Name/Type of Mission: Industrial explosion

Units Required:
    7 engine
    3 platforms
    2 chiefs
    1 rescue
    2 HAZMAT
    2 patrol cars

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): industrial (if it can be created)

Patients:0-12

Prisoners:0

Credit Reward: 1200

Name/Type of Mission: Small Apartment Fire

Units Required: 4 engines

2 ladders

1 chief

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): Apartment (if POI can be made)

Patients: 0-4

Credit Reward: 300

Name/Type of Mission: Medium Apartment Fire

Units Required: 6 engines

3 ladders

1 rescue

2 chiefs

1 mobile air

2 patrol officers

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): Apartment

Patients:0-7

Credit Reward: 600

Name/Type of Mission: Large Apartment Fire

Units Required: 10 engines

5 ladders

1 rescue

4 chiefs

1 mobile command

1 mobile air

1 tanker

2 patrol officers

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): Apartment

Patients:0-11

Credit Reward: 1000

Name/Type of Mission: Very Large Apartment Fire

Units Required: 13 engines

6 ladders

2 rescue

5 chiefs

1 mobile command

2 mobile air

1 tanker

2 patrol cars

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): Apartmets

Patients:0-13

Credit Reward:1300

Name/Type of Mission: small mall fire

Units Required: 3 engines

1 ladder

1 chief

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): mall

Patients:0-4

Credit Reward:400

Name/Type of Mission: Medium Mall Fire

Units Required: 6 engines

2 ladder

1 rescue

2 chiefs

1 mobile air

Patients:0-6

Credit Reward: 650

Name/Type of Mission: Large Mall Fire

Units Required: 10 engines

5 ladders

2 rescue

4 chiefs

2 mobile air

1 tanker

2 patrol officers

POI Required (Use “none” if not needed): Mall

Patients:0-10

Credit Reward:1200

Name/Type of Mission: very large mall fire

Units Required: 14 engine

7 ladders

2 rescue

6 chiefs

3 mobile air

2 tanker

2 patrol officer

Patients:0-14

Credit Reward:1500

Yes! Yes a thousand times!

the increase for the Heavy Rescue and ladders made sense and were grounded in reality. while most places have 4, some like New York City have 6 on all ladder and rescue companies, And since Heavy Rescue gets 6 I agree with Pappy and say Heavy Rescue with Boat should also get the 6 man increase. I was ecstatic when they implemented the increase which was something I saw asked for multiple times by the community.

Like the new update for EMS side of things. Just want to ask about the new units due to no clear descriptions.

What does the EMS Operations Support Unit do?

And what does the Mass Casualty trailers do?

What are the differences between the large and small trailers?

I hope to start some debate and engagement about what's coming next because I honestly cant guess. I dont know about the Maxed Out reference. Unless its related to financial crimes with the FBI update.

I know Broward County is in Florida, and has a sheriffs department as its main police force. Was that the sheriffs update?

Then there's a Tac Pack reference which im guessing is medical related either for the fire or a update for police to have SWAT abilities with a Tac Pack sort of equipped patrol perhaps?

Then finaly is the Nuclear option. Is it going to be about nuclear reactors? Or are we having a new event of a nuke going off? It couldn't be about HazMat units as we already have that.

Any helpful hints mods?

Google is your best friend. Just type in whatever fire department and most have a website and many of the major ones have wikipedia articles, although they may be old and outdated.

Wikipedia is usually a good start, but like I said it may be outdated. I have found that due to new or closed stations or units from further research. But like I said its a good start to get the basic big picture, how many stations, engines, ladders, special units. Most of the time it even has the address of the stations.

Next source would be department websites. Many fire departments like to show what they got. Usually that is where you would get more reliable and up to date news on new stations or apparatus being activated. Like wikipedia, the department websites are reliable with address but some do not give specific details on what units are stationed there.

Finaly the last one and the most reliable with up to date information are Fire Department annual reports. These are usually found on department websites and mostly come in pdf. format these days. The annual reports are just what they sound like, annual reports of how the fire department has done for the last year. If you want all the info you can get about a specific department that's where it will be. Annual budget, call volume, new equipment and programs. But most importantly for what you're looking for it will give you stations and units assainged to them 90% of the time.

TLDR
    Wikipedia good source for big picture. Stations, apparatus, address.
    Department websites more reliable, up to date source. Stations, apparatus, address
    Annual Reports coming from said departments are best most up to date source. Gives active stations, apparaus assaigned, personell and whatever other general info interests you.

As always I love the game!
    Just a suggestion to improve. Would we be able to get Fire Helicopters doing EMS transports anytime in the near future since EMS heliports can not expand and since in most major US cities with a helicopter in the fire departments they also double as an EMS capable transport?

Hope this red flag warning will bring a lot with it since its taking a while to come! Has rain and humidity been stopping it? (Im asking if there has there been a lot of issues with bringing the update?) Keep up the good work guys, always look forward to future updates.

Well, that seems to tell us its not an EMS Chief. So what do you guys think it will be?
    I think it may be EMS bycyle unit? I'm just throwing it out since I cant think of anything else that would be implemented as a new EMS unit.

I have some confusion with what seems to be a translation issue with some POIs. They seem vague or not phrased right in English, or at least American English (am I right?) So I want to ask what these POIS are supposed to be with their American building equivalent.

Goods Station

Storehouse (like a warehouse?)

Supermarket (like Walmart and Home Depot?)(and what would be a good comparison between the small and large variations?)

also since I am trying to go for realism with my departments I have a few questions with ems rescues. What reason would an EMS agency have to have a rescue role (traditionally a fire department task) and how do they define response jurisdiction with fire departments with a rescue truck close by, are there turf wars over this issue?)

love the update. Even though I didnt expect it coming so soon (I should have since every recent update is EMS related) but I wanted to ask if paramedic engines have been thrown around as a possible future update. Maybe instead of having to have the ambulance expansion for the firehouse maybe just extra training at the academy titled "paramedic" for at least one crew member (since most department with paramedic engines have one paramedic riding since school costs money and time)

I'm really leaning toward the brush truck since it would probably be an engine and brush truck in its role so that would require a wildlands firefighting expansion.

I really hope so since ive been waiting to fill my stations with brush trucks for a while. The department I worked for had 3 in its single station!

Edit; Brush truck ftw!

This thread is something I have always hoped for from Sebastian or the mod team. Even better that they don't give details to keep the excitement. It's something that lets us know that they are listening and working on what people want or what they think will make the game better. Kudos to the mod team!

And to keep the hype going, a unit that has been requested many times and has multiple uses but requires an extension at the firehouse? The one that comes to mind is an Engine Tanker but I cant think why it would require an extension.

I know this was just explained so I apologize in advance, but what do the numbers mean with the codes you're using?

I saw what the letters meant, but I dont get the numbers. So if you could barney it down for me I would appreciate it.

Since we already have POIs gor malls and calls for them I figured they need some fire calls to go with them.
    In the following calls I use size to describe the fire, not the building.
    Small mall fire-
    5 fire stations
    3 Engines
    1 Ladder
    1 Chief

Medium mall fire
    10 fire stations
    6 Engines
    2 ladders
    2 chiefs
    1 rescue

Large Mall fire
    15 fire stations
    10 engines
    4 ladders
    3 chiefs
    2 rescues
    1 tanker
    1 mcv

Giant mall fire
    15 fire stations
    20 engines
    6 ladders
    4 chiefs
    3 rescues
    1 tanker
    1 mcv

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated

in the USA apartments can make up a large part of residences in cities both large and small. With that being said, most fires are residential meaning either a home or apartment are more likely to have a fire than commercial or residential structure.

These calls can range from small apartment fire to large apartment fire. Small-large being how big the fire would bet not the size of the building.

Small Apartment Fire
    4 Engines
    2 ladders
    1 chief
    1 rescue (possibly)
    Ambulance
    2 patrol cars

Medium Apartment Fire
    6 (or 7?) Engines
    3 Ladders
    2 chiefs
    1 rescue
    Ambulance
    2 patrol cars

Large Apartment Fire
    10 (or 11?) Engines
    4 ladders
    3 chiefs
    1 rescue
    Ambulance
    2 patrol cars

Huge Apartment Fire
    13 Engines
    4 (or 5?) Ladders
    3 chiefs
    1 mobile command
    1 rescue
    Ambulance
    2 patrol cars

Apartment Under Construction
    15 Engines
    5 ladders
    3 chiefs
    1 mobile command
    1 rescue
    Ambulance 2 patrol cars

The reason for the large ammount of resources for the apartment under construction is that they can get big if the building is at the phase of construction where it is wood frame and insulation with no windows or fire suppression systems in place. Its a multi-story tinderbox waiting for a hot dry day to burn it all down.

Please tell me what y'all think and what you would like to see in apartment fires.

The absolute best resource is the FDNY operational reference by James Griffiths. You can find it on the FDNY Shop online and is only $30. For the book that explains everything FDNY it is well worth the price.