Posts by Columbus2207

US version has no use for HEMS helicopters at all via missions. Offcourse, if you wan't to alarm HEMS to any medical mission, that's fine and possible. I have been played another countrys version of game, and there is regurarly use and need for HEMS at missions. Hopefully it comes to US version also.

Another mystichal thing. Why police helicopters won't have possible to put patrol route...? Example many highway patrols has helicopters, and those observe traffic from air. So patrol route for Police helicopters?

One of the biggest changes in the UK game over the US is the mission requirements. A lot less missions require aerials and if they do it will only require 1 maybe 2 (some missions are an exception).

For medics, one of the different systems we have is the implementation of critical care and a HEMS requirement. Missions with seriously injured patients may require a critical care trained medic or HEMS.

In terms of development focus, we want to try and complete the medical side and not have a repeat of Sebastian leaving the medical side half done in the US because he was bored of working on medical stuff.

Ok. Now I see... US version has no use for HEMS helicopters at all via missions. Offcourse, if you wan't to alarm HEMS to any medical mission, that's fine and possible. I have been played another countrys version of game, and there is regurarly use and need for HEMS at missions. Hopefully it comes to US version also.

Another mystichal thing. Why police helicopters won't have possible to put patrol route...? Example many highway patrols has helicopters, and those observe traffic from air. So patrol route for Police helicopters?

Copy-paste from older answer:
    "Rescue engines are primary vehicles here in Finland too. Most of first responded engines has water tank and pump, 4-6 scba's, hydraulic rescue tools, gas/oil leak/chemical equipments, BLS-stuffs (defibrillator, some medicines etc.), lots of hand rescue tools and water supply tools + hoses. I almost forgot surface water rescue tools and ladders. Some second alarm volunteers hasn't got hydraulic rescue tools, BLS/first responder equipments."

>> So if somewhere engine has only engine stuff, let it be. Heavy rescue has such things. But rescue engines = pump rescue tenders got little of stuff, what you need almost all alarms. Special equipments comes with containertruck or another unit.

Okey. On county or farmer area there's no need for Hose tenders, because there's no hydrants at all. That's why I'm asking for those tankers/water carriers. Example our area we got about 20 real tankers and ofcourse 2 hoselayers.

cfvfd104:
    "I have 282 fire stations across 6 areas as well as 8 hospitals in the Houston area, 2 hospitals in Dallas, 1 hospital in Prescott, AZ, and 1 hospital in Fairfield, CA.
    Total Unit Count:
    284 Engines 70 Ladders 42 District Chiefs 26 Rescues
    8 Hazmats 5 Tankers 5 Boosters 8 Mobile Command Units
    5 Cascades 24 Medics 23 Patrol Cars 3 Medical Helicopters"

>>> WOW. But what kind of vehicles you have put as tankers? I'm waiting real tanker for this game. Something, what missions need. Extra water carrier...

you should allow normal fire trucks to do hazmat it just tajes longer to complete because I know here in Australia fire trucks have basic hazmat capabilities

Yep. Agree for that. Here at Finland we got 22 area rescue departments at whole country. HazMat unit we got at year 2014 totally 14 pieces! Why's that? >> Our basic rescue pumpers contains basic HazMat equipments, and heavy rescues contains else, what you need at the scene. Example my own area rescue department have water/chemical diving unit, but no HazMat at all, because there's no need for that. There goes lots of trains with HazMat stuff and at highways goes multiply trucks with HazMat stuffs.

But if game stuck for that: Game is US based... Keep your game.

There's list of new vehicles at top of page. I know that police helicopter just comes, but example water tanker has been on list for ages. In German version there's TLF = tanker unit. So what's the point for not adding that, what already is in the game at other (language) version?

Rescue engines are primary vehicles here in Finland too. Most of first responded engines has water tank and pump, 4-6 scba's, hydraulic rescue tools, gas/oil leak/chemical equipments, BLS-stuffs (defibrillator, some medicines etc.), lots of hand rescue tools and water supply tools + hoses. I almost forgot surface water rescue tools and ladders. Some second alarm volunteers hasn't got hydraulic rescue tools, BLS/first responder equipments.

Help needed!

I just refresh game, and map will disappear at all.

There's text: "As of July 11, 2016, direct tile access has been discontinued. Please visit our blog post..." etc.

Tanker is on list, so I don't hurry U guys about that.
    But if we can wish, could U put last of list that tanker-engine?

Copy-paste from some pictures pictext:
    "The Grand Ridge Fire Protection District [LaSalle County} Illinois has a large district that is almost all rural. This is 2012 Pierce Velocity Pumper/ Tender. It has a 1500 gallon per minute pump and carries 2500 gallons [9463 liters] of water"
    There is 3-axles fire vehicle with long cabin for ff's.

Thanks for game!

IRL at my country, that unit moves are real for every day. Trying to keep area coverage much high as possible comparing calls, which could come. Plus there's sort of radius and risk areas, where should be first engine maximum at 6 minutes. (and other risk area sets too)

sliwma asked for difference...

Vehicle get kilometres/miles, so is there possible that used vehicle could broke? IRL that wouldn't nice, but it happens...

Fixing costs, so servicing vehicles cost also. And buying new or used vehicles? Is there enough realism, or should game still be the game?

Lots of thinking, and hopefully others says, what they think about this.

PS: I change vehicles stations, when they got enough kilometres / miles, and new one comes to station, where it should run mostly.

Anyway, tankers still needed. Countyside those are much needed. No pipe network available, so there's no fire hydrants as well at all. Sometimes we should use motorpumps, and gets water from lake, river etc.
    Example area, where I am at real life, we have about 40 engines or rescue-engines, and more than 20 tankers. Just we should have. Many times those aren't enough. But hey, the area which we coverage is about 2 400 square mile. Not so big, but lot of countryside. And only 200.000 residents.

Hello!
    I'm 39yrs old male from Finland - Europe. I've been at volunteer fire department from junior years, since I've been 10 years. Now there's more than 20 years behind for roll calls at vol. FD. Nowadays I'm used to be as pumper chief/group leader. My real work is emergency response dispatcher. Experience for that is now about 11,5 years for dispatcher and shift manager.