Posts by BSOFR12

They may have the ability to carry that amount of personnel but brush trucks won't carry 3-5 firefighters on a brush truck. It just doesn't make any sense from a financial standpoint nor operational standpoint to over-staff a brush truck. Many brush trucks are cross staffed with another rig's personnel so typically 1-2 people may be utilized for it. Little to none brush trucks are utilized and used to replace a type one engine. They don't have the ability to replace a type 1 engine without compromising level of service. As for the second picture, that would be considered a type 2 fire engine (wildland fire engine). Although they may look similar to a brush truck, they are different in pumping capabilities as well the size of the tank. As for the calls, you can make it to where it is like the pd, ambulances, airport extensions, etc. You don't have to have that unit but if you do, then a certain type of call will require a brush truck or two. That eliminates the issue to where players that have departments that don't utilize brush trucks, can stay realistic and not have to worry about purchasing a brush truck. I forget who it was on the forums but a particular player doesn't utilize any police units so it would be the same case as that players but only for a brush truck.

Again, I created this post as a suggestion from the things that I may like to see implemented into the game. If you are not familiar with some of my ideas, that's okay but don't continue to reply arguing about the same issue over and over again because you don't see these type of rigs from where your located, your not familiar with them, or you don't agree. I appreciate the feedback but it gets tedious having new notifications basically saying the same thing. These units are ALL based off of United States emergency service units throughout the country and this version of Mission Chief is in fact based off of the United States.

I don't see the need for an actual brush truck when you can just use the type 2 which really acts as one. It has a personal max as 3 which does imply it is not a standard engine. It is also better than being considered utility trucks. You also have to remember that a brush truck doesn't exist in some places outside of the United States which for players doing realistic setups wouldn't work. Even people in the United States that only stay in cities where there are no brush trucks (as far as I know of).

There isn't a need for a type 2 engine as well. My idea here was to convert the type 2 engine to a brush truck. It is not a drastic need of doing so but as I said before, this is a list that I would like to see incorporated eventually. The units I suggested all make sense for a US based game. Many of you may not be familiar with these type of units but it shouldn't automatically be shut down just because a few people have never heard of it or or not familiar with it. Outside of the US they may not utilize a brush truck but this particular version of the game is based off of the United States. Brush trucks are used all over the country and even big cities such as L.A., FDNY, even fire rescue departments down here in south Florida. For personnel on a brush truck, I personally have never seen nor heard of a brush truck with a staffing level of 3-6 firefighters before. At that point, the department might as well utilize that personnel on a engine. Brush trucks wouldn't replace an engine on a call that requires an engine. They tend to be either quick response vehicles to brush fires hence the name brush truck. It doesn't have the same capabilities as a type 1 engine would.

The need for an EMS Supervisor/Captain is purely for an officer role such as a battalion chief. Depending on the size of the department, they may utilize this position or they may not. If they do, they typically act as another veteran paramedic on the scene or take EMS command. I made this post with the intention of a running future type of list. This isn't a unit that is a huge factor but it would be a nice touch. To the point of a brush truck, brush trucks typically aren't a fully functional type 2 engine company. It can very from a type 4 to a type 5, or a type 7 type of rig. The whole point is to add not only realism but for the units to actually make sense. The type 2 engine in my opinion is really used for another graphic on the scene in all honesty. The only difference between the type 1 and type 2 engine is the personnel max. Since you can set your type 1 engine to only hold 3 personnel, the type 2 is null and void. It is basically already a brush truck unit in the sense. Why not just make it an actual brush truck?

As dispatch stated, it is more about the personnel than the actual rig. The department I work for down in here in south Florida employs only firefighter/paramedics and each rig including engines, ladders, heavy rescues, and battalion chiefs are all paramedics. Each rig has full ALS capabilities in order to to provide the best quality of care in the event of when the first due ambulance is tied up on another call. If you wanted to implement such a system, it would have to deal with the personnel itself and not the actual rig.

I agree. My high rise buildings are on the East side of the county near the beach and not in the middle of residential neighborhoods. It would allow the player to be more specific and realistic for their needs. I think adding a POI for the industrial fire as well would not be a bad idea :thumbsup:

Hey all,

I have just recently gotten into placing all the POI's that I can surrounding my fire stations on the map. In doing so, I have looked at the list of POI's and have come up with suggestions for new POI's with the corresponding calls they could be associated with them:

New POI's With Associated Calls:

• Seaport- Fire Alarm (Single engine), fuel spill (two engines, a medic, 2 battalions, hazmat team), Confined Space (two engines, 1-2 Ladders, 2-3 medics, 2-3 battalion chiefs, 2 Heavy Rescues/TRT Team), Shipboard Fire (4 engines, one ladder, two battalions, one tanker, one heavy rescue, possible hazmat).
    • Residential Development/Area- Fire Alarm (Engine, Ladder), Vehicle into a House (engine, ladder, 2-4 medics, battalion, heavy rescue), Silent Alarm Trip (three patrol cars).
    • Beach- Drowning (Engine, Medic, Battalion or EMS fly-car, Chance of needing Air Rescue), Dehydration (medic), Broken leg/arm (one engine/ladder, medic).
    • Known drug area/building- Overdose (one medic, two patrol cars), Fire that Involves Possible Drug Lab (3 engines, two ladders, two battalions, one hazmat, one heavy rescue, 3-4 patrol cars).
    • Swimming Pool- Drowning (Engine or Ladder, Medic, EMS Fly-car or Battalion, Two patrol cars).

Possible New Units:

• EMS Supervisor- having this unit act as a battalion chief on the EMS side of things. It would respond to overdoses, heart attacks, major accidents, drownings, etc.
    • MCI Unit- these are common all across the United States. It would help in treating patients with more than 5 patients.
    • Brush Truck- I was thinking that the Type-2 engine could be replaced by this title/unit due to the fact that brush trucks normally wouldn't be staffed with more than 3 guys at the maximum level.
    • Swift Water/Dive Unit- whether on the FD or PD side, many departments around the country have a dedicated dive unit for recovery purposes that include deceased individuals, evidence, and used for accidents into bodies of water. Would require a class from the fire academy.
    • K-9 Unit- Almost every police department has a K-9 Unit. It would bring more in-depth of calls/units for the PD side.

• Patrol Supervisor/Watch Commander- Similar to the K-9 Unit, it would bring more in-depth calls for the PD side.
    • Bomb Squad- I noticed that there is a bomb call in the game but we do not have a bomb squad unit. It would make sense to create this since a call involving a bomb is already in the game. Would require a class from the police academy.
    • Boat Unit- for PD and/or FD side of things. Makes sense for the departments that have oceans/large bodies of water around them.
    • Light/Air Unit- a possibility of turning the air unit into an Air/Light Unit so that it could add to the calls that it could respond to

Keep in mind that these are just a few of the suggestions that I could think of off the top of my head. I know not everyone is familiar nor has many of these units utilized around them. I am basing these suggestions off of North American units since this version is technically based off of North American units. If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to comment.

I believe it is more of a North American type of unit. Some departments have the sufficient lights on their engines or heavy rescues, some departments need that air/light unit mostly for the extra air bottles that it may carry as well as scene lighting. I wouldn't say this is first priority but it could be a little quirk down the road that would be nice to see.

I think the idea of brush trucks have been shot down before so what I do is name my Type-2 Engines to the brush trucks and limit them to a personnel max of two guys. I tend to go pretty realistic so it may not be the same.

I actually like the idea for the utility unit in game to turn into the rescue pumper that the OP desired. If it acts as more of a light rescue, then the heavy rescue wouldn't be obsolete. As for the dangerous good accident, a heavy rescue would make sense but I think it is just a preference on what everyone thinks is reasonable for each call. It will vary from person to person because individuals will tend to use a department they are familiar with. A bias if you will.

I would agree to a point with emergency. Although they can treat up to 25%, many of the injuries could be cleared by BLS treatment. Having an ambulance have to clear every call even though they won't transport is something a fly-car/engine may have been able to handle. I may have some bias for this particular topic since the department I am employed by staffs firefighter/paramedics on all rigs: engines, medics, ladders, etc. But I know other departments around the country at least have BLS capabilities from at least one personnel on their fire suppression rigs.

I like this idea. I know my department as well as the departments around us utilize a combination rig of light and air due to the fact our budget concerns wouldn't allow us to have a rig that is utilized for one purpose only. What are you thinking about the types of calls that would require the light portion? Building collapses? Bigger fires? etc?

I'm just trying to understand the practicality of this unit in the game. For road accidents, a single engine is able to handle the call. For the building collapses, heavy rescues make sense. Is it more of wanting a cheaper option to buying a heavy rescue which isn't that pricey to begin with? A dangerous goods accident would be more of a hazmat team need than the need of having a rescue engine on scene due to the fact of the unknown/known materials of the cargo.

Yeah all of the aforementioned tools tend to already be on engines/ladders throughout the country. It doesn't have to be a rescue engine to be able to handle MVA's. The Technical Rescue Team or Heavy Rescues are where you start getting into more in-depth tools and equipment that is used for more than just vehicle accidents. They have gear that is utilized for Trench Rescue, Confined space Rescue, collapse rescue, rope rescue and VMR extrication. Some teams even have gear for swift water rescue or ice rescue depending on where you live. There tends to be a reason why an engine and/or ladder can handle MVA"s without having to have a Heavy Rescue/TRT team responding every time.

The rescue pumper suggestion wouldn't be a bad suggestion if this version of the game wasn't primarily based off of U.S. style units. From what I can tell in game, all of the units have a US based feel. It would be pretty odd to see a European/different part of the world based rig. Some US departments may use Rescue Pumpers but tend to use them as an engine still. They don't replace the heavy rescue aspect for a department. For the point of smaller towns in particular that don't have that type of vehicle, mutual aid/automatic aid would be utilized for that.

For quints, they're used for departments that don't need to buy a 100 foot or 100 foot plus ladder to fight fires. Additionally, it is utilized for departments to save money while having a rig that can pump as well as have a 75 foot ladder on the top. Yes it may be a "US Based" unit, but that's what the game is based off of. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a majority of the units that UK/rest of the world utilize are similar to the German version. It doesn't seem to make sense of creating a unit that isn't utilized in the country the game is technically based off of. Asking for something along the lines of a water rescue vehicle, more in-depth PD units, MCI, or maybe a more useful solution to the EMS fly-car would be the best way to go in my opinion.

I think that could be a pretty good idea. I think if you made the tanker coupled with an engine(s) on calls, that would make sense. I just wanted to clarify about what you were trying to explain :thumbup:

Well the purpose of a Water Tanker is to shuttle water to another rig, more than likely an engine. For a tanker to handle a small brush fire on it it's own is something that I see as unrealistic because in this game, a tanker would be able to act as an engine on a MVA and that's something you probably won't see at all. The tanker is usually coupled with an engine company due to lack of hydrants/water supply in certain response areas. Not as an stand-alone truck able to put out fires.

I can probably agree that the ranks may be tough to achieve but this would probably be something that should be put on the back burner. I don't see this as a big deal for a majority of the US players. The only use for the ranking system in my opinion is the free coins that you receive from it. Other than that, it is just an aesthetic. I think focusing on actual factors that affect game play would be the best way to go.

Not sure if this has been brought up or not before but a suggestion that I think would make the game more helpful to the players would be the ability to transfer personnel not being utilized to other stations. When I have single engine stations or left over personnel, it would be nice to transfer them to another station. Departments tend to not have firefighters assigned to stations that aren't on a rig and just sit at the station. I don't pay to hire personnel so the money part isn't an issue. It would make the personnel aspect of the game a lot smoother :thumbup:

Hey all,

I am sure many suggestions have been thrown out there that I might list and apologize in advance for re-listing them but here it goes:

1. Hospital Patient Times- one a day is tough because even with my hospital maxed out for patient intake, it gets filled up real quick. Maybe letting patients go relating to what they got transported for. More than likely, a nosebleed, minor car accident, animal attack, etc. would not be in for a full day. I would suggest the least amount of time someone could be released would be an hour-hour and a half because that would be realistic.

2. Having engines/ladders being able to handle BLS medical calls such as nosebleed, or a fallen person. Working in a fire rescue system that has paramedics on every rig, many falls don't require transports. Maybe incorporating a system to where an engine can clear a medical calls when medics aren't available.

3. Police Supervisors- The fire side of things is quite developed with the exceptions of AARF and water rescue. For the police side, there is aviation, swat, and patrol. I would suggest putting a supervisor in which would relate to calls. Being a SWAT medic, there is not an incident to where I would be dispatched without a watch commander, LT, Captain, etc. being there and running the scene. It allows for more realism for the people who want to play uber realistic myself ;) .

4. Speeding up build/extension time- for those of us who don't want to pour money from each paycheck into this game, i believe there should be an option to speed up time with credits as well as coins. Maybe 200,000 or 300,000? A value to where you would have to weigh your options on whether or not you would want to spend that kind of credits on a speed-up.

5. AARF/Water Rescue- I am currently recreating the Los Angeles Fire Department and eventually I will get to LAX. I build my stations and create my units as realistic as possible. Adding in AARF units would make for greater calls as well as the realism part of things. Same goes for water rescue especially in a large system like LAFD.

6. Bomb squad- Since there are already bomb calls in the game, it would only make sense to add these units. In realism terms, the SWAT team would get deployed for a bomb scare/explosion but there is obviously a dedicated special division of a department that goes through rigorous training to be able to handle explosives.

7. Zoning- The ability to set a zone to where your department covers. In the alliance I am in, one of my buddies created the Beverly Hills FD and runs mutual aid with me and vice versa. I tend to receive calls that are right next to his stations with mine being at least 3-4 mins away from him. Being able to create a boundary/zone would take care of having to share that mission for surrounding departments.

These are the major ones that I find would help transform the game into an even better game. I chose to stay away from the small details because everyone has their own quirks that they like and would be unrealistic to cater to everyone's need.

Best Regards,
    BSOFR12