Posts by FlyingTrumpetGuy

I have 2 but not sure they are worth having anymore as I guess you can have a Building Complex now.

What you could do is just leave them as basic ambulance stations and then train the people from the combined stations so you at least have some specialized EMS staff without spending as much money just for 2 standalone stations.

An EMS Academy would be worth it *only if you have standalone ambulance stations*. If you have combination Fire/EMS stations, then just use the fire academy, it has the same lessons but you cannot teach stand-alone EMS personnel.

That’s a really interesting concept! I can see this being useful for international task forces as well, especially if the devs implement that USAR vehicle request ;) However, I think 8 vehicles is a bit much. C-27Js definitely can’t carry that much, and even C-130s would likely struggle beyond 2 or 3. I think 3 vehicles would be much more realistic. It’s also possible that it could accommodate more small vehicles than large (for instance, 4 Type 5-7 brush units, 2 type 1 engines, or only 1 heavy rescue or platform truck.)

Hey! I know I’ve already requested ATVs, but I thought of another interesting unit- rehabs and canteens! Rehabs and canteens are units that are critical to larger events- they don’t play an active role in rescue or fire suppression, but they do support the firefighters involved with massive operations. Rehabs are units (usually converted buses) which typically contain medical staff and some basic amenities. They perform tasks ranging from a simple check-up to deciding if the firefighter needs to see a doctor. They provide basic medical treatment for heat-related illness, smoke inhalation, and other common fireground injuries or ailments. In short, they’re critical vehicles on large fires. Canteens are effectively food trucks- they provide food and drink to firefighters responding to large events. They’re not glamorous, but these units would definitely increase the realism of the game, especially for those who strive to produce an exact replica of their region.

I've been tracking a local fire department's callouts for about 20 days now and they've sent their platform truck or their rescue to CO investigations several times, but smoke investigations get a very large response- ambulances, battalion chiefs, engines, platforms. They don't mess around. I'm not saying we should have to do that but I AM saying that *CO* callouts should not be unit-specific.

Hey there! My county has a lot of stations that have all-terrain-vehicles, and while I can make do with fly-cars and type 7 brush units, I think creating a new vehicle type would be very useful. Maybe it would be a low-cost expansion, or maybe not. My idea is this: it would be a towed unit like a light boat trailer EXCEPT if it was within a short distance of the station- say 5 miles. There would be several types of ATVs available- EMS, fire, and combination. EMS ATVs would essentially be fly-cars, but cheaper. They would also have a higher crew capacity - 6. The fire ATVs would essentially function as type 7 brush units, but with the same higher capacity. These would be fairly low-cost units, maybe 2,000-3,000 credits. The combination unit would combine the 2, and the cost would be higher, maybe 5,000-6,000 credits. I think this would be useful for many calls, and I hope to see it added to the game in the near future!