Posts by XD229

not sure which support you had contact with, but if you havent - better off contacting the open street map support, and see if the can update, MC support really cant do anything with that app, they just have permssion to use it

The issue isn't with OSM. As I said previously, I have verified that the data in OSM is correct and up to date. The game just doesn't use it.

What status is the boat unit? Can you tell it to cancel? If you give it an order and it doesn't have a towing vehicle present it should create a transport request and let you pick which vehicle you want to go get it.

Also, I've seen this happen when you cancel the towing vehicle from a mission or staging area, and not the boat or other trailer itself. Always just cancel the boat/trailer, and the towing vehicle should come along with it.

Just to update everyone, I got a reply today that says my concern will be forwarded to the team to investigate. Hopefully it can be resolved easily.

Depending on what browser you use, you may be able force all sites to use dark mode. For example, in Chrome:

Enter "chrome://flags" into Google Chrome's address bar and enable the "Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents" flag to force Google Chrome to display all websites in dark mode.

You can also use a browser extension to force sites into dark mode.

The game mapping servers sometimes just have a hiccup, or just don't recognise routes at all. Occasionally, you'll notice a car acting like a helicopter and driving through buildings! haha

If it's a persistent issue, the best way is via the support in-app as you've already done, but to be honest, not sure they'll be bothered about fixing a specific road, unfortunately.

Yeah, I notice that sometimes units go offroading if they don't have a great path. This is a different issue where units always take the old/outdated route/alignment of certain roads and always refuse to use new ones. I'm intimately familiar with the area I'm in in-game, and I have confirmed that the game ignores anything newer than six years ago. I'm sure I can't be the only one having this issue, though it'd obviously be noticeable in some areas more than others.

I have verified that the route data on OpenStreetMap is correct. Just taking an educated guess as to what may be happening, I think it's possible that instead of constantly using OpenStreetMap's route data live (that'd be a lot of traffic from MC to OSM), the devs could have imported it at some point, so it would need to be refreshed or reimported. The map that is actually displayed by the game is live directly from OSM and so is up-to-date.

How can I raise an official bug report or ticket on this? I've used the in-app support chat feature, which I think should be sufficient. Anyone who knows better, please let me know.

I believe that all the routing is done using Open Street Maps. If there are updates that need to be made to those maps, they are generally community driven. You can look at https://www.openstreetmap.org for more details on the maps. There is process to Edit the maps on the site as well.

That's the thing: the map is updated. I can see the roads and the correct alignment, the units just don't follow it.

Greetings!

I have noticed that my units will follow old roads that no longer exist or old alignments of existing roads (where the path has been changed). They will also not follow any new roads that have been created in the last six years or so it seems. Specifically, in my area a large expressway/loop around town has been completed in phases over the last eight years. None of the segments that have been opened in the last six years are usable by my units.

What, if anything, can be done to fix this?

Thanks!

I think BackRaiser didn't word it exactly right. It's not about empty hospitals. It was explained to me thus: The game will only check the first fifty hospitals in order of distance. So if none of those hospitals are valid targets (either full or filtered out by EMS Chief settings because tax is too high etc) then the EMS Chief will not transport. This was supposedly limited in this fashion to prevent excessive checks when there are tons of full or filtered hospitals nearby.

I think it was just a typo... but yes...a Sheriff can transport prisoners. I was just not clear if it could "replace" a patrol car if it was closer

I am sure it was a simple mistake, but because I consider EMS-Chief to be probably the most knowledgeable player around, I started second-guessing myself about if I can start using Sheriff units as ambulances :D8o

Is there some trick to finding which graphic pack is being used when set explicitly on a vehicle? I know it is listed on the station settings page when set at the station level, but what about individual vehicles? It's obviously being tracked somewhere; can we expose it via the API? I'm trying to avoid yet another spreadsheet lol

Thanks, guys. I actually just saw that some of the missions I was interested in (aircraft crashes in particular) have a "ARFF can replace firetruck" value of "Yes", so that works perfect.

I apologize for the possibly-dumb question, but a search of this forum failed me.

Does an ARFF Crash Tender count as a Firetruck for mission requirements? Or do I need to staff regular engines in my airport station as well?

Thanks in advance!

There is no discount on purchasing coins, only for creating custom missions (normal cost is 10, current cost is 3, 70% discount).

Thanks for clearing that up. It isn't obvious from how the discount is displayed; at least not for a newbie like me :)