Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 96.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Caolan753: “Yeh I can, I will have to find the script as it uses taper monkey. ” Thank you for that. I had the alliance building one but didn't know about the personal building one.

• Quote from Caolan753: “DM me and I can help you out. ” Are you suggesting this can be done? Can you explain here so we all know? I'm not aware of how

• SWAT Not Available

Wings - - Errors, Bugs

Quote from Chief401A: “They said that once you get a lot of vehicles an orange bar will appear that says load missing vehicles. ” That's what that orange bar is about! I have noticed that over the last few weeks but I have been buying new vehicles so that is probably why.

• Online status

Wings - - Suggestions for improvements

Quote from thomas1321: “so what you want to see a player who could be having a tough time and not playing for a week show as red. ” I'm not sure what you're talking about? Having a tough time? The suggestion was just to show the last login time for players that's all. Nothing about showing in red or a time period of a week. It's handy for admins to assign roles to active players. What's wrong with that? Quote from thomas1321: “If they say it cant be done for privacy reason then that's that. It c…

• Quote from Alctw10: “I don't think the mods are being mean and I have not insulted them. ” I agree. I haven't seen any insults or arguing. Just a healthy debate. Nothing wrong with that, exactly what forums like this are all about.

• Quote from Alctw10: “Have it so it spawns when 3 hospitals are built and only 1 will spawn at a time but again I guess that's a no? ” Yep, another workable solution - but again that is a whole other massive leap in coding required for the game. All I think for very little gain. Quote from Alctw10: “We've had the update with certain missions requiring 8 FOs which was greeted with mixed reactions from the community ” I'm against that change just to be clear. I didn't comment though because it was …

• Quote from Alctw10: “But ultimately back to your own hospital, if you have a fire in your hospital and you have to convey elsewhere then that has worked regardless where the next hospital is. ” It hasn't worked at all if players are just transporting patients to a different hospital owned by the alliance in exactly the same spot with the same name. Quote from Alctw10: “It will add some realism to the players game, which is what we're all after right? ” Of course, realism is great. If that's all …

• That could work. It would involve a major code re-write though because buildings cannot currently be used as POIs in the code. Doable but a lot harder in practice than it sounds. Even if it were implemented the player could just use someone else's hospital in the same location anyway so it would kinda defeat the purpose.

• No it doesn't create a POI when a hospital is built. Therefore it wouldn't be possible to put the hospital out of action because the call has spawned on a POI which has been placed nearby so the two aren't related. It's not a bad idea though, a workaround instead could be to set all hospitals within a certain small radius not available for that call. But then you'd just get people setting POIs around the corner from where hospitals actually are so that they could still use the hospital. We alrea…

• Online status

Wings - - Suggestions for improvements

Quote from Caolan753: “We asked about this and got the response about privacy from the Devs ” What rubbish

• flooding missions

Wings - - General Discussion

Yeah this is a bug. The flooding missions haven't worked for 6 months at least. It's been reported a few times.

• Mission changes

Quote from TACRfan: “My idea for it was to have a sliding bar with rural at one end, and urban at the other, the player would then slide the bar closest to where they think or all the way to the end depending on how rural it is. ” Love that idea. Would work really well alongside another slider to set the call spawn radius for each station too, with a minimum or safeguard to prevent cheating of course.

• Another idea on the same topic is that it would be great to have an extra option in the alliance menu to hide alliance owned buildings on the map. There is already a toggle option there to show/hide player owned buildings in the alliance it would be good just to add the same thing for alliance owned buildings. We have 65+ alliance owned buildings (mainly hospitals) in our alliance in just a few states and it makes the map look very cluttered.

• Dispatch Centres

Fair enough. It wasn't a criticism I was just trying to understand the logic in case I was missing something with the dispatch centres. The 3 countries and geographical split with the dispatch centres makes perfect sense, that's what I do too. When you mentioned "individual services" earlier I thought you meant you have a dispatch centre for police, dispatch centre for ambulance and one for fire which I couldn't see the point of. All good.

• Dispatch Centres

Quote from VICFire: “I don't yet want calls such as Unknown Tanker Spill and Serious Accident Involving a Bus until I have sufficient ambulance and police resources to handle these. I have moved police into their own dispatch center in order to disqualify myself from those requirements, which stand at 13 fire stations, 2 police stations and 5 fire stations, 2 police stations and 8 ambulance stations respectively. Once I have sufficient resources, I'll link them up so I can get these other calls …

• Dispatch Centres

I must be missing something with these setups, what is the benefit of separating the services into their own dispatch centre? If you have all police, for example, on it's own dispatch centre doesn't that mean you won't get any calls that require x police stations + x fire stations + x ambulance stations? Or do you leave the tick unchecked in the edit screen so it doesn't generate dispatch centre specific calls? But if you are doing that then what is the advantage with separating the services wit…

• Quote from DeputyChiefBurnham: “Or at least a filter by description option? ” I second that, a filter would be very helpful. I use control-F to find keywords but there isn't many entries on a page so that doesn't help scrolling over multiple pages. A filter would get around that.

• Ambulance Extension Info.

Yes it will reduce the likelihood of medical calls, but only if you are replacing your existing ambulance stations with fire/ambulance combos - otherwise you'll still get calls from the ambulance stations you have already anyway. - If an ambulance station is chosen randomly by the system to spawn the next mission then it can only generate a medical call. - If a combo fire/ambulance station is chosen randomly by the system to spawn the next mission then it can select randomly from both fire and m…

• Call Volume on wild fires low?

Wings - - Errors, Bugs

Quote from TACRfan: “According to the devs it is done by a percentage ” Their reply to rescuenut93 a week or two ago confirms that it works just like every other mission on the game and the way Sebastian coded it... board.missionchief.com/index.p…g/?postID=24426#post24426 The "10%" was just in the example they used. First a station is randomly selected, then a possible mission is randomly selected. In their example they said "say you have 10 fire stations, and 1 has the brush expansion then it's…

• Call Volume on wild fires low?

Wings - - Errors, Bugs

That's not how mission generation works, there isn't a pre-set percentage that determines how many of your calls are wild fire missions. When a new mission is generated (based on the time interval setting) the game first randomly selects a station to spawn the call, then it randomly chooses a mission to generate from the available list of missions for that station (based on expansions and dispatch centre groupings). So to increase the chances of wild fire missions the only option is to increase …