Posts by Mark_

The only problem with this is the fact of a patients death. Yes it adds in realism as it happens in real life but remember this is a game and kids play this and the last thing we want is parents keeping their kids from playing because we have deceased patients in here. Not knocking this down as it is an idea of yours but this is my view on this.

I'd like to hear others opinions though.

Don't really think thats relevant though is it? You have calls such as stabbings, mental health crisis' - with attached medical grades, which I personally wouldn't say is kid friendly.

UCCs centres were originally designed to help new players get into the medical side of things. Ambulance stations do not increase in price either, so that may be the reason - however I'm not one to provide an 'official' answer.

I have to deal with 400+ patients a day. I'm not interested in a complex system being implemented as I don't want to have to deal with even more requests. The role of us in the game is a vehicle and resource dispatcher so our sole purpose is to manage the crews and where they go - we don't tell them what to do when they're on scene as "they" (the crews) do that themselves. The current system isn't in-depth and perhaps it could be better but I'm not sure that complicating it would make the game better in this situation.

Those who play by stacking up calls, or who have calls spawn when they are offline would have a significant number of dead patients just because they play in a different way to perhaps someone else who wants the full "realistic" experience. This is a game we're talking about remember so not everything needs to be super realistic or complicated.

Thats actually a more than fair point. I deal with about 20-50, so I structured my idea around that logic which of course doesn't suit the game

There was suggestion of a similar thing a while ago, the problem with this one specifically is that there is far too much micro management.
    I would expect crews on scene to be able to decide when it is appropriate to recognize life extinct.

It is also worth noting, resuscitation is reserved for cardiac arrests, not just unresponsive patients.

I'd rather that the current simpler system remains until a comprehensive and appropriate alternative which is implementable is found.

Yeah, I mean I don't think simply pressing one button is exactly micromanagement.
    I also have zero medical knowledge so I was just using a nice little mainstream word that hopefully everyone would understand the base point.

Quick suggestion!

Allow the upgrade from swimmer in distress (ie, someone struggling against currents / fatigued) to the drowning callout (fully submerged etc).

Thanks!

Recently got into vehicle graphic making, hopefully the OP is okay if I post them here :)

Here's my first vehicle, an Astra 2012 IRV. Feel free to provide feedback!

Hi,

Just noting down what I would imagine is something that may be fairly simple to implement, as it appears to be a feature that is already implemented as a anti-cheat mechanism.

Could we get the option to enable an "Extended call range" in the dispatch?

A more in depth choice could have options for all 3 services (ie, Extended police call range - meaning if ticked, only police services have a larger call radius).

Its a fairly simple idea and concept, but instead of calls being spawned literally around the street from a station, the stations call radius is doubled (or something to a logical extent). Of course some may prefer this, some may not, hence I feel it would be a good suggestion for those who may want it. It would add more of a challenge, managing units and response times in regards to what calls are more urgent.

I did not understand this suggestion, what for?
    I'm building a firestation with EMS expansion. With that I can have at station ALS; BLS; FLY Car + EMS Rescue and all fire vehicules i want. Call this Station EMS Station ..., give it a new Icon and it's done?
    Where's the difference?
    Only the price? Why should something like that come? Same vehicles, same number, but for the same always only 200,000 Cr? Nobody would build firestations any longer.
    Shaking head :thumbdown:

No, I suggest you maybe read the post a few times (I had to) to fully understand it, before being quite so negative towards it (disliking pretty much everyones posts). So for example (or from my understanding, this is what he is saying):

Fire Station (4 bays)
    EMS Station (4 bays)

> Merged = Fire station + EMS extension (8 bays)

Personally, I too support an idea like this. Considering this is a 'dispatcher' game, some people might decide that after watching a certain show (for example, Inside the ambulance - recommend this, go watch it) that they only want to be an medical dispatcher, and act as if they are in an Ambulance control room. If you have a multi service set up, this would normally be impossible. However, some form of setting like you mentioned would bridge this gap completely.

1. Go to your dog unit.
    2.Click edit vehicle (the pen icon).
    3.Name the vehicles category whatever you want it to be, but ensure the little tick box is checked - https://i.imgur.com/r109e2n.png.
    4.Go to your ARRs.
    5.Create a new ARR.
    6.Fill out all the boxes in the style you want it to be.
    7.Instead of putting 1 K-9 unit, instead select whatever you put the vehicle category as in step 3 (for example- https://i.imgur.com/KXTkVIr.png)
    9.Save, and then just use that ARR to dispatch your Dog unit to calls that only need Dog units.