Posts by TheNavalAuxiliary

There will be a comprehensive pack covering a significant portion of the UK search and rescue framework.

Obviously things will be worded differently so we can not call things HMCG, RNLI or Lowland Rescue due to trademark issues

Does certainly sound like the update would be very comprehensive, happy to see the staff are doing a good job at planning some of the content surrounding it so far

That's answered brilliantly cheers

I've completed the UK Coastguard Content and just finalising the missions to go with the pack before submitting.

There may be a few similarities however please remember the two services are entirely different.

I have priced it so its affordable and practical for all members, hopefully when implemented the prices stay the same :)

Out of interest is there any possibility of knowing how response vehicles will be set out in a CG update? Would we just see a simple general CG rescue vehicle or will it be more in-depth with officers & operational support vehicles as set out in the HMCG's 2019 public fleet list?

Or is it a secret haha

Yeah police command units is something I would like to see and would work like the ambulance one where it just fulfils the command vehicle requirement so you could send either service. It will probably be part of a “realism” pack (not sure what else to call it) where it will add in vehicles that can’t really make their own pack out of but would be nice for players to have. A bit like motorcycles and pedal bikes. Same for ambo with bicycles and motorbikes etc

This would be a great way to implement them imo

Not sure if this has been discussed which is why I'm making a post on this- is Police planned to get mobile command units/stations in the future? I find it a struggle sourcing command units as I have two fire ones spread distantly across two regions, can't use my ambulance one as there's no SRV/ICCU combo ingame, and can't use police ones as obviously they aren't a thing yet.

Is this something we'd see in near future or something further along the way? I'd imagine they'd work very similarly to the existing command units and it would be realistic for some major incidents that require multiple ICCU's (e.g. large aircraft crash off airport)

Like how rrv/Cfr/corespknder are basically teh same I would like to see a SORT Wru, possibly as a extension to a hart base and large ambulance station, however not one at a small one

A HART WRU/PRV vehicle would not go amiss, even if it was as I mentioned in the original post only a basic water rescue level.

I'd also like to see a HART WRU, and even though you probably won't find any in England, this is the UK version and thus it should cater to all parts of the country. Plus, an extra unit couldn't hurt could it?

In relation to this, staff have already said they want to implement more things with duplicated uses just for variety & users' sake. SORT can accompany RNLI and are the primary inland water rescue unit with fire.

While Water Rescue has been extensively discussed throughout the forum I don't think I've seen anyone suggest this particular aspect. In Scotland and I expect other services throughout the UK we operate on a Level 1-3 basis for Water Rescue. With L1 being basic and every station being trained in it, L2 being specially selected stations, and L3 being the Water Rescue Unit training. Similar to the recent public order update I'd love to be able to see levels similar to this represented within the water rescue update.

For E.g. L1 Water Rescue training (game counterpart to IRL L2), can be used in smaller water rescue/flood missions and work just by training staff in pumps, L2 (game counterpart to IRL L3) is needed for the Water Rescue Vehicle.

This just adds an extra layer of depth to the game, and I think this public order training-like system could work well in future updates such as Line/Rope Rescue (SWAHO/RRT) and as I've elaborated on, works well with Water Rescue.

I made some suggestions on your Grampian pack but managed to find some legacy modules/appliances that although are no longer in service would be cool additions to the Grampian pack when you do update it, such as a water carrier module, command module & ARP.

https://flic.kr/p/8VYrSd - Command Module

https://flic.kr/p/897cMt - Grampian ARP

https://flic.kr/p/89aqLy - Water Carrier Module

As stated in my comment I'm trying to get photos of all ex-Grampian variations anyways so can source extra photos of operational appliances if needed.

NameLogistics Unit
    Service-Ambulance [HART/SORT]
    Purpose-Mass Cass and HART incidents (acts as Mass Cass and SRV, almost like an OSU but HART)
    Cost-60,000c
    How many personnel are required1-2 personnel
    Training-SORT Training
    Building expansionMass Cass expansion
    Number of Prisoner/Patient slots-

It’s a valid question. Next steps is getting this update the way it is and also handing the second batch of missions that were supposed to come with this.

After that I’m not sure. We will see how the community is doing. I’m not sure what large updates there are for police as this covers a large sector, without straying into the different firearms roles etc as terrorism is something the devs wanted to avoid (which means CTSFO etc can’t happen)

If fire, perhaps start looking at USAR and the likes of that

Ah okay, that makes sense. I know some people saw “any dog unit” and assumed USAR dog/USAR update haha. Staff should take their time though this update should last me months

Honestly, I'd say next steps might be likely to be simply polishing this update, bug fixing and minor releases etc to fill any gaps people come up with. I think Amb is pretty flushed out so presumeably back to fire, but I'd be happy to wait well over 6 months for the next update of this scale as it's simply gonna take that long to retrofit what I have (Which is a good thing as it's what keeps me engaged and playing).

Yeah, was wondering if they were planning on continuing with police stuff after this or fire stuff- definitely agree this update will last be ages and I’m pretty happy with it

Just wondering, what will the next step be after this? Continuing police or will it be fire? (This is in no way me being ungrateful, this is one of the best updates in a while and should keep me engaged for ages, just wondering what the next steps will be)

Certainly happy with this update as I’m sure a lot of other people are, I share the majority of concerns but I’m happy to be able to for the most part start up police properly, I was reluctant to make an actual start due to lack of police vehicles/variety but this has really just made me want to get cracking with it. Should keep me and the community engaged for a good while, thanks to the staff for this one.