Dispatch Center having vehicles

    • me181 wrote:

      I suggest adding a fire station next to your dispatch station and naming appropriately. Not much more can be said.
      We recently added another 23 levels to fire stations and 24 to Police and EMS, why is this any different? Just like Hospital should maybe have an extension to park both Ambulances, Fly-Cars and HEMS
      I do like this idea

      Creator of the Portuguese Units Graphic Pack!
    • You got to remember, a dispatch centre is more then just a “building” as such. It also houses a lot of settings etc compared to a building like fire etc, for me I have just put a building next to it/on it. I personally don’t see the point in having a dispatch centre having vehicles as it’s “like” a control terminal for your game. I use my dispatch centres as where the control room would be Aka dispatch etc.
      (COVER - GLOUCESTERSHIRE, AVON & SOMERSET AND WILTSHIRE)
    • PortuguesDC wrote:

      me181 wrote:

      I suggest adding a fire station next to your dispatch station and naming appropriately. Not much more can be said.
      We recently added another 23 levels to fire stations and 24 to Police and EMS, why is this any different? Just like Hospital should maybe have an extension to park both Ambulances, Fly-Cars and HEMSI do like this idea
      Theyre different buildings with completely different functions, again, I suggest you add the relevant station nearby if you want to replicate this.
    • Smudgy58 wrote:

      You got to remember, a dispatch centre is more then just a “building” as such. It also houses a lot of settings etc compared to a building like fire etc, for me I have just put a building next to it/on it. I personally don’t see the point in having a dispatch centre having vehicles as it’s “like” a control terminal for your game. I use my dispatch centres as where the control room would be Aka dispatch etc.
      A lot of County 911 PSAP Centers (Public Safety Answering Points) also intergrate the County EOC (Emergency Operations Command). The EOC is the County authority on incidents that are above your local chiefs and county emegency service providers. They keep a good number of vehicles at the EOC which is activated for the highest of emergencies. For instance, our county has a radio communications truck for the FD (Mobile Command), 1 Rescue type helicopter, 1 Humvee, 1 small fire boat, 1 MCU, one other MCV (used to set up staging points for the Police, Fire or EMS). They also have other vehxiels which have not been used yet but in bigger cities, this is not even half the vehicles on standby for higher tiered incidents.
    • The dispatch centre should not itself contain vehicles for the reason that it is not it's function, there is already a lot going on in the building, controlling all vehicles, buildings, events, training and of course the settings. They're already a complicated thing to get around for new players and adding vehicles on top is just unnecessary, particularly, when you can just add a station next to it to dispatch the relevant vehicles from. There are completely different setups regarding vehicles that are kept near these buildings and it would be impossible to have a system that works for all. It would therefore not be appropriate to implement.
    • me181 wrote:

      The dispatch centre should not itself contain vehicles for the reason that it is not it's function, there is already a lot going on in the building, controlling all vehicles, buildings, events, training and of course the settings. They're already a complicated thing to get around for new players and adding vehicles on top is just unnecessary, particularly, when you can just add a station next to it to dispatch the relevant vehicles from. There are completely different setups regarding vehicles that are kept near these buildings and it would be impossible to have a system that works for all. It would therefore not be appropriate to implement.
      exactly my point :) In real life Terms some dispatch centres have vehicles... However in Missionchief terms, dispatch centre is like a control panel for the game. It’s pointless having vehicles in a dispatch centre seeing a dispatch centre is “FREE”

      You got to remember, If you add vehicles to dispatch centres it will mean the developer will make the game easier which he does not want from what I can tell. You also got to realise that it will also decrease the amount the game earns through coins as it’s a free building, which then you will see lack of development as the dev won’t be able to sustain the game if coins massively drop.
      (COVER - GLOUCESTERSHIRE, AVON & SOMERSET AND WILTSHIRE)
    • Smudgy58 wrote:

      me181 wrote:

      The dispatch centre should not itself contain vehicles for the reason that it is not it's function, there is already a lot going on in the building, controlling all vehicles, buildings, events, training and of course the settings. They're already a complicated thing to get around for new players and adding vehicles on top is just unnecessary, particularly, when you can just add a station next to it to dispatch the relevant vehicles from. There are completely different setups regarding vehicles that are kept near these buildings and it would be impossible to have a system that works for all. It would therefore not be appropriate to implement.
      exactly my point :) In real life Terms some dispatch centres have vehicles... However in Missionchief terms, dispatch centre is like a control panel for the game. It’s pointless having vehicles in a dispatch centre seeing a dispatch centre is “FREE”
      You got to remember, If you add vehicles to dispatch centres it will mean the developer will make the game easier which he does not want from what I can tell. You also got to realise that it will also decrease the amount the game earns through coins as it’s a free building, which then you will see lack of development as the dev won’t be able to sustain the game if coins massively drop.
      There is always an excuse... now it's the cost of the building?
      Fire stations can have ambulances, they have an Ambulance Extension, why not make a vehicle extension on dispatch centers so they can also hold vehicles? I'm not asking for the to behave like a fire station, but it would be nice if it could hold let's say 5 command related units such as Batallion Chief and MCV. We are not making the game easy by any means, just like having helipads on hospitals, which would cost the same as building one, it would just avoid having more buildings with less functions each

      I can understand that new players already find the D.C. complicated enough, but isn't that what more experienced players do? help new players? I doubt that would be an issue

      Creator of the Portuguese Units Graphic Pack!
    • PortuguesDC wrote:

      Smudgy58 wrote:

      me181 wrote:

      The dispatch centre should not itself contain vehicles for the reason that it is not it's function, there is already a lot going on in the building, controlling all vehicles, buildings, events, training and of course the settings. They're already a complicated thing to get around for new players and adding vehicles on top is just unnecessary, particularly, when you can just add a station next to it to dispatch the relevant vehicles from. There are completely different setups regarding vehicles that are kept near these buildings and it would be impossible to have a system that works for all. It would therefore not be appropriate to implement.
      exactly my point :) In real life Terms some dispatch centres have vehicles... However in Missionchief terms, dispatch centre is like a control panel for the game. It’s pointless having vehicles in a dispatch centre seeing a dispatch centre is “FREE”You got to remember, If you add vehicles to dispatch centres it will mean the developer will make the game easier which he does not want from what I can tell. You also got to realise that it will also decrease the amount the game earns through coins as it’s a free building, which then you will see lack of development as the dev won’t be able to sustain the game if coins massively drop.
      There is always an excuse... now it's the cost of the building?Fire stations can have ambulances, they have an Ambulance Extension, why not make a vehicle extension on dispatch centers so they can also hold vehicles? I'm not asking for the to behave like a fire station, but it would be nice if it could hold let's say 5 command related units such as Batallion Chief and MCV. We are not making the game easy by any means, just like having helipads on hospitals, which would cost the same as building one, it would just avoid having more buildings with less functions each

      I can understand that new players already find the D.C. complicated enough, but isn't that what more experienced players do? help new players? I doubt that would be an issue
      Well, interesting to out our views on this matter as mere 'excuses', apparently your opinion matters more now?

      There's quite a few 'excuses' given above, I recognise the buildings importance as a command centre and it's role in holding some command resources for response in real life, however the function of this building in this game is different, it would therefore not make sense to implement.
    • “Not making the game easy by any means” ok riddle me this, FREE! building having vehicles in, Surly that’s a easy way out of paying like 700k (for me anyway) for a fire station.

      Also calling it a excuse... Hmm opinions opinions. It’s a highly important fuctional entity within the game which tbh wouldn’t be able to house a vehicle in anyway probs by the looks of things. I’m sure a moderator will be able to clear this up cuz there seems to be a high level of confusion...

      Also your expression of “I'm not asking for the to behave like a fire station, but it would be nice if it could hold let's say 5 command related units such as Batallion Chief and MCV.“ totally contradicts anything you have said. I’m not trying to start arguments but, Calling members responses to a idea a “excuse” really isn’t pleasant and not needed and can provoke a argument being discharged.
      (COVER - GLOUCESTERSHIRE, AVON & SOMERSET AND WILTSHIRE)
    • This is your problem (both of you), you behive like kids, you can't accept a simple joke... Seriously
      I didn't say my opinion matters more than anyone else, it doesn't. Simply you all find reasons on why not to allow this and i'm simply saying that those can have a way around


      Smudgy58 wrote:

      “Not making the game easy by any means” ok riddle me this, FREE! building having vehicles in, Surly that’s a easy way out of paying like 700k (for me anyway) for a fire station.

      Also calling it a excuse... Hmm opinions opinions. It’s a highly important fuctional entity within the game which tbh wouldn’t be able to house a vehicle in anyway probs by the looks of things. I’m sure a moderator will be able to clear this up cuz there seems to be a high level of confusion...

      Also your expression of “I'm not asking for the to behave like a fire station, but it would be nice if it could hold let's say 5 command related units such as Batallion Chief and MCV.“ totally contradicts anything you have said. I’m not trying to start arguments but, Calling members responses to a idea a “excuse” really isn’t pleasant and not needed and can provoke a argument being discharged.
      1st - Let's re-answer this because you simply can't read.... The building is free? Yeah... the extension? No? So that means we have to pay to have vehicles parked in that building? It does? WOW =O Mind blowing isn't it? So it's not free after all?

      2nd - That would certainly be a little confusing to store vehicles. Another tab there would be a little confusing, I agree there. But need is the mother of invention so I'm sure that wouldn't be the biggest issue

      3rd - Does it? A fire station has so many different vehicles. It would only be logic for a command building (like the Dispatch Center is) to only have command related units. I'm not asking to have engines and ladders here :rolleyes:

      I mean, I don't know if you just hate Semas because it seems that everytime he shares an idea people dislike his post :/ (A JOKE HERE, DON'T TAKE IT AS A FACT!!!! )
      I can understand why you don't want this to be implemented, I personally would like this because I believe his idea came from a talk we had a few weeks ago, and this makes some sense. Perhaps reducing the number of vehicles at the stations to 3 would be better and the expansion would be 300k. Which costs as much as getting space at a station but it's much better than making a new station just to have 3-5 cars in it

      Creator of the Portuguese Units Graphic Pack!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by PortuguesDC ().

    • Woah, I sense a lot of sarcasm. Can I just say your remarks again calling us our for acting like kids? Yet you won’t appreciate other people’s opinions by calling them excuses.

      Can I just point out:

      On the rules it does state:

      2.Insults
      a) An insult is any statement, remark, comment, or threat that offends anyone

      Quite offended to your reply to calling them excuses along with now calling 2 people childish for standing up for their own points/statements. I do not hate semas, I’m voicing my opinion... Like you and like others.

      Unfortunately it comes a point in time when people will start up and shout they feel targeted because people are SIMPLY VOICING THEIR OPINION. Of which we are allowed to do on this forum.

      And to your statement saying we try and find any possibility to try and stop it being added is a very broad thing to say, Seeing we only have a few reasons.

      Oh well this topic has for some reason ended badly cuz Aparently we are not allowed to voice our opinion.

      Moderators if you could please kind of act upon this forum and maybe seek a resolution. No arguments need to be caused over voicing opinions.

      Thanks :)

      Edit: to that “joke don’t take it as a fact” ok why say it if you don’t want it to become a fact? But anyway I will continue to not voice my opinion until the matter is resolved :)
      (COVER - GLOUCESTERSHIRE, AVON & SOMERSET AND WILTSHIRE)
    • Smudgy58 wrote:

      Woah, I sense a lot of sarcasm. Can I just say your remarks again calling us our for acting like kids? Yet you won’t appreciate other people’s opinions by calling them excuses.

      Can I just point out:

      On the rules it does state:

      2.Insults
      a) An insult is any statement, remark, comment, or threat that offends anyone

      Quite offended to your reply to calling them excuses along with now calling 2 people childish for standing up for their own points/statements. I do not hate semas, I’m voicing my opinion... Like you and like others.

      Unfortunately it comes a point in time when people will start up and shout they feel targeted because people are SIMPLY VOICING THEIR OPINION. Of which we are allowed to do on this forum.

      And to your statement saying we try and find any possibility to try and stop it being added is a very broad thing to say, Seeing we only have a few reasons.

      Oh well this topic has for some reason ended badly cuz Aparently we are not allowed to voice our opinion.

      Moderators if you could please kind of act upon this forum and maybe seek a resolution. No arguments need to be caused over voicing opinions.

      Thanks :)
      If you feel offended it's not my fault. Honestly I'm not going to spend one more second over this. This is a clear example of what someone told me not too long ago about how some people behave on the forum. Their needs must be satisfied and everyone else doesn't matter, and by this I mean in other threads (some of them recent). Also, if I say "A" and you are watching the screen upside down it doesn't turn it into a V, so please stop saying I think my opinion matters more than anyone else and stop trying to shutdown other people ideas (which wasn't even my idea to begin with, but it's not the first time I see this happening)

      That's all you will hear from me, and unless I need to talk with you again, trust me, I won't :thumbup:

      Creator of the Portuguese Units Graphic Pack!
    • Ok this topic is getting out of hand. I understand that some services may base command units at dispatch centres but in this game the dispatch centres serve as a settings menu and overall control panel in the shape of a building in game, they are also free to build which will cause issues with game balencing, fire stations go up in price and if the expansion always stays at 300K, why would someone spend 700K on a new station. Because of this it is unlikely to happen.

      My suggestion is to build a station over the top of the dispatch centre.

      If this continues to get out of hand I will not only lock the topic but start handing out warnings as well.
    • PortuguesDC wrote:

      This is your problem (both of you), you behive like kids, you can't accept a simple joke... Seriously
      I didn't say my opinion matters more than anyone else, it doesn't. Simply you all find reasons on why not to allow this and i'm simply saying that those can have a way around


      Smudgy58 wrote:

      “Not making the game easy by any means” ok riddle me this, FREE! building having vehicles in, Surly that’s a easy way out of paying like 700k (for me anyway) for a fire station.

      Also calling it a excuse... Hmm opinions opinions. It’s a highly important fuctional entity within the game which tbh wouldn’t be able to house a vehicle in anyway probs by the looks of things. I’m sure a moderator will be able to clear this up cuz there seems to be a high level of confusion...

      Also your expression of “I'm not asking for the to behave like a fire station, but it would be nice if it could hold let's say 5 command related units such as Batallion Chief and MCV.“ totally contradicts anything you have said. I’m not trying to start arguments but, Calling members responses to a idea a “excuse” really isn’t pleasant and not needed and can provoke a argument being discharged.
      1st - Let's re-answer this because you simply can't read.... The building is free? Yeah... the extension? No? So that means we have to pay to have vehicles parked in that building? It does? WOW =O Mind blowing isn't it? So it's not free after all?
      2nd - That would certainly be a little confusing to store vehicles. Another tab there would be a little confusing, I agree there. But need is the mother of invention so I'm sure that wouldn't be the biggest issue

      3rd - Does it? A fire station has so many different vehicles. It would only be logic for a command building (like the Dispatch Center is) to only have command related units. I'm not asking to have engines and ladders here :rolleyes:

      I mean, I don't know if you just hate Semas because it seems that everytime he shares an idea people dislike his post :/ (A JOKE HERE, DON'T TAKE IT AS A FACT!!!! )
      I can understand why you don't want this to be implemented, I personally would like this because I believe his idea came from a talk we had a few weeks ago, and this makes some sense. Perhaps reducing the number of vehicles at the stations to 3 would be better and the expansion would be 300k. Which costs as much as getting space at a station but it's much better than making a new station just to have 3-5 cars in it
      I'm sorry, but whatever appeared above that was meant to look like a 'joke', certainly did not appear to be a 'joke'. The only joke going is your response here to our well set out points by calling us 'kids' and your questionable use of language further up. I'm trying to raise these points against the implementation of this update, however much it would work for you, and you appear overly distressed at the fact people don't all agree with you. Sometimes you may feel this way, however, you must remain calm and stick to language which prevents provocation while setting out your argument in this best way possible.

      Now, after setting out my issues with the wording of your response, over what is obviously such a small thing, while appearing to be creating such a large problem, I'll get down to business with this 'extension'. I think your vision of a clear argument has become rather hazy in all this rage, but I will try my best to respond to those points.

      1st, I recognized that you wanted an extension, however we raised the point that it does not make sense to have vehicles dispatched from what originally is a free building and then adding on a cost , the ability to carry out what you want is not hindered in any way by the addition of a fire station next door with the relevant staff and vehicles attached.

      2nd, We agree that it could be a little confusing and I think it is a small problem that can be overcome as you say, however, you mention that there is a great need for this, this is your opinion, and I will counter this with my opinion that I do not think there is a great need for this considering our earlier points(every single on of them - and there's a lot). Opinions rarely change, don't even bother with mine.
      In Smudgy's original response on this matter quoted, he mentions that it 'probably won't be able to house vehicles anyway', (If a moderator could confirm if this is the case then it'd be appreciated)

      3rd, It is logic to have command vehicles with the command building in most cases, but with so many systems in place that we have to take into account this does not work for all so it would therefore not be easy to implement fairly. The large fire boat addition is a fairly universal thing, however the this extension is not.

      If you can't understand why this doesn't want to be added then you don't seem to understand that people have different opinions and that these should be respected. We're quite clearly getting annoyed at you, because of this clear inability, if you want a nicer response from myself over this topic, I suggest you stick to more respectful response yourself.

      I do not mind there being another type of building implemented that'd suit your needs, which would deserve some extra discussion, however integrating with the current dispatch center will not get my support.
    • Not intruding but may I make a simple suggestion?

      1. Dispatch Center extension to stations? Not sure if this was suggested or not. Could cost 100K or so per extension. I'd personally use this method if implemented to organize my Fire, EMS and Police districts.

      Especially for large townships or smaller neighborhoods.

      Update: Btw how many Dispatch Centers are we allowed to have?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by rescuenut93 ().

    • rescuenut93 wrote:

      Not intruding but may I make a simple suggestion?

      1. Dispatch Center extension to stations? Not sure if this was suggested or not. Could cost 100K or so per extension. I'd personally use this method if implemented to organize my Fire, EMS and Police districts.

      Especially for large townships or smaller neighborhoods.

      Update: Btw how many Dispatch Centers are we allowed to have?
      You're free to ask whatever you want, lol.
      One dispatch centre per 25 stations.
      This is actually the complete opposite thing, adding vehicles to dispatch centres, hence our apprehension at this idea.