Posts by CZick

I help admin a smaller alliance but we are centered around the DMV Area.

Unfortunately our southernmost stations at the moment are situated in Fauquier County and MCB Quantico.

We have plans to expand further south to Stafford and so on, but at the moment we are further than 1 hour away.

If you have any questions you can join this discord -- https://discord.gg/CshxNMx -- We do most of our communication through there and our alliance chat, so we can sort out different things.

Or you could always respond in the forum, no issue there either.

I already know that you can relocate vehicles permanently to other firehouses, let's say you accidentally built an engine at a firehouse that it isn't supposed to be at. No biggie, you can just move it to the firehouse you want.

Also, for large storms and such, staging areas exist so for 24 hours you can temporarily send units and dispatch them out of there.

One thing that happens frequently in my area, is if there is a large scale fire, or units are OOS for the day doing training at the academy or OOS for mechanical reasons, other units from the surrounding stations are moved (relocated) to that firehouse for maybe around a few hours or so. Sometimes, I find myself dealing with major calls where half of my county can be on the call, and that leaves half of my county without adequate coverage. Instead of having 15 minute response times, if there was a feature where I could move a unit to a firehouse where it's units were out on a call, and it could temporarily be AIQ there until the other unit clears, that would be awesome.

Once the unit who's on the call is clear and available, the system could automatically make the unit that was covering the firehouse automatically clear and reroute itself back to its home firehouse.

This seems like a nice option because some calls drain my resources and it is a nice way to even out response times.

If you have any questions feel free to ask I don't think I am very good at explaining my idea.

One thing I was thinking about recently is the idea of training personnel to be paramedics, and have them ride suppression pieces.

Where I live (Fairfax County, VA) and the DMV Area as a whole, we generally have at-least one paramedic on-board suppression pieces. So when an ALS Emergency call is dispatched, we send the closest suppression and the Medic unit.

Maybe an idea for later down the road could be if you train a firefighter to be a paramedic and then put that firefighter on the suppression piece, and if you send that piece to a medical call, they can start giving care to the patient but not ultimately transport.

It's like fly-cars, except we don't use fly-cars around here.

Obviously this idea caters more to the realistic players, as I don't have to send suppression pieces to medicals, but it's how I play the game and that is how I want to play the game.

On my second account, (Prince Georges's County, MD) they are not like Fairfax where every rig has a paramedic on it, they have a few engines designated as "Paramedic Engines" other places on the West Coast have this as well, basically it's having a paramedic on board. I feel like they should serve some purpose, I think the game shouldn't require players to put paramedics on suppression pieces, but it should be an option to players who are building areas that do not have fly-cars.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask I don't believe I explained this as well as I could've.

I am using Google Chrome, and Windows OS. Missionchief loads up but the calls are stuck on responding and when I click the unit button "reload" because a certain unit has arrived, it doesn't reload anything. No new calls are being spawned in either.

Should there be a maximum amount of slots? Or should it be uncapped.

Personally I think that there should be a cap around 30 vehicles. At that point once you hit 30 slots, you cannot add anymore. You would have to buy another depot.

Another thing that could be added is along the lines of how the hospitals have certain extensions, maybe make small extensions that are also worth 10k credits, and buying those extensions could make it so apparatus in that certain depot maybe only take 20 hours instead of 24. Once you get all the possible "speed" extensions for a depot the fastest a piece of apparatus can be serviced should be 12.

Maybe you could make it so certain calls that require medevacs, you need to send an additional unit to mark an LZ. That's typically what we do around here I don't know how other places do it.

I was wondering if there is a possibility to implement a feature that adds a counter to each unit on how many calls they've been on. Right now I measure the busiest based off of miles driven, that has its inaccuracies for a few reasons:

1. The units I started out with will always have more miles because they've been in the game for the longer amount of time.
    2. Some special units that typically don't get calls that much (Hazmat, MCV) will have more miles because of further distances they need to drive as typically Hazmats and MCV's serve the whole county/jurisdiction.

That's all I could think of, It seems like a basic feature to implement.

The images I have below are some of the typical units around here on the EMS side:

1. An EMS Supervisor is an EMS Chief, basically the Battalion Chief but for EMS. Right now I have them as fly-cars in game as there isn't really another way to portray them in game.

2. Some of the neighboring counties have "Rescue Squads" which are like FD Heavy Rescues but are staffed at those stations. Basically they deal with the same stuff a Rescue Co. would deal with on the east coast.

To add on to what Faolan said. I like to set goals for myself each day, I'll try and earn between 200-300k a day. Typically what I do is I leave my desktop PC on over night so the maximum amount of calls will be available for when I wake up. Then when I am at school or out and about, I can load up the mobile version and I will have 40-50 calls waiting for me. If I leave my computer on during the day as well, the calls will automatically come back. So I don't have to idle on the app during school and wait 30 seconds for a call.

Hello! My name is Carson and I am apart of DC Metro Area Fire/Rescue on Mission-chief. We are a small alliance right now, with only a few members. We are looking for active and chill players who can take some jurisdictions and run them.

We are a realistic group, we strive to build each jurisdiction the most realistically it can get. Obviously we may run into some issues and have to improvise, but it's all in fun!

Before I get more in depth, I'd like to explain what is "DC Metro" and why you should join.

The DC (District of Columbia) Metropolitan Area is located on the East Coast of the United States. It includes the states of Virginia and Maryland, along with the District of Columbia.
    The surrounding counties came together to create an agreement to help with incident coordination and responses. This agreement set up by the Metropolitan Washington Council of
    Governments, would give a total of 15 jurisdictions a prefix to their unit numbers. Considering this area is pretty mutual aid heavy, this was needed. An example of the prefix in
    action:

Let's say a reported structure fire is dispatched in box 10600 of Arlington County on the border of Fairfax, a typical rundown of that assignment would be as follows:

E106, E428, E108, E102, T106, TL401, R401, M106, BC112, BC111, CA114, EMS112, EMS404, SAF403, INV15

E - Engine
    T - Truck
    TL - Tower Ladder
    R - Rescue
    M - Medic
    BC - Battalion Chief
    EMS - EMS Supervisor
    SAF - Safety Officer
    INV - Fire Investigator

If you take a look at the numbers of every unit (besides the investigator) that are responding, they are in a 3 digit format. If you take out the first number in the sequence
    and you look at the last two, that would be the company number without the agreement. For example the first due engine would be Engine 6 not Engine 106. There are 2
    different counties responding to this call, Arlington and Fairfax. Arlington is designated the prefix of "1" for all of their units. Fairfax has a designated prefix of "4" for all of
    their units. So using that, you can see that Fairfax is sending 5 units to the call in Arlington. So without even having to think officers and dispatch know who is coming from
    where on certain calls.

The list of counties and their prefixes are found below:

000 - District of Columbia
    100 - Arlington County
    200 - Alexandria City
    300 - Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (Airport, MWAA for short)
    400 - Fairfax County, City, Fort Belivoir
    500 - Prince William County, Quantico
    600 - Loudoun County
    700 - Montgomery County
    800 - Prince George's County
    900 - Frederick County
    1000 - Charles County
    1100 - Fauquier County
    1200 - Culpeper County
    1400 - Rappahannock County
    1500 - Stafford County, Fredericksburg

Each county has sects that may be considered on a military base, or a city inside the county. They still
    use the prefix designated for that county. MWAA is in two different places. MWAA holds authority over
    Dulles International Airport located in Chantilly, Virginia. MWAA also holds authority over Ronald Reagan
    National Airport located in Arlington, Virginia.

Members who join are expected to build their jurisdiction they are assigned as realistically as possible. One thing
    you are allowed to do is do multiple jurisdictions, but we will only allow you to do so once you've shown to us that
    you are active. Remember, a county we reserve for you could be someone else's. If you want to request a county
    to expand into, just shoot me (CZick) or Ben (benfdlr14) a message on Missionchief. We should respond in a day or so.

ANYWAYS! Back onto the whole recruitment side of things, The following is what we want out of our members:

REQUIREMENTS:

- Active (Play everyday, exceptions can be made)

- Friendly
    (Self explanatory, don't be a jerk)

- Sharing (We do a lot of mutual aid, so if someone requests mutual aid don't blow them off)

- Follow Our Rules (duh)

These are the basis for more rules, I can't think of any others right now.

The following list is of counties are either vacant or reserved/filled:

JURISDICTIONS
    000 - District of Columbia (DC) - VACANT
    100 - Arlington County & Fort Myer (VA) - VACANT
    200 - Alexandria City (VA) - VACANT
    301 - MWAA/Reagan National (VA) - VACANT
    302/303/304 - MWAA/Dulles International (VA) - Carson
    400 - Fairfax County, City of Fairfax, & Fort Belvoir (VA) - Carson
    500 - Prince William County, City of Manassas, City of Manassas Park & MCB Quantico (VA) - Ben
    600 - Loudoun County (VA) - Carson
    700 - Montgomery County (MD) - Jalen
    800 - Prince George's County (MD) - Carson (Alt)

SURROUNDING JURISDICTIONS
    900 - Frederick County (MD) - VACANT
    1000 - Charles County (MD) - Carson
    1100 - Fauquier County (VA) - Ben
    1200 - Culpeper County (VA) - VACANT
    1400 - Rappahannock County (VA) - VACANT
    1500 - Stafford County & City of Fredericksburg (VA) - Ben

JURISDICTIONS OUTSIDE 1500
    Anne Arundel County (MD) - VACANT
    Spotsylvania County (VA) - VACANT
    Howard County (MD) - VACANT

We can (and will) add more jurisdictions that are outside of the metro area, but can still serve as mutual aid to counties that are nearby.
    (example: Baltimore County & City.)

Also we will post in the alliance board when storms will happen.

To help even further with mutual aid, we add a prefix of letters in front of each unit. For example an engine from Fairfax County would be
    "FFX Engine 401". Each prefix is between 2-4 letters. We make the prefixes whatever just makes sense. I'll dm those that are interested in
    joining more information about the letter prefix.

For those who have finally read thru this giant message. If you still feel like joining, shoot me a private message, friend me on Missionchief
    and then message me there. You can also post in the thread saying you'd like to join and I can contact you from there. I will discuss more details
    and final touches at that point.

Our Group name is "DC Metro Area Fire/Rescue"

Hope to see some of you applicants join us in our alliance! :D