Posts by TheNavalAuxiliary

Sorry to be pedantic, but Glasgow Airport is the only one capable of routinely accepting Code F passenger aircraft. Prestwick could, but its terminal is tiny so all it gets are some Ryanair 737s. The airfield is big enough at Prestwick though, but it's mostly cargo and military that go in there.

As for Edinburgh, it's tiny. Code E only, not F. I can't find any references to a Code F ever landing there - the taxiways are too narrow and the stands aren't designed for them. For the purpose of this game however, I would classify Edinburgh as "large" to get bigger missions as they do still routinely have 777s and 787s.

Prestwick gets cargolux 747s daily, Edinburgh may not see A380s regularly but I've found sources proving it is still capable - they all must still technically be classed as an F if they're capable of such aircraft

A lot of terms I imagine are carried over from the American port, which is why we have the likes of fire truck, rescue for ambulance, etc (and yes fire engine is the British term)

Large will cover Code B-F in game, Medium A-C, Small A-B. Glasgow would be Code F (which has always confused me as their fire service doesn’t really have enough resources to handle an A380, but here we are haha) Edinburgh would be an E as far as I’m aware. Although if it handles 748 then it’s F

Edinburgh is an F indeed yes, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Prestwick are the only F ones in Scotland

good luck with the island airports (there are so many island ones that you need to literally scavenge the internet to find info on, believe me I tried making an airport list earlier this year)

SFRS Ford Transit MRV
    PS Close Protection Team BMW X5
    ABZ Airport Fire C&C Shogun
    PS Command Unit (Nigg)
    ABZ Airside Ops Shogun

Images

• GP02.png
    • OPS2.png
    • OPS1.png
    • PSCU2.png
    • PSCU.png
    • CC02.png
    • CC01.png
    • CPT02.png
    • CPT01.png
    • GP01.png

Scottish Ambulance Pod Carrier - Welfare Unit & Mass Cass

Images

• MC2.png
    • PC2.png
    • PC1.png
    • MC1.png
    • WLF002.png
    • WLF001.png

These are medical equipment trailer is an airport only unit, available with the Airfield Operations expansion. The cycle responder is not meant for HART bases - only ambulance stations.

they should be possible to be based at HART IMO as back when SAS actually did cycle response it was SORT bases that stored them iirc, I'd rather not have to build an extra ambulance station just for some bicycles (even though it's mostly irrelevent in Scotland)

That would still come under small. I wasn't going to split it any more than small/medium/large as it would just be too complicated for what it's worth. And besides, some of the Code B aircraft are more capable than one Code A.

Ooooh if only it were so simple. Unfortunately that works for some but not all. For example, Heathrow has no mention of their resourcing. A tweet a while ago that their AFRS put out has callsigns on. As for other airports, research, time and photos are going to be the best tools.

I see, I remembered discussions on smaller rural airstrips prior to the update and wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be further developed later on

just to be clear if it only qualifies as A and not B airfields then what is it an extra small lol - and just to some of my findings Edinburgh, Glasgow & Prestwick should all be large as they can land the A380. I'll make a list of my findings on appliances, field lengths, etc for Scottish airports when i can