Beginner Questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Beginner Questions

Hello everyone!
      I have recently started to play mission chief and these are a few questions that I have about the game.

1) Is there any way to get coins without buying them?

2) I currently have 1 small police station with no jail cells. There is no option to add them so I was wondering do I need to upgrade to a "big" police station in order to get jail cells?

Thanks!
    • rescue423 wrote:

Hello everyone!
      I have recently started to play mission chief and these are a few questions that I have about the game.

2) I currently have 1 small police station with no jail cells. There is no option to add them so I was wondering do I need to upgrade to a "big" police station in order to get jail cells?

Thanks!
      1) Yes, by watching ads on the coins section of the app.

2) You can add cells to a small police station, just go to the 'Expansion' tab. However it will be much more beneficial to start with fire as the fire service calls provide you with many more credits than the police calls do.
      Kieran

999 First Responders, Event Co-ordination Team
    • Kieran wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thanks!
      2) You can add cells to a small police station, just go to the 'Expansion' tab. However it will be much more beneficial to start with fire as the fire service calls provide you with many more credits than the police calls do.
      The US game does not include cells in small stations - yes, you will have to upgrade to a large station if you wish to have cells.
    • Kieran wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thanks!
      Thanks! I already am rocking and rolling with fire, just wondering about police!
    • VICFire wrote:

Kieran wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

Hello everyone!

Thanks!
      1) Yes, by watching ads on the coins section of the app.2) You can add cells to a small police station, just go to the 'Expansion' tab. However it will be much more beneficial to start with fire as the fire service calls provide you with many more credits than the police calls do.
      The US game does not include cells in small stations - yes, you will have to upgrade to a large station if you wish to have cells.
      Thanks again! Does a "normal" sized police station already come with cells or are they extra?
    • The normal stations come with no cells. Each on costs 25,000 credits and takes 7 days to build (it's a lot, I know).

A heavy rescue and utility function exactly the same with the exception that the utility can tow boat trailers. Once you build some more stations, you'll start getting calls for them. It might be that requirement for the unit is on a police/ambulance call. The calls will start flowing soon enough.
    • VICFire wrote:

The normal stations come with no cells. Each on costs 25,000 credits and takes 7 days to build (it's a lot, I know).

A heavy rescue and utility function exactly the same with the exception that the utility can tow boat trailers. Once you build some more stations, you'll start getting calls for them. It might be that requirement for the unit is on a police/ambulance call. The calls will start flowing soon enough.
      Thanks! It is a lot, hopefully its worth it.
    • rescuenut93 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

Also one more question,

It says a heavy rescue and utility unit are required when you reach a certain number of stations, I've had one of each for a whilst now and they've never been called out, any reason why?
      Please try to keep posting one post at a time. You can quote multiple users in one post.
      Thanks!

Rescue
      Ok thanks for the advice! Just wondering, how do you get a boat trailer for the utility to tow? I can't find it on the vehicle menu.
    • rescue423 wrote:

rescuenut93 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

Also one more question,

It says a heavy rescue and utility unit are required when you reach a certain number of stations, I've had one of each for a whilst now and they've never been called out, any reason why?
      Please try to keep posting one post at a time. You can quote multiple users in one post.Thanks!

Rescue
      Ok thanks for the advice! Just wondering, how do you get a boat trailer for the utility to tow? I can't find it on the vehicle menu.
      Make sure that station has the Water Rescue Expansion. It will be the Expansions Tab next to Vehicles when you select your station. After the expansion is finished you can select your Boat Trailers under Water Rescue when selecting Vehicles.

Hope this helps!

Rescue
    • rescuenut93 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

rescuenut93 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

Also one more question,

Please try to keep posting one post at a time. You can quote multiple users in one post.Thanks!
      Rescue
      Make sure that station has the Water Rescue Expansion. It will be the Expansions Tab next to Vehicles when you select your station. After the expansion is finished you can select your Boat Trailers under Water Rescue when selecting Vehicles.
      Hope this helps!

Rescue
      I can't seem to find that tab... I'm playing the American version, is it an American/Uk difference? Does the station have to be on the water?
    • rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

The tab should be on the right just past Firetruck and Other Vehicles.

I am using a small station, is that perhaps the reason that it isn't there.
      Yes, it needs to be a large fire station with a water rescue expansion. The large expansion takes 24 hrs and costs 50,000 credits. Then the water rescue expansion takes 1 week and costs 100,000 credits. these can both be finished instantly using coins.

I would also suggest you train some people at the station in swift water rescue if you haven't already, as all water rescue calls need swift water rescue trained personnel.
    • DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

Yes, it needs to be a large fire station with a water rescue expansion. The large expansion takes 24 hrs and costs 50,000 credits. Then the water rescue expansion takes 1 week and costs 100,000 credits. these can both be finished instantly using coins.
      I would also suggest you train some people at the station in swift water rescue if you haven't already, as all water rescue calls need swift water rescue trained personnel.
      Thank you so much! Can the large fire station with the water rescue expansion dock fireboats?
    • rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

Yes, it needs to be a large fire station with a water rescue expansion. The large expansion takes 24 hrs and costs 50,000 credits. Then the water rescue expansion takes 1 week and costs 100,000 credits. these can both be finished instantly using coins.I would also suggest you train some people at the station in swift water rescue if you haven't already, as all water rescue calls need swift water rescue trained personnel.
      Thank you so much! Can the large fire station with the water rescue expansion dock fireboats?
      Unfortunately not, a fire boat dock is needed for that. A fire boat dock can have fire boats, boat trailers and utility units.
    • DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

Yes, it needs to be a large fire station with a water rescue expansion. The large expansion takes 24 hrs and costs 50,000 credits. Then the water rescue expansion takes 1 week and costs 100,000 credits. these can both be finished instantly using coins.I would also suggest you train some people at the station in swift water rescue if you haven't already, as all water rescue calls need swift water rescue trained personnel.
      Unfortunately not, a fire boat dock is needed for that. A fire boat dock can have fire boats, boat trailers and utility units.

DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

OK thanks! One last quick question, what number of stations should I have before I start thinking about a fire boat dock?
    • rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

OK thanks! One last quick question, what number of stations should I have before I start thinking about a fire boat dock?
      This is just my opinion but I'd wait a ways before getting one. I have 2 Large Fire Boats and a Rescue Boat and never get any calls for them. Invest in other parts of the game first before getting these dude. I waited until I waited until after 60 Fire Stations before getting them.
    • rescuenut93 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

rescue423 wrote:

DFRS999 wrote:

This is just my opinion but I'd wait a ways before getting one. I have 2 Large Fire Boats and a Rescue Boat and never get any calls for them. Invest in other parts of the game first before getting these dude. I waited until I waited until after 60 Fire Stations before getting them.
      Wow ok thanks!