Posts by FirefighterDetroit

Actually I learned a couple of weeks ago that only the command center knows what the unit numbers are the units in Tokyo are not numbered on the outside of the units the only thing the units say are Tokyo Fire Department. It is only through the dispatch/ command center that the units are numbered. Though I would love to hear more from you on this since you may know more than m e about it.

I think that it should only require an engine if there is a patient. The only time an engine responds without EMS assistance is if there is a fuel leak. Otherwise make a non injury accident a PD only call.

Not true as an engine in my department gets called out to all accidents with or without EMS responding which actually does not occur as an Ambo in my department gets called out to all accidents if they are reported to be an emergency call not one called in by someone calling the pd for a light fender bender, that is a non emergency accident.

Hello, I have a question for anyone who lives in Tokyo Japan and speaks English. My question is for the Tokyo Fire Department how can you identify the unit number? I have tried to locate the units number by trying to locate it in some response from station videos but have not been able to find it. I was wondering if you can help me locate it.

I think rather than changing it so that it is required that a platform truck or heavy Rescue have to attend every car crash as in my opinion that is just stupid as these are resources that could be better used elsewhere, I also think if we gave heavy rescues and ladders extrication gear although it might be realistic it would take away from overall gameplay as there is a nice upgrade structure to the game currently. I definitely think there should be changes to the personnel in vehicles, the changes I would make would be these:

Fire fire

• Type 1: leave the same
    • Type 2: 1-4
    • Platform truck: 1-6
    • Heavy Rescue: 1-6
    • Chief: leave the same
    • Water tanker: leave the same
    • Mobile air: leave the same
    • Utility: leave the same
    • Hazmat: leave the same
    • Mobile command: leave the same
    • ARFF: 1-4

For police I think changes should be

• Patrol car: leave the same
    • SWAT: 2-6
    • Police helicopter: leave the same

For ambulance

• Ambulance: leave the same
    • Fly cars: leave the same
    • HEMS: 3

Even though the game doesn't require platform trucks to respond I do it anyways, you're in luck as Chicago has it set up this way as well an the response for Chicago for an accident is a engine or a truck and an ambo and some times a squad automatically responds or it goes that one engine and a truck responds with an ambo.Chicago actually has a guideline for a pin in accident which includes a squad. This one I can prove right off the bat. I can also see where you are coming from for responses and personnal.

Well if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see these guidelines you're viewing please.

Sorry can't forum rules say you can't send links to third party websites. Anyways just look up FDNy response guidelines. Bottom line is I'm done with you trying to argue with me. I'm done talking after this post because I hate having someone arguing with me about something a real FDNY firefighter knows about his own department. I'm also realizing this is getting off topic and we should be talking on topic.
    Lastly heres a screen shot that proves this. It was posted on one of the websites with the response guidelines but someone removed the source.

I too would be interested in reading this.
    However this is getting very off topic. The OP states that the game has a very German feel to it and he is correct. Limits of 3 people to a "platform truck" or a "rescue truck" are more of a german styling and not accurate to the united states way. The end all be all is departments in the united states have about as much flexibility in how they run their departments, they run them how the desire to run them. I agree with the OP that I would like to see some adjustments to make the apparatus more american.

Btw FirefighterDetroit, you are a captain in Chicago, did you transfer to Detroit?

No I'm not a firefighter in any of these cities.

It just isn't correct lol, a vehicle's fireground assignment largely depends on what the IC needs at the time and what resources are available. FDNY will automatically assign a truck as a FAST truck when they dispatch that truck on the box, but it can be any unit assigned to the box that operates as the FAST. If a firefighter calls a mayday then the rescue and the squad might be called to assist depending on the type of mayday and tools needed. But aside from that, Rescues can serve on any calls. They make up part of the FDNY collapse rescue units, consisting of a rescue company and a collapse rescue truck which respond to, well, building collapses. They handle scuba rescue, rope rescue, train derailments, airplane emergencies, really bad accidents, anything that requires special rescue equipment.

Tell it to the FDNY I'm going by what I read and by the way IC even made it this way. You can disagree all you want but the FDNy response guidelines are not wrong because ther FDNy made them this way. By the way the guy that posted the response guidelines is a real FDNY firefighter I'm pretty sure a real FDNY firefighter would know what his own department does.

I'm not sure where you learned that but FDNY's seven rescue trucks (one per borough and, last I knew, two reserve rescues, 6 and 7) respond to incidents not just for firefighters, they handle regular jobs on a fireground and respond to special rescue assignments that would require specialized training or rescue equipment. Which, NYPD ESU may respond to as well since they ALSO have that same specialized rescue equipment. In fact there has been a longstanding bitter rivalry between the FDNY and NYPD ESU for a long time now because of it.
    Squads and rescues can do the same duties, and fill in for what roles are needed on the fireground by the IC depending on resources at the time. Both personnel are trained at the rescue school and are FDNY SOC units, but Squads can function as an engine co., a truck co., and a rescue co.. But, unlike a rescue co., squad personnel are HazMat techs also, the main reason the FDNY recreated the squad co. in the late '90s, it needed a unit capable of handling something biological in the case of another attack. The second vehicle assigned to the squad companies stores their HazMat equipment.

That's what I read it's posted on this one website that has the basics of the FDNY alarm response guidelines it specifically stated that the departments seven rescues are there not for civilians but for the firefighters themselves.

Not sure where you read the part where they were all engines with utility trucks, FDNY operates all heavy rescue apparatus for their rescue units. It is true that a rescue goes to all structure fire calls (not sure if just working fires or all first alarms) and I cannot speak to FDNY but they may be used for search and rescue of a building for civilian rescue or RIT team, RIT meaning rapid intervention team, (sometimes called RIC) for firefighter rescue. But in reality any apparatus should be able to handle a RIT assignment.

FDNY operates very differently than other departments do the Rescues are not for regular civilians the Rescues are for thre firefigters in case they are needed if you are looking for a rescue that is for civilians you would be looking at the departments 6-8 squads which are all regular engines but respond in two piece sets an engine and a utility truck.

I can't really say for sure as I don't know that much about how the FDNY operate however I know they only have I think about 6 rescues, in a city with a population of 8.4 million there is no way a Rescue can attend every car accident, as for ladders I think the reason they attend collisions is not because it's a response requirement but because a ladder in the US can carry just as many people as an engine and it carries extrication gear so it gets dispatched as a engine rather than a ladder to car accidents.

I do remember reading somewhere that Rescues are sent out to all structure fires but they aren't for rescuing regular people they are actually there for the firefighters it's something that the FDNY started since the World Trade Center bombing back in 93. I don't the department's 6-8 squads (cannot remember exactly how many squads the FDNY has anymore but I believe they have around 6-8 of them but heres the kicker they are regular fire engines but they respond with a utility truck that carries you know supplies) respond to car accidents.

As EFD has stated it's hard trying to push water missions through I can tell you why, it's because it's nearly impossible to implement them in water because of Open street maps theGerman version has no problem with open street maps because the German version does not use open street maps. As EFD stated all the admins can do is try to keep pushing water missions in the game and hopefully Sebastian will budge by coming up with something to combat the open street maps problem. Lastly I would love to see a SCUBA Dive Team Unit, Air Sea Rescue units which include Fast Rescue Boat, Rescue Boat, helicopter, and lastly would love to have Fire boats added to the game. The SCUBA team unit I'm talking about is one that looks like this this one is from the CFD obviously if you couldn't tell.

It is in the game, it's under large scale alliance missions

No it's not I'm talking about having the feature of adding calls to the game just like they did for alliance missions. I'm not talking about having to do an alliance mission and for everyone to come in from an alliance and provide assistance. This is a great idea to add to the game because you can do historic fires but I think it should be limited down though so people just don't keep creating calls just to not do the ones the game already has.

I would actually like something like this me in the game I'm located in Chicago and so ill viable to recreate both of the Great fires among other historical fires or the 1977 Loop train derailment. So it'll be easier to see what it would look like to fight the fires that would have been a challenge back in the 1800's and see if it would actually be possible to stand up to something like the Great fires in modern day.

1. it's just one guy only managing all three games/versions2. there is a german (http://www.leitstellenspiel.de), the dutch version (http://www.meldkamerspel.com) and the us one - but there is no italian one ^^ (There was even a russian version once).

All three are completely different, even if they are about the same topic. Because there is just one dev, the other versions (us/nl) will get their updates a little bit delayed compared to the german version.
    Also, there is no way to copy things from the german version into the others since there are almost no similarities.

I thought I saw the italian flag but I must of been wrong.

Yup @FirefighterDetroit, that pack contains a number of assets which I have used for my edits. Can confirm they are London colour-scheme.

*edit* If you wanted more than what the graphics pack allows (i.e. the range of vehicles I've uploaded and will continue to upload) then let me know what you're after. But if you simply want to use a standard graphics pack the the Generic London | UK graphics pack is perfect :)

Thanks I was looking for a generic type pack but the problem with Potty's is I don't see the type of graphic you posted for the ALP, among a few others.