Posts by Faolan

I don't quite see the point in upgrading a truck from Type 1 to Rescue Engine. It doesn't really work that way, so even in real life the department would have to get rid of the old truck and purchase the new one. Maybe I missing something here, but I don't see why deleting the engine and spending 19K on a Rescue Engine or Quint is such an issue. Especially since you can get 19,000 in no time by the time those trucks are unlocked.

Just a quick question. Do the large boat docks count towards dispatch centers? I feel like they would since it's a station, but they also aren't listed in the dispatch centers.

Not to be nitpicky, but you've gone from changes within the AAR to combining that with things you'd like to see added to the game itself. They deserve separate threads but have also been discussed before. The mods say that PD is their focus right now, so any suggestions we make to Fire/EMS are a while down the line anyways

Within the mission requirements it is listed as also needing 1 SWAT personnel. This is how the SWAT function is being reworked in order to accommodate the SUVs with smaller personnel counts (at least, that's what I've interpreted it as).

Agreed. This game is essentially based from a Dispatch point-of-view, and Dispatch's job is relay the general nature of the call. Really specific stuff gets handled by units on-scene and really doesn't affect either what the call comes out as and is recorded as. Regardless of what chemicals were involved or how big the affect was, it'd still go down as some sort of Industrial incident

A squad could be useful, its usually a mini pumper with EMS capabilities and tools. Kind of like mashing a Heavy Rescue, Engine and Fly-Car together.

In that case, just use a Rescue Engine with a reduced personnel count. FD units can treat patients to a certain degree

I agree, though this game is geared more for the initial reponse and handling of emergency calls. I.e. there's no detectives because they don't get dispatched first. Cops go and deal with it, and what happens next is irrelevant in the game sense

Quick question about SWR and the spawning of water calls. Do they only spawn around the station with the extension like the ambulance ones? Or will they attach to any POI within the assigned dispatch area?

My only thing is obviously this is supposed to be a US based game, maybe someone from the US can tell me if this is something that exists.

Usually in the US (as far as I know, at least; if anyone knows differently please correct me) animal rescue is handled by Humane Societies and similar groups with the fire department helping by using traditional rescue methods

The game isn't built to determine the difference between a river port and ocean port, it just registers them all as POIs. The calls aren't particularly high-frequency as of now though so like Stuart said it'll just take some time

From my understanding, this game is based more around the American way than anything else. That said, I'm not at all following your first suggestion. It sounds to be the exact same as a Rescue Engine, at which point your argument turns into one to lower the unlock point. My solution: buy an engine and a HR until you can unlock the RE.

As to the Foam Tanker, gameplay wise it would function exactly the same as a normal tanker.

I would definitely do this if I wasn't able to get on while I was at work so after work I could finish the call and get a lot of credits.

But this and sleep would be the only times it would be used, but there is no way that the game could know when to spawn something like that. And any sort of trigger could easily be abused