Posts by hitman

lift as in lift the person up. Not lift as in elevator.

Wow this took a turn that I did not expect at all but funny as all hell. They mean lift assist as they need more people on scene to pick up the patient. This is very common on larger patients that two EMS personal would struggle carrying alone.
    You may need a whole battalion to lift up a elevator.... Future call? :P :D

what exactly do you mean most people?

You know MOST people like weird forest parties like you and me.

"8 police cars and 1 k-9 unit"
    I feel like this is WAY to high unless you are expecting to run into a drug cartel or moonshiners. Two cops and a k-9 would be enough to break up the party and maybe even arrest a couple people though most of those parties are not illegal depending how they are set up

It is all highly dependent of scenario and vehicles. Most departments and counties have rules and regulations against it because of legal issues. What if patients fight? Really small box. What if the second patient degrades and needs a stretcher... well you only have one. I do think if it is added that a lot of people will take advantage of this. Now working like most cities and counties it makes sense to send ambulances for what you have patients. Maybe if you have 6 patients and don't want to send 6 ambulances make the gamble and send 4 or 5. Some will probably get cleared and not get transported. If you get a high rise fire call there are possibly hundreds of people in that building so there would be a lot of resources sent to that call.

As for air transport that is also rare. Northeast uses a lot of smaller helicopter only able to hold one patient. I have also lived in Arizona where they had the same helicopters but also national guard came out sometimes with old military style helicopter. Those older military helicopters could handle two patients but it depends on the service near you.

Can we possibly expand the abilities of the heavy rescue and utility? Right now it seems like it seems that engines do everything in the game and I mean EVERYTHING. I rarely have a single call that can cleared without one on scene.
    In my area we use utility and heavy rescue trucks for a lot of things to save on using the engines so much. Missions like "power lines down" or "tree on the road" I think could be passed over to one of these other units while the engines are somewhere else cranking calls out. I do not mean remove other units but maybe make it possible that other vehicles can complete the mission they would realistically be able to solve.

Maybe even make the chief vehicle to be able to see calls like "smoke investigation" or "carbon monoxide alarm" because all chief vehicles in my area also come with tons of tools and even thermal camera. They then could radio for more units that will be able to solve the problems.

Let me know what you think

I do not know how hard it would be for them to implement this in the game or how long it would be until it is ever done.

One thing I do like to do with my units I need to move like Fire trucks is just click on a truck and "move" to another station. It does allow me to make sure I have enough coverage. I would suggest having a free expansion slot and remembering to move the trucks back later.

Haha that is SO true those things are ridiculous

Did I really just see a photo of a engine/ambulance combination with a "sheriff" label on it? Please tell me I am just to tired.

How do you even use those or drop of patients? We have tons of tiny streets with cars parked on them in my area and 100% of hospitals ambulances have to be backed up. There is barely enough room for a ambulance let alone one of these beasts.

Hello and sorry if this has already been asked. I searched the forums with zero answer.

I am wondering what the use of a battalion chief is in this game. I haven't bought any yet but I am wondering what they can do. Maybe respond to medical or fire calls?

Thanks!

So please let me know if there is something like this already in the game but I have not seen something close yet.

In my area we use "mini rescue or utility trucks" converted into medical trucks. All fire stations paid or volunteer in upstate New York love these things. I have also seen many of these across the country but don't know their feelings. It allows fire personal to respond to medical calls without taking out the big engine and some even outfit these to be rescue vehicles.

What I am proposing is a vehicle like this to respond to medical calls if the player wants to and have it help there. It could help treat patients without a ambulance on scene and maybe even clear the scene. In my area these vehicles are allowed to accept "denial of transport" on all non - serious calls. I am unaware if the current chief or utility vehicle can actually clear calls without a ambulance being on scene. I have attached a photo of what one of these may look like.

Please let me know what you think.

Would like to see something like this added and maybe make it a special training option. I am in New York where there are a lot of lakes and rivers. Most departments including volunteer have dive teams along with boats for rescue.

I think there should be some new POI options added to the game. Might also help with getting a lot more basic calls that some people request.

Restaurant - Did not see this or a variation as a option. Would like to see it added as it could add ems calls to that location or maybe even grease fires.

Bars - Adds possibility for drunk drivers or bar fights. Something that could require a lot of police and ems to be on scene to handle.

Library - If there is something like this please let me know. I have a lot near me and we all know how books like to burn.

Housing complex or apartments - Also have A LOT of these near me. They also catch fire sometimes and a fully involved one can attract three to six full engines with maybe a ladder.

Highways - Maybe a way to draw lines where highways are. Have a lot of calls getting generated in the middle of a massive highway and some really don't fit there.

Post below what you think and maybe any other suggestions you may have. There has been a lot of big and drawn out calls getting released but I would like to see more regular or small calls. Something that we all deal with more daily.