to finish the mission. It is recommended to transport all pt's prior to transporting the pt in the Tac Amb.
    • Tactical Ambulance will Treat on a mission that has a patient.
      • **Verified by sending Tac Amb to Stroke mission. It was noted on the Stroke mission, Tac Amb treated and mission ended successfully. This mission is 100% transport. but it did not transport instead, returned to station.
    • Hazmat Ambulance will STAY onsite for a mission that has a Hazmat requirements and NO patients; WHEN acting as Hazmat Personnel.
      • ** Verified by sending Hazmat Amb to Unknown Tanker Spill mission.
    • Hazmat Ambulance will STAY onsite for a mission that has a Hazmat requirements and patients.
      • ** Verified by sending Hazmat Amb to Overturned Tanker Truck mission.
      • *** HOWEVER, on a Chlorine Exposure mission; the EMS Hazmat will ONLY act as an ambulance. Hazmat truck must roll. Mission did NOT recognize the Hazmat trained staff on the EMS Hazmat unit until Hazmat truck arrived. Once the Hazmat truck arrived in was noted the Hazmat Amb had left the scene after treating a patient, the mission had 2 patients, 1 left on scene untreated until ALS Amb that was dispatched arrived.

Kinda lengthy and will leave it at this for now.

Actually we have the following in the US not all states recognize all of them:

First responder / Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)

Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Levels:

EMT-B Basic

EMT-I Intermediate

EMT-A Advanced

Paramedic (Medic)

Paramedic - Critical Care

Paramedic - Tactical -- I have seen the training requirements of these as they are not widely taught and wow some training requires being blind folded and search a room, triaging and treating patients.

1) But, on a sever cardiac issue, the patient won't enter the hospital via the main entrance but via the ER, right ? Or is there an ambulance door for emergencies but not ER Dept related ? I see the hospital building in game as the ER entrance, treating patients before sending them to the appropriate service (neuro, cardio, gyneco, etc...) Maybe also because it's how it works here.

2) As I would like to see a Helipad extension to allow (or not) HEMS to land at a hospital instead of "all hospitals". ;)

3) This is interesting. Now I'm curious to see official documentations to entirely learn how it works... ^^

1) The hospitals I delivered to were varied. "typically" the ER is attached to the ambulance bay or what they called an ambulance bay. However I know of a hospital actually two .. well the one may have closed where the ER was down the hall and crossed a or the main hallway of a hospital. If you came out of ambulance bay and came to the cross roads if you went left or right then its the hospital. Go Straight and take one of the first two doors on the left was the ER rooms. Come to think of it that hospital I was thinking about closed was the ER doors were also the main doors. That ER was in the doors to the left then take a right on the main hallway go to the next wallway turn right and the ER was down the short hallway. lol

2) Amen

3) Yeah, if they would only make them public. Rather than asking for them and going through an inquisition.

or another one is...

A call for Hazmat and has a patient, would allow to select a HazMat/Amb rather than just HAZmat or Ambulance in the event there is a regular HazMat unit in or nearby. I suspect that if I select that ARR that hasa HazMat unit it could pick the regular unit over the Hazmat/Amb.

Could you please detail what exactly you would like to do ?

Sure,

I have a ARR for Road accident calls out a fire engine and an ALS unit. I would rather assign a Engine/EMS unit rather than two units. With no Engine/EMS as line item of number of different units it cannot be done to my knowledge

(1) : Sure, I'm an Ambulance Auxiliary (the lowest rank of Ambulance workers here) and I'm agree with that. But, in the game, ambulances are only transporting emergency rated patients. Those patients need to be in an ER first even if it's the lowest emergency grade. Only a patient transfer or any IFT's, medical appointments are not delivered to the ER.

(2) : So the ingame hospital is not acurate and should have extensions like a Trauma departement with it's own beds ?

(3) : Sure, but are those protocols allow a higher patient capacity temporarly for hospitals ?

1). When I have delivered pt for Child Birth or even Cardiac events they would not go to the ER instead go to Birthing centers or surgery center depending on severity. Cardiac was 50/50 depending on Cath Lab being currently staffed or called in. If staff was onsite would transfer directly to the Cath Lab otherwise ER. With that said I viewed the hospital in game as a hospital where beds could be mental/Child Birth/Cardiac etc not specifically ER.

2). I would love to see that as an option is an extension for Trauma Center and yes additional bed just for that.

3). Yes, they would clear larger capacity rooms and/or bring in mass cass vehicles for bed space.

Looking for an answer here: can you train tactical medics and put them onto a regular ALS ambulance, and still close the missions that require tactical medics?

what missions require tac medics? I have not seen them yet.

IMO : It will do the same thing with ... Hazmat or command vehicule without the required training.

About the Sheriff/K9 thing, it's because in the mission code, the mission requires 1 unit (with a trained personnel) and not only one trained personal.
    Like some SWAT required missions that requires only an # amount of SWAT personnel and not a SWAT unit (like the LSA Mission does).

the calls that called for a patrol and a k9, for testing purposes I would send a regular patrol and a Sheriff/K9 trained in a sheriff unit and the mission would not complete unless a K9 vehcile with trained person arrived. I tried many angles on that lol.

My question would be do you need a fully staffed rig with ALS trained staff. Some agencies only have one trained paramedic on a rig?

And I’m hoping the intent is for a trained staff on an engine to act similarly as a fly-car.

most agencies I have worked with or know only have 1 Paramedic aka ALS in each rig along with an EMT aka BLS. Rare to find more than one medic in a rig, but they are out there.

So, if it's not working as you said (and as it should), this point needs to be reported to the staff.

Actually now that I think about this. That might be accurate where those units wont treat patients. Here is why....

I tested a theory a couple moths ago with training personnel as Sheriff and K9. I placed them in a K9 unit and they responded appropriately to K9 calls. I sent those units out to Sheriff calls but did NOT count as Sheriff as they were not in Sheriff vehicles. I swapped them to Sheriff cars and they counted as sheriff but not as K9 on applicable calls. They were bound to calls based on the vehicle. So I suspect that FF trained ALS wont be a benefit unless assigned to Engine / Amb rigs. In which case I wonder if you assign an regular non-trained FF in a Engine Ambulance if the unit would even leave the station?

I guess so but this need a confirmation.
    I'm asking this to reproduce with more fidelity the medical response of the area I play (Santa Clara County) wher a first response unit is responding alongside of a county ambulance (the first response unit can be a Type 1, a Truck, even a Hazmat truck or whatever is available) . I won't made any move without any sure infos, especially with a "Part 1" content pack release... ;)

very true

But how much Regional trauma centers represents in a State within all hospitals ? What percentage ? Because all hospitals are not Trauma centers and all hospitals don't have a large ER capacity.
    What is the average capacity of all ER departments in the entire US ? What is the percentage of hospital with more than 30 ER spots in normal conditions ?
    Do the US EMS use specific plans on mas-cas situations ? In France we do have special plans to temporarly rise up the patient capacity of our ER's.
    If there are similar things in the US, then we should propose some temporary features to improve patient capacity ?
    🤔

You are correct that not all hospitals are Trauma Centers and not all hosiptals have large ER departments. I would not view hospital beds as ER beds. There are many times that paients delivered via ambulance are not delivered to the ER. That is a fact I used to be an EMT and had to deliver pt to other departments. I am not sure you can fairly judge an average capacity of ER's across a country as the more remote hospitals have only a few beds for ER and others in more heavily populated areas have much larger er beds. Plus the fact that Trauma Centers have thier own beds and that count depends on the class of Trauma Center they are rated for to include requirements for certain specialties bineg available 24/7. Most hospitals have Mass Cass protocols, of course they are not the same across the board due to resources.

Fire Engine Ambulance is also in the Volusia County Fire Rescue since a while .

I'm also very confused with the ALS training for FF's and I have the same question (if ALS trained FF car handle a medical call like a flycar if they are in a regular Truck (and whatever the truck used, from the Type1, Type3, Plateforme Truck, ect...)).
    I already suggested to write a FAQ article with new vehicles specifications, differences with actual ALS/BLS Ambulances, and all relative question we can have like here.

I suspect if a FF has the ALS training and there is a patient then they could treat the patient (get that timer going) if no Amb is onsite. Then if the pt is to be transported then an applicable unit will need to be onsite. I have seen pt get assgined to fire units on scene when amb have not arrived. So when a trained person is on site the timer goes down for each pt being treated. Could be huge for the rural sites if the ff are trained ems and it takes time for a rig to arrive. Now to further complicate things is if BLS arrives and the pt requires ALS service does the FF qualify that like a fly car with an ALS person. hmm something to test but I do not have BLS anymore I cut them out

Oh, that makes a lot more sense. so hopefully in the next part, we can train ppl to be put in regular fire engines... very confusing honesty never heard of an engine which can also transport lol.

I think you can. There is training in the Fire Academies' now for ALS Medical training For Fire Apparatus.