Posts by Scottybbooyy

Coastguard is part of the UK SAR framework alongside Mountain Rescue, Lowland Rescue and Cave Rescue.

To give an update, things are looking slightly more positive. I hope to properly work something out with the devs next week. But for this weekend it’s time to chill out

That's awesome, hopefully things continue to improve. Thanks for keeping us updated.

No point reporting this here, contact the devs and the alliance staff if it bothers you. Or just change alliances or block the dude? Not sure why you brought it to the forum.

Nothing is being done about it as he says, so I presume he's brought it here in hopes someone pays attention. Obviously he's not aware of the Devs lack of care for the forums, however.

Hello all, as you all know I try and be as upfront and honest with you regarding the game as I can be. Unfortunately things are in my view deteriorating in the communication and willingness to listen to the content we put forwards. My first thing to be honest with you all about is I am starting to get to the end of my tether with this and I am seriously considering stopping. The hours put in are not being reflected in the content being produced.

I was recently told that content should only be of the emergency services dispatched through a control room. This has ruled out SAR, MR, Highways etc if they go ahead with this which I have tried to tell them. They feel that these as I called them tier 2 services aren’t emergency so don’t fit the game.

Limiting it to only control room services basically means the game is done being expanded. Although, on second thought, maybe that's the devs' goal? Maybe they want to stop adding to UK, so they can focus on the "other 24 versions" that we constantly hear about as a reason not to fix things? Not to be a conspiracy theorist or anything, but having the UK game finished so that they can ignore this version completely sounds like it'd be beneficial to them.

Quote from TACRFan

This was all in response to them being airports forward to be added to the game. It’s no secret that we on the UK team feel airports had no real depth when added to the US game and didn’t want a repeat in the UK version. So we had planned to add airside safety, ops, and security alongside airport fire to almost make airports stand-alone to a degree.

When I tried to explain that players want additional services such as tow trucks and the like that support the emergency services, and that I could do a poll to see if players like the airport, I was told that the forums only represent a minority of players which I think is so disrespectful to everyone who suggests things on here, clearly Facebook players are more valued than you are.

Everyone wants a more in-depth update, and this has always been voiced. As for the FaceBook vs Forums, while they might have 1.6k followers on FaceBook, they get way less interaction than on the forums. A typical FB post gets <10 likes, and even update posts dont always get more than 10 comments, including those by the page itself! Forums get way more activity than FB, and as such, are the bigger "minority" of players.

Quote from TACRfan

Combine all of this with the lack of movement on both the ambulance standown bug, and the QOL pack which I am repeatedly pushing. I am starting to get the feeling that myself, and my teams voluntary services are not viewed favourably in the eyes of the devs anymore.

I feel personally that I have let the community down on this,

Sorry

The fact that the EMS Standown isn't fixed yet is also ridiculous, we pay for that, but the devs clearly don't care. QOL pack was watered down somewhat from what we asked, but we expected that and hoped in return this would mean a quicker pack release, clearly not. The community team hasn't been valued by the devs for as long as I've been playing the game, never listened to, always twisted, and downright disrespected. You've done nothing to let us down, don't be sorry.

Just for clarification from UK game:

Container units have their own slots on UK - The vehicle that loads the containers (prime movers) use 1 vehicle slot, and the containers have their own slots under expansions "Swap body parking space" (up to 12).

I am not sure how to use LSSM, if you can point me in the right direction, or forward it to the dev team and see if they can add it as a feature that would be great. (if not, perfectly fine)

https://proxy.lss-manager.de/v4/docs/en_US/

https://discord.gg/RcTNjpB

I believe the specific thing you're looking for here would be the module "Extended Building View", and settings:

That will give the following things (circled, or well, squared?):

I have a problem with the way these work. When I say i need a certain amount of units, say 8 engines, 3 ladders, and 3 heavy rescues. It will send quints and platforms both as ladders and same with the rescue engine and heavy rescue vehicle, and use up more resources than necessary. Is there a way that this system can be changed to allow us to turn off certain units or change it to where you can tell it to stop sending units after the requirement has been met?

This way im not sending resources that arent needed to large incidents that make keeping track of units hard (I.E. Large Cargo Plane Fire with Oil Leak).

This would be nice but it'd be really complex for it to be implemented so that the ARR works out exactly, with all the possible solutions for some of them.

I think the "boat" thing needs to be revamped anyway. The other day I had a mission generate for a boat fire on a waterway (lake) and it was in the downtown portion of a city where there was not even any water.

This has been said before, there isn't a way for the game to tell water vs land. I dont see this ever being "fixed", just something we have to live with.

Couldn't you simply update the front end? Internally it can be still called rescue or whatever internally, but what gets shown to the user can be changed to just ambulance? This should be possible as far as Im aware?

The Jankel is an M-RAV, yes. Specifically, I believe the vehicle you refer to that the Met and Essex use is actually called "The Guardian M-RAV", made by Jankel.

This is quite a clunky solution, people wanted the PSU carries to count as a IRV but now they dispatch as one.
    I have 100 PSU carriers accross my setup and to assign each one to a individual class would be teedious and slow.

It would be better if they just reverted it to how it was and for players to send an aditional IRV.

That might work for a PSU. However, putting inspectors,medics,sergeants,etc into an IRV will still require a custom class :)

Did anyone get this special task for the bank holiday? I never saw it, and other people in the LSSM Discord seem to have not gotten it either.. Maybe it was a bug and didn't get set?

Thanks Scotty. I have just checked and all my possible missions are ‘green’. That’s what I don’t really understand, Every single mission that’s on that list I get without any POIs set.

You must have the setting enabled to "Use others POIs"!

Correction! That page doesn't count POI requirements!! My bad!

Unfortunately, people are free to run their alliances how they wish, in this case it seems the alliance admin has taken a series of bad decisions, however, nothing that is against the games rules. It's not like he's being racist or anything, he's just being a bit of a tool.

Sadly, the only thing you can do is go join a different alliance, hopefully one with a better admin team.