Posts by EFD850

Hello everyone! My name is Larry and I am 28 years old. I am a full time Firefighter/EMT and also a volunteer. I've been in the fire service for 10 years now and absolutely love it. I also served in the United States Army first as an Infantryman, then re-classed to a Military Police Officer. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, riding my motorcycle, and definitely having a few drinks. I am the proud owner of U.S Emergency Services.

Each police station on here has a jail. Therefore, I will not spend the extra money to have a separate building for a "jail".

I agree. This American Based Fire Service Game, needs to actually be based on what we do in America. Most of the time in my area the fire department beats the ambulance by a good 2-3 minutes, sometimes longer if the EMS service is busy. In my county there are 16 ambulance stations, 14 are covered 24 hours, and 2 in the rural area are volunteer, there are at least 2 EMS Supervisor on 24/7 (I think that total is actually higher but I just moved out here so i'm not sure) I would have rather had Training in the School for FF's to be EMT's, or have an EMS Supervisor of the helicopter I will never purchase. I think it's time we take to the Mission Chief Facebook page. That seems to be the only REMOTE place they even look at our suggestions.

Well said DoctorWho. Our suggestions aren't being heard or read...Instead of bringing more vehicles in, I think it needs to be changed to operate more like the U.S first. Also, yes the fire department act as first responders, because EMS can have extended ETAs. I know at least from my experiences. We could be on scene for 10 minutes sometimes before EMS arrives, because they are swamped with calls and we may be getting a truck from another base....And I work for a city department with EMS trucks normally based a few minutes from us.

Man, I have been preaching this for a long time! Have fire department equipment respond to medical calls along with EMS. If no transport is needed, then FD can complete the call and EMS can cancel...

@EFD850 In the area I just moved from the truck companies where usually first in for medical calls, and I think they had just phased out the last tiller that didn't have a pump on it. In the new area I live in if the districts do have ladder trucks, they are all quint styles either with a 75' stick, or 105' platform. Run run first out of their station. But still agree the copter is useless.

@DoctorWho Yea, that sounds about right. Our ladders here are either 75' or 100'. Our engine companies respond to med calls here. Ladders are primarily for wrecks, fires, and med calls if the engine is already on another call. But, that is why I would like to be able to utilize ladders on the game more. I will have multiple calls in a certain area and my ladders can't handle the call...So, I'm having to pull another engine company with an extended eta...I would love to utilize my ladders as quints here and also be able to relocate units when stations are out on extended calls and the district is unprotected.

I can see the helos as a minor, and I mean VERY MINOR benefit at this moment for those of us who play our stations in some rural areas. That being said I usually put a hospital fairly close to my rural Ambulance stations. This go round i'm actually placing everything where it is in my county just for kicks. But The helo has no benefit for this. I would like to see an EMS battalion chief, better utilized fire service vehicles. Only the large Cities have Ladder trucks without pumps, tillers, etc, and most of them are going to quint style ladder trucks as they can be utilized better. But I still am not going to pay 1 Million for a damn helo, that has the exact same purpose as an ambulance, with a very Mild payout.

Yes, I've also placed all my stations in real locations as if it was real world. Even, in the rural areas we have single man/woman medic trucks that have been placed strategically throughout the rural areas to speed of patient contact. So, again the helo is extremely useless in this game...Waste of time and update...

" Only the large Cities have Ladder trucks without pumps, tillers, etc, and most of them are going to quint style ladder trucks as they can be utilized better."

I work for a big city FD and we have ladder trucks with pumps...I also work part time and volunteer for 2 other small fire departments that have ladder trucks with pumps. It is rare to find a ladder truck in the U.S with out a pump, but there a some out there. You'll also find ladder trucks responding to med calls, small fires, vehicle fires, etc as well if the engine company is out on another call. Ladders in the U.S can act just like engines but have very minimal water. Most ladders carry 300 gallons of water and therefore you'll see them hooked into hydrant or another engine or tanker relay pumping to supply that ladder truck. Ladder trucks are utilized so much in the real world compared to the limited use on this game.

And again, how about adding vehicles that will be utilized more often. Everyone wants helos, ICU/MCUs, etc. These additions have proven to be very expensive and aren't needed at all.. The HEMS now serves the same purpose as an ambulance. Ambulances are a lot cheaper and are used more frequently than helos. You want an ICU for pretty much major incidents that can only be generated once every 24 hours, unless you spend 10 coins. Not spending 10 coins, sorry.... Or calls that require 5 or more units. Well, there are already missions that require 5 or more units which will require you to have multiple ICUs.

hahahaha!!!

The issue is, there is a lot of players from the German side of this game that come here and try to implement German ways when this is suppose to be for U.S players.

Helicopters for this game is irrelevant, especially freaking helicopters for wild land fires! I don't know why some want helos! Sebastian needs to listen to the suggestions from his U.S players. A while back he asked for a liaison for the U.S side of things. I have yet to see things change....

Trust me, I feel the absolute same. This is suppose to mirror the U.S, but keeps bringing useless stuff to the game. We don't need helicopters right now. I would like to see Ladder trucks more useful in this game. Ladder trucks have pumps on the trucks as well and should be able to respond to all calls like the engine. I would like to see Engines, Ladders, Rescue companies, etc to be able to respond to med calls and shorten the time on scene and act as BLS...There's so much more that can be added to this game besides a useless helo!

If my testing serves me well, the Utility is the same as the Heavy Rescue Unit. At least that's how it seems to play out in my game. I don't have 11 stations yet, but the HAZMAT unit is needed at 11 stations, so it's good to train your guys early (aka fire academy for 500k), and then when you have 10 stations put in the hazmat unit to prepare for the 11th station. If anyone else has seen anything different please comment.

I currently have 8 FD's, 3 EMS, 4, 2 Hospitals, and 1 Fire Academy, which I am using to train 10 guys from each station. After that once the hazmat unit is purchased, I will assign those personnel only to the hazmat truck, so they can rotate out.

Yes, the utility serves as a rescue unit on this game as well.

(This is suppose to be based on the US) I would like to see all trucks able to act as BLS as well. I would like to be able to dispatch an engine company to a med call to start patient care and get the clock rolling. So, once EMS is on scene all they have to do is transport. That would shorten times a lot. With FDs so close to the call most of the time. I would like to be able to dispatch ladder companies to small fire calls, etc. I wish we could also do station fill ins while other units are on extended calls. I would like to be able to set patrol zones for patrol cars. PD missions are killing me with how far they are from my PDs.

Want to attract more US players? Then make is realistic to portray the US.

Hey guys,

I have a call (Burning machine) an I need a Mask serfice Unit (Needed vehicles: 1Mask Service Unit). Where can I buy this vehicle? I looked in the market in the fire station, but there isn't a vehicle which calls Mask Service Unit. Sorry for my english. I hope you can help me :-)

Mikel, a masked service unit is a Air Unit. It isn't a heavy rescue or utility truck.

"Hey guys, we have an amazing new feature for you. From now on, the police department is in the game! Helllyeah! Go ahead and build up your first police station, cause we will bring up fitting emergency calls next week. How do you like it?"

This was posted last week. So, I assume sometime this week.

Uh, I have no problem saving now with the way the game is set up to buy things I need. I don't see the point of an in game bank to put away credits. Just, save now and be a good steward of your credits...Sorry, so I vote no