Comparing the UK / US versions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Comparing the UK / US versions

Hello,

I have been play MCUS off and on for about a year and enjoying myself. I was wondering what the primary similarities and differences are between the UK and US versions of the game, and what the differences in features are, as well as which one is being developed most intentionally.

- CTF
    • Sorry, let me try and help

Vehicle wise they are pretty similar

Rescue Pump = Rescue Engine
      CARP = Quint
      WRL = Type 1
      Aerial appliance = Platform Truck
      L4P = Type 2
      BASU = Mobile Air
      Fire Officer = Battalion Chief
      RSU = Heavy Rescue
      ICCU = MCV
      Water carrier and Hazmat are pretty easy to work out.
      Co Responder Vehicle: New to the UK game, this is a fire operated RRV.

IRV = Patrol Car
      DSU = K9
      ARV = SWAT SUV
      Joint Response Unit: New to the UK game, this is a combination between a IRV and an ambulance RRV.
      Police Helicopter: same as US

Ambulance = ALS Ambulance
      RRV = Flycar
      OTL = EMS Chief
      JRU: See Police section above.
      HEMS: Same as US

They are all the vehicles, however although I have said equals, some don’t really due to the different ways they work in the UK, that’s just their game equivalent.

One of the biggest changes in the UK game over the US is the mission requirements. A lot less missions require aerials and if they do it will only require 1 maybe 2 (some missions are an exception). The other is fire officers, unlike a battalion chief who often is a command unit on scene, a fire officers vehicle is primarily only used to transport high level officers to the scene of an incident. This is why it’s not uncommon to see 6+ of these vehicles at large incidents.

For medics, one of the different systems we have is the implementation of critical care and a HEMS requirement. Missions with seriously injured patients may require a critical care trained medic or HEMS.

In terms of development focus, we want to try and complete the medical side and not have a repeat of Sebastian leaving the medical side half done in the US because he was bored of working on medical stuff. This will mean the inclusion of Hazardous Area Response Teams and several new types of vehicle to allow the player to build as close to realistic as we can in the game but so it’s easy enough for those with no knowledge of the emergency services to understand.

We also have some exciting ideas for fire and police as well.
    • Thanks TACR!

Do you think the medical side (and maybe expanded airports) will be finished on the US version, or do you think because the UK version is being built with a fuller development team and doesn't have the years of player expectation it will likely become the leader feature wise.

I'm assuming the UK version doesn't have a forestry / SWR / Airport extensions as the US version does.

I'll have to try the UK version out soon.
    • TACRfan wrote:

Rescue Pump = Rescue Engine
      CARP = Quint
      WRL = Type 1
      Aerial appliance = Platform Truck
      L4P = Type 2
      BASU = Mobile Air
      Fire Officer = Battalion Chief
      RSU = Heavy Rescue
      ICCU = MCV
      Water carrier and Hazmat are pretty easy to work out.
      Co Responder Vehicle: New to the UK game, this is a fire operated RRV.

IRV = Patrol Car
      DSU = K9
      ARV = SWAT SUV
      Joint Response Unit: New to the UK game, this is a combination between a IRV and an ambulance RRV.
      Police Helicopter: same as US

Ambulance = ALS Ambulance
      RRV = Flycar
      OTL = EMS Chief
      JRU: See Police section above.
      HEMS: Same as US
      Great, thanks for the list. I'll finally be able to understand the UK discussion side of things... :D
      Founder of 911 Emergency Dispatch - a nationwide U.S. alliance.
    • TACRfan wrote:

No UK doesn’t have any of those expansions. Airport we want to do it differently and SWR seems to have got lost somewhere haha. I don’t want to see any version get left behind and the leader will always be the German game
      I'm actually ambivalent to the existence of the German game, and as someone who Is bilingual, I'd be interested to see the link to the game / forums...
    • TACRfan wrote:

One of the biggest changes in the UK game over the US is the mission requirements. A lot less missions require aerials and if they do it will only require 1 maybe 2 (some missions are an exception). The other is fire officers, unlike a battalion chief who often is a command unit on scene, a fire officers vehicle is primarily only used to transport high level officers to the scene of an incident. This is why it’s not uncommon to see 6+ of these vehicles at large incidents.

For medics, one of the different systems we have is the implementation of critical care and a HEMS requirement. Missions with seriously injured patients may require a critical care trained medic or HEMS.
      Are these changes in UK version of the game more of the dev team correcting oversights in the US game, or do they stem more from the differences in the UK and US medical response system?
    • cj-rvwilliams wrote:

TACRfan wrote:

Are these changes in UK version of the game more of the dev team correcting oversights in the US game, or do they stem more from the differences in the UK and US medical response system?
      These are requests we have specifically put in both to differ ourselves from the US development and because it's the system that we use in the UK. We're trying to separate the two games to have individual styles and make them unique.