Posts by FirefighterDetroit

Unknown spills are actually very common. Negligence is the cause of many hazmat incidents. In addition, the paperwork may not be available (If the SDS is in the cab of a truck leaking chemical I'm not going to walk up and get it), and the placards may not be visible from either a vapor cloud or the position of the truck. There are ways to figure it out, it just may not be initially available.

actually no by the way I am a firefighter-EMT in real life so I know this one because I specalize in hazmat, in fact you will be walking up to get it with SCBA on (and in a hazmat suit if you department supplies it of course) and you will have to get it because it is vital to get that information in order to know what to do, and actually we have a way to identify a chemical just by looking at the type of trailer it is, we just look in our ERG under trailers and we can find every single chemical and what it is and how to respond to it. If it's showing vapors then its a gas, if it's spewing out without vapors then it's most likely a commercial chemical. Lastly paperwork is always available because by law you have to carry paperwork with you when you handle the chemical it's law sorry but it is what it is that law was made to help us out when we are responding to this stuff.

Not exactly no an unknown tank spill will not be a chlorine gas accident as chlorine gas will never be stored in a commerical tanker truck it needs a more reinforced steel to handle it or it will be unstable to handle in the first place and second of all this incident would never occur as all tanker trucks and tanker railroad cars by law have to be placarded no matter where in the world you live whether you live in the U.S. which you follow DOT's law or you follow the UN law which applies to the rest of the world.

5 minutes heh well welcome to Chicago 5 minutes for my game is actually not too bad for a response time. Now I used to have an account that took place in New York for the FDNY now if you are thinking 5 minutes is long try waiting 7 minutes for an average response time New York streets are so messed up it screws up response times not to mention how all of but one firehouse has one engine so when you send out units for a call you are sending 5 to 8 firehouses on a run the only firehouse in the FDNY to have more than one engine is located in the bad part of Brooklyn and it only has two engines. I find that Chicago is way more organized as they don't have like five different alarm response guides to follow for one exact type of building instead they follow a different set of reponse guidelines to follow which is way more easier to understand then how the FDNY does it, for example a gas leak in the FDNY guidelines is that you send 3 engines and 2 trucks while for Chicago you send a engine a truck and a buggy (A.K.A Battalion).

Maybe add false alarms and prank calls because you know not every single time someone calls an emergency number it will always turn out to be a real emergency. So heres what I'm thinking since the game was spoken of being more dynamic why not hae some emergency calls turn out to be a false alarm some times or be a prank call the units arrive to find that some one thought there was a fire or emergency but it turns out they were wrong or something you can still recieve credits for responding and sending units but maybe it won't be a big amount of creditss maybe like 500 or something like that. Also maybe we can get more missions added to the game like high-rise fires or maybe add missions that could require more units maybe the requirement to obtain these new missions would be to have more than 13 firehouses but they will not require any new appratus then already specified they can be for us people that have departments in bigger cities that have more than 13 firehouses.

Hey Krys I was wondering if you can make a graphic pack for Chicago Fire Department, Chicago Police Department, and Chicago EMS as my department in the game is based in Chicago. Thanks