Posts by Armyconrad

As someone who has some real life experience (to some degree) with multiple fire districts (in both rural, suburban, and urban (via mutual aid from the suburban areas) areas) that have ran water rescue calls, here is my say. Before I start, let me let you know that in these areas I have lived in have run truck/ladder/quint companies and rescue pumpers or regular pumpers (since 99.9% of the pumpers have at least a combi-tool in these areas) to all rescue related calls. We don’t have actual rescue units. Our “rescues” are special operations/purpose units.

The following vehicles should be able to pull a boat:
    -Battalion Chief (pulls boat trailer)
    -Utility (pulls boat trailer)
    -Rescue (pulls boat trailer)
    -Water Rescue Vehicle (carries boat on top of vehicle with water rescue equipment inside compartments; will need to be an new vehicle type, just like the boat trailer would; wouldn’t need a seperate boat trailer; they should also be able to pull a boat trailer therefore being able to haul 2 boats to the scene, especially considering since many boat trailers can carry 2 boats)

Most of the missions suggested so far are requiring more units than I have ever seen. If you want to go to a good level of detail but not too much detail, add fireboat stations that can be on riverfronts and use patrol path type function to set where/what waterways the vehicle can travel through to respond to calls in addition to the boat trailers and units. Many departments along major rivers will have fireboats. You should possible consider adding both swift water rescue training for swift water rescue calls and dive training for dive rescue calls. They are highly different with both equipment and techniques, but still have some similarities. Flooding should be an option to include when creating a storm event, which will create multiple swift water rescues on land and in small creeks. Multiple areas that lie in valleys with nearby major waterways will have these issues.

Now types of calls should be:
    -Swift water rescue in creek, lake, and river (each one being it’s own type of call)
    -Dive rescue in creek, lake, and river (each one being it’s own type of call)
    -Missing person (someone saw someone get carried away by water and has lost sight of them; I got a real life example of this type of call I can tell if anyone is interested. Just let me know)
    -Suicidal person threatening to jump from bridge
    -Stranded boat
    -Boat on Fire (most of the time will require a fireboat or light boat (the type pulled by trailers) with a portable pump and small handline)
    -Boating Accident

Most calls, for initial response, should require 3 fire trucks (typically 2 engines and a ladder) 1-2 med units, 2-4 maybe 5 police cars, and 1 maybe 2 rescue boat (including those carried by water rescue unit). Upgrades should be more units, depending on severity of the call.

That is my say.

Most departments that have waterways in their districts (mainly ones that are accessible) have people trained for water rescues, and will often have fire boats parked at local docks. Some departments have boat trailers, while others have designated water rescue trucks, you should add designated water rescue trucks, and you can build boat ramps for x amount of credits or x amount of coins and you can place boats into the water at these points. Maybe also add a marine fire station where you can buy fire boats and rescue boats. also add bridge poi where you can have suicidal jumper that requires fire, police, and ems (including land and water fd) and other water related fd calls. If anything, this will bring more people to the game.

Heavily discussed in the past and on the list, although my understanding is it’s not overly common in the US.

Heavily discussed in the past and on the list, although my understanding is it’s not overly common in the US.

So there is a few stations in the area I am doing that are close to either the county line or state boundary. In case of state boundary, I am getting some calls that appear on the other side of a major river, and there are no bridges nearby that lead to the other side of the river. It takes like 20 minutes for the unit to cross the river, then another 20 minutes to go around to get to the call. And for county boundary, these departments don't respond out of the county unless requested by the department in that county. I feel you should be able to add a "no call zone" to areas inside your call spawning areas to areas like this, to help prevent these issues and add realism.

Okay. How can I make my own texture pack and make it publicly available for download? And would it be okay to grab icons to mix and match from other texture packs

They're .APNG which isn't supported in all browsers, but will work in most updated ones.
    They will still alternate for now though so it will alternate 50/50 between animated picture and normal.

Sebastian may implement a way to fully use the animated image only but hasn't given a timeframe.

What size do the icons need to be? Just added one and it was WAY to huge

Ah thats probably my issue. Completely forgot about that. Now for the two icons (with and without lights) does the with lights one have to be a gif or will it alternate between lights and no lights images when responding to a call?

So I am trying to add custom icons to units (including newly purchased ones) on my account. It wont let me do it (I am using mobile app). Strangely enough, though, when I went to create a new account and went to edit a newly purchased unit on this new account and it gave me the option to add custom icons. What is up with this?