Posts by Daddymoose

Like DeputyMedic20 said in Real World a RIT truck can be anything. A truck, engine, heavy rescue, hazmat. if you have the crew that certified as RIT that your job on a fire ground depending on where you are station and your truck assignment. I said earlier it all depends on where your at.

as for the game, I know we don't like joining multiple job into one truck. A RIT truck could be a stand alone truck that requires training.

http://www.southamptonfd.org/rit.html RIT Truck

http://www.indianafiretrucks.com/pages/allen/st_joseph.html Rescue as a RIT Truck

it's not so much one area or country that uses this. every departments follow some form of RIT. in the US we are required to have RIT because of NFPA 1500, 1561 and OSHA. it is a safety for the every firefighter on a fire ground. it would be fairly simple to incorporate into every style of firefighting. it's just like having a Hazmat team or MCV. both require a specialize training along with there own rig set up.

I'm just saying as from a game stand point after a certain number of firefirefighters on a single call RIT should be required. it's just like an officer down call. it could expand a fire call into a Firefighter down

there are some departments going to a speciaize tow truck that is used for mva that require lifting from off of a embankment, or that have fallen off of an over pass.. look up Miami-dade county the Heavy one. it's a beautiful truck. I believe LAcFD has one also. I believe they are sent out when their usar/heavy rescue companes go out. but again that's part of there heavy rescue response.

Another thing I was thinking to. is fires with tankers. around me a department can have a fire one day with fire hydrants. the next is a rural fire where they have to bring in water from several miles away. maybe there could be a way after I.E 7 stations you start have a random fire that a rural call that needs at least a tanker.

So a normal fire event
    little field fire requires 2 stations and 2 fire trucks
    tractor fire requires 1 station and 1 fire truck

a rural fire event
    rural little field fire would require 7 stations, 2 fire truck and 2 tankers
    rural tractor fire would require 7 stations, 1 fire truck and 1 tanker

it depends one side of the river will call out the RIT rig depending on were the fire is located within the city. that how my volunteer did it when I first started in the fire service.. the other side has the special rescue/haz mat truck the RIT truck.

I know that the developer doesn't like having one truck doing multiple things. so tacking in on to hazmat or HR would be harder.

Another common rig that I don't no that has been suggested is a RIT or RIC truck. Rapid intervention team or rapid intervention crew depending in where you are. it's used for a firefighter is lost or trapped in a fire. in the real world it's used anytime there's a working fire. for the game would be fire intended for the larger calls like large fires, hazmat calls. most have specialize training. the truck is usually a crew of at least 4 some have 6.