Hospital capacity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hospital capacity

The current hospital capacity is unrealistic and needs to be increased.

Most ER's can hold more than 30 patients, especially trauma centers. all the hospitals in my area have 30-60 beds, and even then if they get filled they cant turn ambulances away.

please increase capacity size, i have 5 hospitals built all fully expanded and i have to stop playing the game once they fill up,
      if you are going to make missions that can generate over 30 patients in one call then hospitals need to be able to handle that.
    • there is an option at the bottom of each transport to leave without transporting the patient, so you dont have to stop playing if you fill up. I have over 20 Hospitals and Fill them up quite often. which is why I am building several more.

you scroll past your hospital list and very bottom it says leave without transport or something ike that. you only get half of the credits as if you were to transport.

And this has been brought up many times
    • Tyler, although they might have 30 beds, you have to consider that realistically there would also have patients coming in by alternate means than ambulance. And really the current numbers are more than realistic.

I suggest a while ago to implement a sort of major incident function in the event there is a mass casualty call, you are able to activate this function on a hospital which would temporarily increase its capacity. So for example irl in major situations they will use tents and beds outside the ED to form temporary extra space. This could be at a cost per hour to the player, maybe a few coins or credits or take a certain amount off the reward for transporting.
    • Realistically, the data says the AVERAGE National Hospital Capacity in the United States is at roughly 191 persons. For neatness purposes I would recommend 200 beds.

Source:
      ahd.com/state_statistics.html

The math explained:

Display Spoiler
      Staffed beds (746,839) / Hosptials (3909) = 191

There are two approaches to alleviate this concern in my opinion.

OPTION 1:

Display Spoiler
      In the next update, each Hospital Expansion adds x amount of patients per extension.

Pros:
      Immediate fix for older players with the proper wait time and credits invested.

Cons:
      New players will have to wait a while to get larger Hospital Capacities.

OPTION 2:

Display Spoiler
      In the next update, add expansions to be able to be bought up until 190. So maximum level of 190 since each Hospital starts with a capacity of 10.

Pros:
      New and older players can properly invest for the higher bed levels.

Cons:
      Not super realistic in some more rural areas, but it will allow players in higher population levels to get the desired Hospital capacity they feel in realistic.

Ranting:

Display Spoiler

I have seen it posted elsewhere that the Devs wanted to simulate the ER Capacity of a Hospital... That is a cute explanation since you can add the following to your HOSPITAL which implies you have beds and unit(s) for the following:

General Internal
      General Surgery
      Gynecology
      Urology
      Traumatology
      Nurolology
      Nerosurgery
      Cardiology
      Cardiac Surgery

One would assume that the name "Hospital" stipulates that you have many beds for just one unit and not only 30 beds for a WHOLE Hospital. I know this is a game, but it blows my mind why the capacity was not drastically improved. If it hinders server capacity that's one thing... But if it doesn't, what a shame it wasn't done to begin with!

Listen, I am an EMT in real life and work for a Hospital based EMS service. We are capable of handling in excess of 70+ patients in JUST the Emergency Department.

The post was edited 5 times, last by ONI ().

• Not going to happen in my opinion for the simple reason of this. My setup means I have over 60 hospitals around the Northwest and Yorkshire in the UK. They are all max level meaning I can treat about 1800 patients over 2/3 days. With what your saying my capacity would jump to over 12k and I have one of the biggest setups in the uk and I can't fill my 1800 beds on a busy day let alone 12k.

My personal take on this is that you can designate a major hospital with an increased capacity every 25 hospitals or 25 Ambo stations.

So it could work like this.

Small hospital -Current version
      Medium sized hospital - up to 70 patients (every 10 hospitals)
      Major hospital up to 140 patients
      (every 25 hospitals)
      United Kingdom Combined Emergency Services

Founder

Come check us out on MC-UK

missionchief.co.uk/alliances/17
    • Caolan753 wrote:

Not going to happen in my opinion for the simple reason of this. My setup means I have over 60 hospitals around the Northwest and Yorkshire in the UK. They are all max level meaning I can treat about 1800 patients over 2/3 days. With what your saying my capacity would jump to over 12k and I have one of the biggest setups in the uk and I can't fill my 1800 beds on a busy day let alone 12k.

My personal take on this is that you can designate a major hospital with an increased capacity every 25 hospitals or 25 Ambo stations.

So it could work like this.

Small hospital -Current version
      Medium sized hospital - up to 70 patients (every 10 hospitals)
      Major hospital up to 140 patients
      (every 25 hospitals)
      Actually I like your suggestion, here in Jacksonville and I think through out the state, there are "trauma" hospitals that are designated and equipped to receive mass casualty's and the other hospitals would take up the regular calls that would normally go to that hospital. Perhaps a combination of your suggestion and that of Charlieaa would work. Designate a city or county hospital as a trauma hospital allowing a hospital, when a mass casualty event occurs, to increase capacity temporally. To do this would require having enough stations to trigger X amount of patients thus allowing the "upgrade" to the hospital.
    • I like Caolan753's idea, especially if it's every 50 hospitals instead of 25, has big extensions for relatively cheap (25 hospitals=5m, so I think if a player or alliance has contributed 10m toward hospitals, they should have the benefit of a hospital with such a large capacity and a higher requirement so as not to render the regular hospitals obsolete because there'd be too many big hospitals around) and even more if alliances are able to have that ability. It would have a big effect and for those who don't like the low amount of beds in the hospitals, it'll give them a way to fix the delays since they're transporting so many patients and in the future if the devs see so many complaining about how few beds there are, they can just add another larger hospital with a higher requirement to fix the problem. I think this update would also work with the current way where a patient is released per hour instead of one hour after they're transported to the hospital although if the hospitals would release the patient after an hour of being transported there honestly wouldn't be a need for the larger sized hospitals.